Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Bettie Page announcements!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bettie Page announcements!!!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
These look really nice, might have to order 2 or 3 tins myself!!!!
That could prove a little difficult at the moment as I don't think anywhere has them for sale (except maybe dealers awaiting stock). I just tried the Versicolor shop and found this message:

Temporally Out of Stock

NB, that's their spelling mistake not mine Angel

Yes,I was hoping there might still be some left when I go to the USA next month and I could get them delivered to my hotel.Looks like I am out of luck Frown .Cost of shipping plus customs charges plus Royal Mail charges made them too expensive for me to ship to UK.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I came home from work a short while ago and got a massive rush, as I had a nice large package sitting on the kitchen counter waiting for me. Since I'd received an email earlier in the day telling me that my Bettie Page sets had been shipped I got all excited thinking they'd arrived. Unfortunately for me it was only my two binders. Frown As nice as they are, I'm still bummed out.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I still haven't gottten mine either, but I think I was a late orderer. I can't even remember how many boxes I ordered so it will be a surprise.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is an awesome looking tin!! I really want one. This set is really cool. Big Grin

Here is an image that I submitted as a base card. All my Bettie sketch cards can be viewed at my DeviantArt. Smile

http://www.elaineperna.deviantart.com

Posts: 2291 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
GREAT WORK Smile

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Still haven't received my box from Versicolor. Any updates on these?

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for my 40 tins as well.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I got this reply from Versicolor on Saturday 24th

"They are going out in the order they were received. They should ship this week or next depending on when you ordered.

Thank you,
Billy Shipley
Versicolor Productions"

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Talk of yet ANOTHER week now?!? Mad

No product should have left until it was all ready to go. While we may have placed our orders late in the game, we sure the heck shoudn't be waiting several weeks AFTER folks start getting theirs.

As a card dealer, the secondary market is already pretty well done for those who will want base sets, meaning I have to recoup all of my money from the chase cards (which are not selling as well as we all hoped).

From what I have seen, it is a beautifully produced set and I know it is Billy's first release and all, but I would be hard pressed to ever order again if this is how business gets done.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
With all of the delays and shrinking secondary market, I regretably canceled my order. I must say that Billy was very understanding and quick with my refund. I wish him nothing but the best and I have no doubt that his next set will go off without a hitch.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
How can you cancel the order? Is there a clause that says if you don't get your product by X date that you can cancel?

Just intrested to know.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
No clause, just a gentleman's agreement. With their current progress, my shipment woudn't have been available for at least 2 more weeks. This just doesn't work when you are a dealer, to get product a month or more after it has been on the street.

Fortunately, it does allow them to sell 40 more tins to collectors at their regular price.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oh right, thanks very much. Wavey

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Got an e-mail today saying my box from Versicolor is on it's way, the same day I got my box from Ed. What an eerie coincidence! Ok, it's not so eerie then! It's so pretty I hate to open it!

posted Hide Post
This is a very nice set.

A Dita Von Teese set would fit this style perfectly.

Posts: 21 | Location: Newcastle | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Hi, I have been searching on the net with no results : so, I am asking here. Does anyone has images of the 5 cards that are inserted in the limited edition preview set as a bonus compared to th regular preview set?
I own a regular one and I would like to know what the other cards look like before buying a limited one. Thanks for the help.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
Hi, I have been searching on the net with no results : so, I am asking here. Does anyone has images of the 5 cards that are inserted in the limited edition preview set as a bonus compared to th regular preview set?
I own a regular one and I would like to know what the other cards look like before buying a limited one. Thanks for the help.

I'm sold out of the limited ones, but they all contain nudity if I recall. So you're less likely to see images here.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
All of the Bettie Page sets that have been ordered have shipped! Some of the sketch cards we received were either damaged or unusable for various reasons and some of the artists who originally agreed to do cards did not come through. Because of this we have asked some of the existing artists to help out by finishing the blank sketch cards that are left. Once we get them all back, we will put some more full-size sets for sale at our website periodically until they sell out.

We still have the Bettie Page Preview sets available which come with card images not found in the set and a few of the Limited Edition Preview sets limited to only 200 with exclusive cards not found anywhere else available at our site.

We received so many positive comments about the set and about the packaging of the sets. We wanted to thank all of our customers for their support and great feedback. And we wanted to thank all of the fantastic artists that were involved in our first set! They are truely the ones who made this set great.

Thank you,
Billy Shipley
Versicolor Productions

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Versicolor,

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
Bettie Page Prismatic X-Ray Mail-Away Set

We have been getting many questions and requests about whether a Paypal payment can be sent in instead of a money order for the Bettie Page Prismatic X-Ray Mail-Away set. Many people live out of the country and it is difficult and costly to get an international money order. We have decided to go ahead and allow it as long as the Mail-Away offer card is still mailed in to get voided and sent back with the set(s) ordered. Paypal payment can be made to the email found at our site or here in our profile on NSU's forum.

We also wanted to announce that 1 in every 4 sets will include a Bonus Chase card #0 of Zombie Bettie by artist Zane Donnellan aka Gooney Toons randomly inserted.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Versicolor,

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Versicolor:
Bettie Page Prismatic X-Ray Mail-Away Set

We have been getting many questions and requests about whether a Paypal payment can be sent in instead of a money order for the Bettie Page Prismatic X-Ray Mail-Away set. Many people live out of the country and it is difficult and costly to get an international money order. We have decided to go ahead and allow it as long as the Mail-Away offer card is still mailed in to get voided and sent back with the set(s) ordered. Paypal payment can be made to cards@versicolorproductions.com

We also wanted to announce that 1 in every 4 sets will include a Bonus Chase card #0 of Zombie Bettie by artist Zane Donnellan aka Gooney Toons randomly inserted.

Thanks for allowing Paypal Thumb Up ,makes things a lot easier for non USA based collectors.I got the boxes you sent to me in Las Vegas but waited until I got home this weekend to open them.Will be posting the results shortly and sending off the mail in cards.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post