Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    BATMAN: THE LEGEND
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BATMAN: THE LEGEND
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted
Does anyone have any info on this series?

I've heard it has a December release date and an October pre-order deadline.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Is that the next Cryptozoic DC set?

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Yep!

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:

It's the cover story for the upcoming September-shipping Non-Sport Update. There's a promo inside too. Smile Read your issue, Tattoox. We've got lots of set info inside.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:

It's the cover story for the upcoming September-shipping Non-Sport Update. There's a promo inside too. Smile Read your issue, Tattoox. We've got lots of set info inside.

Gotta get it first. Wink

BTW, I was going to mention something about the main site. It might just be me, but hasn't it been a long time since we've got sneaks (in blue) of up coming promos? I know, you gotta have them in hand, and other issues come up.

Looking forward to the next issue and the promos. Oh, when will it be released?

Good thing you mentioned the article info coming up, because I almost bugged Miranda today for it.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Here's the complete information that came with the solicitation from CZE, along with an order due date of October 19.

quote:
Contents Summary:
61-card original art base set
9-card foil Batcave puzzle cards 9-card foil Circus of Villains poster cards
Sketch cards
Key Selling Points:
• The base set will feature original art, commissioned exclusively for the DC Comics Batman™: The Legend trading card set.
• Look for randomly inserted chase sets featuring some of Batman’s coolest cars and gadgets.
• Artist roster includes some of the top names in comics.
• Card text written by Adam Beechen.
• Sketch cards will be inserted 1:24 packs.
Marketing Support:
• Advertisements in Previews and Non-Sport Update magazines.
• Promotion at comic and pop culture conventions nation-wide.

Not much to go on yet, but CZE's been pretty good about letting artists sneak approved sketches.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
It would have been cool to have some autograph cards for this set. To avoid copyright concerns, you could have the actor sign a card with a comic book sketch version of the character that they played. For example, a Michael Caine autograph card with a comic book sketch of Alfred used as the picture. I don't know, I think this is me just craving a Dark Knight Rises film related set haha.

Anywho, this set looks cool! Can't wait to get a box or 2.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
This set is going to be cool. Its going to be interesting to read the next issue of NSU magazine, there is a lot going on right now during autumn.

61 card base set, sounds really good, I like base sets that are under 100 cards, CZ has realized this, anything over 100 for a base set is too much in my opinion.

I´m going to get some boxes of this release.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
61 base cards seems quite small, especially with Batman's long history.

Base set size doesn't really matter to me. Yet I prefer them to be of a multiple of 9, so they fill 9 pocket sleeves evenly.

I just read this to my wife and she said "WTF is up with these odd number sets?"

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
61 was a preliminary number we were working with when we selected the characters for the set, final count is 63. The DC Comics sets will tend to be on the smaller side, but this is because we are commissioning brand new art for the set. Based on those costs (that don't exist when existing art is reused), we have to keep the set a bit smaller.

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miranda:
61 was a preliminary number we were working with when we selected the characters for the set, final count is 63. The DC Comics sets will tend to be on the smaller side, but this is because we are commissioning brand new art for the set. Based on those costs (that don't exist when existing art is reused), we have to keep the set a bit smaller.

I think most collectors appreciate seeing new art in the sets, I know I do! Smile

Posts: 1570 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:

I think most collectors appreciate seeing new art in the sets, I know I do! Smile

I do too.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
There is a page for the set up on Cryptozoic's site along with a few sketches:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/trad...legend-trading-cards

Looks like there are 147 sketch artists!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of artists!

Glad to see they didn't reuse the artist signature thing on the front from DC 52 which didn't work at all, this one looks much nicer.

Posts: 121 | Location: London | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Looks like they've lost a few artists and added a few. There are several still there who did subpar work for DC 52 which is unfortunate. I like the idea of the Batmobile and Batcave inserts.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fun set to do just wish I was considered for some of that new base art.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
We'll be previewing Batman sketch card artists twice a week until launch.
Check out our Facebook page to see the posts from today!
http://www.facebook.com/media/...0093869003065&type=1

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
There are some very nice sketches posted!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
We'll be previewing Batman sketch card artists twice a week until launch.
Check out our Facebook page to see the posts from today!
http://www.facebook.com/media/...0093869003065&type=1

Figured I'd bump this as there's a LOT of sketches posted now! I think there are 270 different ones shown (30 artists x 9 examples each).

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic just announced the release date for the set: January 11, 2013.

There will be redemptions in the packs for 4" x 6" oversized art cards by: Tim Shay, Matias Streb, and Jonathan Wayshak