Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Daisy Ridley Autograph Card for auction supp. St. Jude's Children's Cancer Research

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/6747004586

February 01, 2017, 08:44 AM
H_Toser
Daisy Ridley Autograph Card for auction supp. St. Jude's Children's Cancer Research
Beckett Auctions is auction off a 2016 Topps Star Wars Masterwork Daisy Ridley autograph card with 100 percent of the winning bid being donated to St. Jude Children’s Cancer Research. The card is BGS 9/Auction 10.

The auction can be found HERE along with complete details.

February 01, 2017, 09:46 AM
wolfie
Nice looking card and for a good cause. Clap

If only she had signed Daisy Ridley on the card it would have been perfect.

February 03, 2017, 02:15 PM
ts
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Nice looking card and for a good cause. Clap

If only she had signed Daisy Ridley on the card it would have been perfect.

Seriously...She probably got paid very well to sign 10 cards. At least you can sign your full name.
February 04, 2017, 02:06 AM
X
As the star of the new trilogy I think it's a great thing she signed. Really nice card, nice picture, just a shame she doesn't sign her full name on trading cards (even though there is plenty of room to do so), and what she does sign just looks a very limp effort. I'm mean how hard is it to write "Daisy" nicely? Most the time I think it looks like she writes "Day".

Don't know what anyone else thinks but I've noticed A LOT of younger signers have pretty terrible autographs in most card sets, don't know why though!
February 04, 2017, 09:49 AM
barobehere
quote:
Originally posted by X:

Don't know what anyone else thinks but I've noticed A LOT of younger signers have pretty terrible autographs in most card sets, don't know why though!

I have to get on my 17 year old son all the time about his writing. He finally got it through his head that if it is messy, he will do his assignment again. Handwriting is not taught in schools anymore. My 6 year old already does most of her classwork in 1st grade on a computer. I am teaching her to write in cursive. It is not a surprise to me to see the younger generation of autograph signers with poor penmanship.
February 04, 2017, 10:38 AM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Handwriting is not taught in schools anymore.

Exactly! Not only can't they write in cursive, they can barely spell for all the shorthand that is used on Twitter and Facebook and wherever else they text messages.

Good penmanship is now an obsolete concept, much like having some common sense. Big Grin
February 05, 2017, 03:37 PM
ts
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Handwriting is not taught in schools anymore.

Exactly! Not only can't they write in cursive, they can barely spell for all the shorthand that is used on Twitter and Facebook and wherever else they text messages.

Good penmanship is now an obsolete concept, much like having some common sense. Big Grin

Lots of schools are not even teaching cursive anymore.