Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic 2021 ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic 2021 ?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I really hope Crypto can get everything together to capitalize on the current boom in interest in entertainment cards.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The initial product page is up for CZX Crisis On Infinite Earths:

https://cryptozoic.com/collect...s-on-infinite-earths

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
The initial product page is up for CZX Crisis On Infinite Earths:

https://cryptozoic.com/collect...s-on-infinite-earths

The only real info there is that when they use the words "Super-Premium" it's another way of saying "Super-Expensive". I can't see any reason why there isn't a checklist.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's not saying much, but I did notice a couple of things.

The box has a cut out center, so there won't be many packs, and the big hits all have a 1:6 pack ratio. Now big hits are the Single/Dual Autographs, Sketches and Wardrobe cards.

If I were guessing, which I am, I would think its 6 - 12 packs per box and its skipped hits. I can't imagine you would get both a sketch and an autograph in the same box, but perhaps wardrobe cards will be guaranteed.

It has to be at least as expensive as the premium Outlander was, possibly more if they're looking at UD's Marvel Black Diamond with envy. However I really don't consider the signature checklist can be that strong in comparison.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really wish Crytozoic luck. . .

They are calling Crisis on Infinite Earths "The biggest Super Hero event in TV history," but I've never heard of it.

Also this apparently aired nearly 18 months ago.

I don't see there being a huge demand for this 'Super Hero event,' so I think sales will be driven based on the autographs/sketches. . .

I don't watch any of these shows, so I looked through the Wikipedia pages, and I don't see any stars who has the same star power as Gal Gadot, who drove the sales on the last DC CZX set.

Are there any other bigger draws in these shows than Melissa Benoist? Her Supergirl season 1 auto recent sold for $540, that is far below Gadot's autos.

I will definitely be watching this set, and I really hope it does well.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Yeah, it's not saying much, but I did notice a couple of things.

The box has a cut out center, so there won't be many packs, and the big hits all have a 1:6 pack ratio. Now big hits are the Single/Dual Autographs, Sketches and Wardrobe cards.

If I were guessing, which I am, I would think its 6 - 12 packs per box and its skipped hits. I can't imagine you would get both a sketch and an autograph in the same box, but perhaps wardrobe cards will be guaranteed.

It has to be at least as expensive as the premium Outlander was, possibly more if they're looking at UD's Marvel Black Diamond with envy. However I really don't consider the signature checklist can be that strong in comparison.

The other CZX releases were 6 pack boxes. If this holds the same formula as the other releases each box will yield one sketch, auto and wardrobe. There will probably be more parallels so you have three packs with the hits, two packs with the parallels and one pack with probably a star power.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same box as CZX Outlander and DC Movie Set. 6 packs per box.

DC Movie set had 1 auto and 1 sketch per box, so it's not a stretch that this will have one of each and a wardrobe card too. CZE always had a good relationship in regards to wardrobe, so I expect those will be 1 per box as well.

No price point yet, but Outlander and DC were in the $250 range at release. So thst's where I expect this one to land if not a little more considering the current market.

No release date and no distributors taking orders yet, so I'm guessing we're at least 6-8 weeks out if not more.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Are there any other bigger draws in these shows than Melissa Benoist? Her Supergirl season 1 auto recent sold for $540, that is far below Gadot's autos.

Depends who they get. They got Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin once each, tiny number of cards signed each, so they went for huge money and are long gone from the market. If those two signed again, and Melissa Benoist signed again, those three alone are easily enough to drive this, and that's without getting anyone new. They could potentially have Ezra Miller again as well.

These shows have provided Cryptozoic with 8 sets prior to this, and are still current even if this cross-over is now in the past, so they probably don't have a lot to worry about.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Product page does say that autographs, sketches, those silly STR PWR cards, and base set parallel cards, are all 1 per box. But it doesn't explicitly say that for wardrobe cards, which is a bit odd.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
No price point yet, but Outlander and DC were in the $250 range at release. So thst's where I expect this one to land if not a little more considering the current market.
Ed

Considering the current market and lack of earning power, they should be looking at a lower price point. Remember, those that say money isn't important are always the ones that have it.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Considering the current market and lack of earning power, they should be looking at a lower price point. Remember, those that say money isn't important are always the ones that have it.

It is interesting this earning power situation has hit people in different ways. I know a waiter who is making far more money on covid unemployment than he did when he was working. Also local hotels and restaurants have tons of openings that they can't find workers for because the workers are making more money on unemployment. All the people I know who were in office jobs have more disposable income because they aren't traveling and are working from home -- on top of many of them getting covid stimulus money despite not being financially impacted by covid.

I know one private tutor who has lost a lot of business, as well as a yoga instructor who has struggled as yoga studios closed.

It has definitely been a mixed bag, but at least in my circle more people are making more money or have more disposable income than less, although some are making less.

Because of that and how hot the market is I don't see a price drop on this product.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Same box as CZX Outlander and DC Movie Set. 6 packs per box.

Ed

As you can tell by my guess, I didn't open a box of either one of those. Big Grin But I think that's not bad to get all 3 types of hits in one box, provided that you aren't getting a $10 sketch or autograph. Much better than not finding any hit of the type you actually collect because you bought a skipped box product for a small fortune. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:

Depends who they get. They got Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin once each, tiny number of cards signed each, so they went for huge money and are long gone from the market. If those two signed again, and Melissa Benoist signed again, those three alone are easily enough to drive this, and that's without getting anyone new. They could potentially have Ezra Miller again as well.

These shows have provided Cryptozoic with 8 sets prior to this, and are still current even if this cross-over is now in the past, so they probably don't have a lot to worry about.

Good points, I had forgotten about the Gustin and Amell autos.

I am kind of surprised that Crypto hasn't started pushing more sets with the surge in trading card popularity.

It seems like they have a decent set of licenses they could be using.

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I'm actually surprised CZE haven't promoted a season 5 Outlander set yet. Can't see it in the line up. Not that my wallet is complaining. I guess the whole covid thing has pushed back some titles.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
I'm actually surprised CZE haven't promoted a season 5 Outlander set yet. Can't see it in the line up. Not that my wallet is complaining. I guess the whole covid thing has pushed back some titles.

I was thinking the same, that a season 5 must be due

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post