Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jedi Legacy
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I'd love to know who the autographs signers are, but I was able to get a case for under $80 a box, so I'm in.

The base, chase, and regular inserts sound cool, especially the 12 card die cut puzzle.

The costume/prop cards should be very collectible if that specially made Ewok card from a few years back is any indication, and I really liked the film cards from Disney Treasures, so I'm sure I'll like these, too.

There should definitely be a multi-auto from Mark Hamill, James Earl Jones, David Prowse, Jake Lloyd, and Hayden Christensen, since the set focuses on Anakin/Vader and Luke so much, maybe one of those booklet types to fit all the stickers.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I will be cracking a case, it looks to be interesting.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
I would be all over this set if they were hand signed autographs. Wish topps would go back to that like the evolution series!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I am digging the preliminary work ups for these...

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bit confused on this, are the film cell cards all going to be different, or will they be duplicated? Presumably the artwork will be duplicated on the card, but are all the frames slightly different? Really not sure what to make of this set.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, the frames aren't manufactured as well, and are from actual prints of the movies, as was the case with the Upper Deck Disney Treasures Reel Piece of History film cards.

If that's the case the frames should vary from card to card. It made collecting those a lot of fun, trying to get all the different characters for Nightmare Before Christmas, in my case.

But the nature of these cards, on the other hand, it seems like the frames will largely feature only the Jedi, their vehicles, and perhaps their weapons. If this chase set is a hit, hopefully they'll do it again and open it up to the entire cast of characters.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Topps have posted an image of the sail barge relic on their facebook page, except its a Boba Fett image variant. I wonder how many different characters there will be for this relic? Luke, Leia, Boba, Lando & Han all spring to mind. Maybe even a few others.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goldfish:
Topps have posted an image of the sail barge relic on their facebook page, except its a Boba Fett image variant. I wonder how many different characters there will be for this relic? Luke, Leia, Boba, Lando & Han all spring to mind. Maybe even a few others.

Klaatu! Barada! Necktie, er, Nikto!!

I've got a case of these coming, plus 4 boxes each of Parks & Rec and Game of Thrones, plus I hope to get at least a case of Galactic Files II and definitely some of the upcoming stuff from Breygent. All that, plus Comic-Con means it's going to be one expensive summer!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Harrison Ford among the autographs. Relics have several different versions (but not a ton).

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Where are promos P1 to P4 ? P5 was at Philly

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

I read somewhere they will be inserted into the Star Wars insider mag, not sure which one, not sure if randomly inserted or as a full set of 4.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here's what Topps said about them on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Offic...osts/334396333354601

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:
quote:

I read somewhere they will be inserted into the Star Wars insider mag, not sure which one, not sure if randomly inserted or as a full set of 4.

I know I read somewhere they will be two in every issue, four total. But the same two will always be together. I have to assume they'll be visible so hopefully it's easy to pick the two sets you need, instead of getting a ton of the same two. Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hands down, the greatest collection of main character Star Wars autographs within a single set, and one that will be hard to match on future sets.

Luke, Leia, Han, R2, C3PO, Lando, Emperor, the Voice of Vader, and Boba Fett all in one auto set together for the first time. Peter Mayhew and David Prowse would've certainly been welcome, too, despite the many sets they've signed for. I hope they are in good health, and that's not why they're missing here.

Since it is a Luke and Vader themed set, it's heavily original Trilogy-centric autograph wise, with the exception of Bonnie Piesse and Amy Allen who were in the Prequels.

It'll be interesting to see if they can duplicate or even top this lineup for Galactic Files II. I believe that set has announced dual autographs will be issued in it, another first for Star Wars after the relic and film cards of Jedi Legacy.

Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
I received my Darth Vader Circle card in the mail today. Nice!
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post