Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Bettie Page announcements!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bettie Page announcements!!!
 Login/Join

Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
Here are the Veronica O'Connell numbered incentive sketch cards limited to 25. Enjoy!

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Those are fabulous. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Fantastic Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hokey Smokes those are awesome!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Definately some great looking stuff!

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Veron's cards are stunning!!! Dance

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Wow, they really are amazing.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
I need to go and order my set right away. These cards are really looking great!

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Versicolor has apparently partnered with DMC Collectibles in the UK to offer a Bettie Page binder.

Check out DMC Collectibles web site (sorry, I cannot list the link) to learn more. Only 100 made.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I ordered one so there are only 99 left. Hurry!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I know this will be hitting the streets soon, but it's really a shame that Versicolor is doing so little to market this product.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I guess one could ask what more the could do?

They've made a bounty of promo card, supporting a variety of shows and getting the information into the hands of collectors. They also issued preview sets which are designed to create interest. I know I've sold quite a few.

They could have put an ad in NSU.

But where else do you market your non-sport cards?

From a dealer perspective, I've been emailed many times over the course of the product being prepared.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Fair enough Ed, but take a look at this thread. Over a month between my post and the last one. Yes, I realize that there is activity for this set on the promo thread, but how many non-promo collectors look there?

Tom gave us near daily teasers leading up to the release of his Vampirella product and it's done extremely well. I realize people do things differently, but Versicolor's last post here was also over a month ago. A few more tidbits of info to feed the frenzy would be helpful.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This will be worth it but I am still waiting for an official release date. Anyone know?

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
Fair enough Ed, but take a look at this thread. Over a month between my post and the last one. Yes, I realize that there is activity for this set on the promo thread, but how many non-promo collectors look there?

Tom gave us near daily teasers leading up to the release of his Vampirella product and it's done extremely well. I realize people do things differently, but Versicolor's last post here was also over a month ago. A few more tidbits of info to feed the frenzy would be helpful.

I'll give you that there hasn't been as much activity on the boards. I guess I should put some blame on those like myself who will be selling this set.

Tom's preview of Vampirella was unprecedented, and very successful. But this is also Versicolor's first foray into making a complete card set from scratch. We don't know how the approval process works with the licensor. I'm willing to give Billy a pass on not checking in on his first set.

Frank: Nothing firm as far as a release date yet. I imagine it will be fairly short notice from "We're ready" to "We're Shipping". Again, first set out I don't think hitting a release date is such a big deal if the cards are nice, and from the promos the cards ARE nice.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
This will be worth it but I am still waiting for an official release date. Anyone know?

Apart from the full page and half page ads in NSU magazine, there have been tons of announcements at our Facebook site including this one which is September 15th. Just 3 weeks away! We are just waiting for artists to return autograph cards which will be inserted roughly 1 in every 10 sets. They were send out a bit late.

Thanks,
Billy
Versicolor

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
We are card collectors, we are here on a non-sports site, not facebook.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think this is a good indication of the age of most trading card collectors,mainly middle aged and not familiar with or interested in relatively new communication methods like facebook and twitter.

Speaking for myself the internet is about as computer savvy as I can get.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
We are card collectors, we are here on a non-sports site, not facebook.

Smile As a service to our customers we try and leave information in as many different areas as possible. We even have a section on the Scoundrel forums to cater to all of the artists and "art" related part of the set.

We appreciate all of your great feedback though Batman,

Thank you,
Billy