Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic Cancelled Sets and Rumors
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic Cancelled Sets and Rumors
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I was just going through the New NSU. Unstoppable cards have cancelled all of their upcoming sets. Does anyone know about them?

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
no idea where you read that, Unstoppable Cards based in the UK has 3 forthcoming releases in 2014 and 6 in 2015.. I am sure you had mis-read the information and Harris will confirm, all is well.

Barrie, Jason & Steve.

Posts: 170 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
This is where I read it in the Non Sports Update Volume 25 number 5 October/November 2014, Dateline: Schedule of upcoming Trading Card Releases page 43 middle column of issue volume 25 number 5.

Cancelled.
Britannia 2; Rise Of Cuthulu, Nevermore Alice Series 2, Dead Sexy 3: Detention, War of the Worlds Art of War, Monster City.

It looks like they are dropping their art sets. I still see a few vintage movie sets still in the list that are not.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: barobehere,

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Those are cards from Unpleasant Dreams Cards, not Unstoppable Cards. It is a bit confusing as they are both British-based card companies starting with a "U" and with somewhat similar names but it is the Unpleasant Dreams releases which we have listed in NSU and online as cancelled.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Amen. I also found it impossible to deal with her while I was trying to get promos for my customers back home,

Dave

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Panic over! As Barrie said there's a lot of exciting sets in the pipeline!!

Jason

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that was cleared up, I mis-read as well.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
On occasion, unanticipated production challenges compel us to reevaluate our set configurations. (See Once Upon a Time http://bit.ly/1rs0z4I)

We are currently reevaluating our Psych, Fringe and Pacific Rim trading card plans. Ultimately, any final product configurations may differ substantially from what was originally solicited and advertised on our product pages. Therefore, we have removed these product pages from our website. As soon as we complete our analysis and determine the best product plans we will provide updates on our website and Facebook.

Posts: 69 | Location: CA | Registered: October 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Those are cards from Unpleasant Dreams Cards, not Unstoppable Cards. It is a bit confusing as they are both British-based card companies starting with a "U" and with somewhat similar names but it is the Unpleasant Dreams releases which we have listed in NSU and online as cancelled.

Just contacted BOO who runs Unpleasant Dreams. He said that the sets are delayed rather than cancelled while he has been working on sketch sets for Marvel and Breygent as well as getting the first Nevermore Alice collector's guide sorted.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Just contacted BOO who runs Unpleasant Dreams. He said that the sets are delayed rather than cancelled while he has been working on sketch sets for Marvel and Breygent as well as getting the first Nevermore Alice collector's guide sorted.

OK, that's great to hear! When I surveyed companies for this update, he emailed to say they were cancelled so he must have had a change of heart. They had been on the schedule for quite some time.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mgeo:
We are currently reevaluating our Psych, Fringe and Pacific Rim trading card plans. Ultimately, any final product configurations may differ substantially from what was originally solicited and advertised on our product pages. Therefore, we have removed these product pages from our website. As soon as we complete our analysis and determine the best product plans we will provide updates on our website and Facebook.

Thank you for posting, it is great to hear from the manufacturer. I hope something can be done to release products as they make sense -- I for one was really interested in the autograph line up from Pacific Rim.

That said it is very unfortunate that this information is being disseminated via canceled orders and speculation. . . Having webpages from the manufacturer's site simply vanish creates a lot of uncertainty that extends well beyond the pages that disappear. . .

Looking forward to the next SOA set, Sleepy Hollow, and well as whatever is released from Pacific Rim. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, I was really looking forward to the Pacific Rim set and had ordered quite a few boxes for my store. Although I'll be sad if they don't come out, I'd rather the product be exciting rather than something you didn't think would live up to the expectations of the fan base for this film.

Thanks for posting,

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post