Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Marvel 3D from Upper Deck Entertainment.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel 3D from Upper Deck Entertainment.
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Received preliminary information on a new Marvel product. {yes, yet another Marvel product}

quote:
Marvel 3D Trading Cards deliver* (1) Playable Legendary Sketch Card in Every Box! Collectors will also find (1) Hit in Every Pack (either a Base Set Variant, Base Set Die-Cut Parallel, 3D Comic Cover or Affinity Lenticular Insert Card); as well as (2) Playable Legendary DBG Cards and (3) Base Cards!

PLEASE NOTE! Per Upper Deck product content is Subject to Change!
* All content listed is an average of the entire production run

EVERY PACK CONTAINS:
(1) Hit from the following list:
* Base Set Variant, Base Set Die-Cut Parallel, 3D Comic Cover or Affinity Lenticular Insert Card
(2) Playable Legendary DBG Cards
(3) Base Cards

BOX HIT:
(1) Playable Legendary Sketch Card

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:

(1) Sketch Card Per Hobby Box – sketch cards are usable in the Legendary Deck Building Game!

(1) Base Set Variant, Base Set Die-Cut Parallel, 3D Comic Cover or Affinity Lenticular Insert Card - in Every Hobby Pack!
o The Affinity insert uses Lenticular technology to hold 4 characters on one card!

(2) Legendary DBG Cards in Every Hobby Pack - these cards will contain original art & game mechanics; and will be compatible with the Legendary Marvel Deck Building Game
o Consumers who buy Hobby Boxes will get an assortment of Legendary Cards; where most of the cards will be immediately usable in the Legendary Deck Building Game

Base Set (100 cards) - every base card is displayed in 3-D Lenticular Technology

Legendary content Checklist is TBD

CONFIGURATION:
12 boxes/20 packs/6 cards*
(3) Base Cards, (2) Playable Legendary DBG Cards and either (1) Base Variant, Base Die-Cut Parallel, 3D Comic Cover or Affinity Lenticular Insert

Now, the Legendary game aspect does nothing for me. And "playable" sketch cards??? Who's crazy enough to play games with sketch cards? Also wondering if the sketch will be small, as in the normal art window size on the game cards.

Pluses: I love 3D Cards and the Affinity cards sound pretty cool too.

Looks like at least 2 boxes to complete a base set, so base sets won't go for cheap. Interested to see if the base variants are standard card versions of the 3D cards.

Price is high, SRP is around $6 a pack and I'm sure you'll see boxes for just under $100 from Friendly Dealers™.

Thoughts? Does anyone here play the game??

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Sounds a bit like Redakai. A lenticular 3-D card game set put out by Spin Masters a number of years ago. The game is now extinct. I never actually played it, but as a fan of all things lenticular, I managed to get a master set together.

I'm still quite impressed with the quality of the card design and lenticular. If this Marvel 3D set is similar, I'll have to jump in.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
This might be the promo card for something similar to that, but based on the "Alien" sci-fi horror movie franchise instead of Marvel characters.

They had it at the Upper Deck booth near the register at the just completed Comic-Con:

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the Legendary Game system is the basic rule set. Might be fun to play with aliens AND Marvel characters. :P

They've had at least 2 expansions for the Marvel Game, but I still know of nobody that actually plays the game.

A little aside note, when the "You can only buy UD products if you're a Brick and Mortar store" first started, they sent me a note to say I could still buy the Legendary game. Like that was some sort of consolation prize for not getting their trading cards. Shake Head

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post