Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jedi Legacy
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Just reading about this in the new issue of NSU. This set will include....

Star Wars Relics!! WOOHOOOOO!!! Metal

Jabba's sail (from the barge, right? Wasn't a typo for "tail" was it?)
Ewok fur
Chewbacca fur

This product is already sold out. Wink Razz

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Whoa! Disney didn't waste any time whoring out the memorabilia. Big Grin

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
I'm excited but disappointed. I'm guessing it will be some sort of a premium set again. It is 30 years of Jedi after all. My pocket will too stretched if this is the case.

Any more info given? I've not got the issue yet.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
I´m also excited about this one, after all Return of the Jedi is my favourite movie of Star Wars. I really hope this is going to be something really special.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:
I'm excited but disappointed. I'm guessing it will be some sort of a premium set again. It is 30 years of Jedi after all. My pocket will too stretched if this is the case.

Any more info given? I've not got the issue yet.

Why disappointed?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
I don't have the new issue yet, either. Will it just be relics? Will there be sketches or autos? I've got to get the art director's name at Topps and get on a set!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell yes!!!!!!! Can't wait for this

Posts: 153 | Location: Washington | Registered: September 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:
Whoa! Disney didn't waste any time whoring out the memorabilia. Big Grin

Did anyone really think there wasn't a way to make relic cards? Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who is making it and what is the release date?

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ScoobyDew79
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlca:
Who is making it and what is the release date?

Topps, and the release date isn't listed, other than 2013.

I'm torn about the fur relics. On one hand, if they're from "Material use to make the costumes" (like the X-Men movie costumes from awhile back), it diminishes my interest about owning them. If they're from the actual costumes, it makes me a little sad they're cutting those up.

Still, should be an interesting set. I've always thought a Luke's Jedi Robe costume card would be absolutely amazing.

Posts: 43 | Location: Oxford, Mississippi | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Looks great! Different kind of set. Film frame cels are new for Star Wars. The coup is the relic cards of course but Chewie hair 1:30 boxes, OUCH! Probably have to pass on that one unless I pull it myself.

Maintains the $100 a box price point of Galactic Files. But 12 or 8 box cases?

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
No Sketch Cards in Jedi Legacy. Autographs and Relics and Film Relics only.

Release time frame is Mid-May. Not certain on the exact date though.

Posts: 36 | Location: New York | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:

12 boxes per case.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
quote:

12 boxes per case.

That's a lot of money to plunk down. I'm not sure the value is there with the relics being long odds and no sketches. Does an auto(or printing plate) and a film frame in a box with a slight chance at a relic justify the same price point as Galactic Files?

Didn't that Beckett article used to have odds listed for the inserts including the individual relic cards?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Every box has two hits - a single film cel and either an autograph, relic, printing plate, double cel or triple cel.

Odds for the Relics are:

Ewok Fur - 1:5 boxes
Jabba Barge Sail 1:14 boxes
Chewbacca Hair 1:30 boxes

Double and Triple Cels are 1:6 boxes each
Autographs are 1:3 boxes
Printing Plates 1:30 boxes

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does an auto(or printing plate) and a film frame in a box with a slight chance at a relic justify the same price point as Galactic Files?

If Topps does it right, it can. Look at the patches in Galactic Files - they were initially met with a backlash, yet in some cases proved to be a valuable insert. I'm sure they'll take a similar approach with the film cels.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Every box has two hits - a single film cel and either an autograph, relic, printing plate, double cel or triple cel.

Odds for the Relics are:

Thats a lot of ewok!!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
quote:

Odds for the Relics are:

Thats a lot of ewok!!

Actually, there are going to be several different Ewok character cards, so there will be a lot more than 1 needed for a "complete" set. " Swatches from Logray, Teebo, Wicket, and other Return of the Jedi Ewoks"

There will be short prints too, you can bet on it. Much like some of the patch cards in GF were rarer than others.

Also, this one is cheaper than Galactic Files. SRP may be around $100, but I KNOW Wave you'll be able to get boxes for $85 or less. Still an expensive case with 12 boxes.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of richscards
posted Hide Post
If anyone is ordering this, please PM me, thanks!

Posts: 178 | Location: SF Bay Area, USA | Registered: August 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post