Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    SDCC 2016 Star Trek 50 for 50 Factory Trading Card Set
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC 2016 Star Trek 50 for 50 Factory Trading Card Set
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted
Here are all the Images I could find for the Set
https://www.facebook.com/phoen...m_id=665695943597115

I have posted 2 of my favorites

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I like the montage, very good.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this info. I love these art sets, they given so much room for great talent to make a well trodden subject feel fresh. And so many different styles makes the sets like these actually interesting to look at, as all good sets should be!

'Star Trek Inception: The Cage' looks stunning, 'Phasers Set to Stunning' (featuring Mayim Bialik from Big Bang) is an unexpected and culturally well timed nod to Trek-dom, 'Revenge Is A Dish That Is Best Served Cold' is a fantastic montage, but my favourite is probably 'Space Seed' by Dave Merrell.

Have RA said if they will make these available outside of SDCC?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
yes, a limited number are available to Dealers. Release is Next Week.

I snagged a few as I'm Trek , Doctor Who & Continuum.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These are really cool. Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
these came out today

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I saw the art this set was based on while at the Vegas show this weekend. Much of the artwork is great, a couple are kinda creepy. They sold posters of the art but I'm so tickled to have a chance to own card versions! I'll be posting the images to my website of all the cards tomorrow.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
I saw the art this set was based on while at the Vegas show this weekend. Much of the artwork is great, a couple are kinda creepy. They sold posters of the art but I'm so tickled to have a chance to own card versions! I'll be posting the images to my website of all the cards tomorrow.

Haven't opened the set....are any of the Photo images In the Set?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:

Thanks, I wasn't sure if the Photo images were included....they are! Like the Mattel Nimoy w/ car.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
50 Years of Star Trek - History Channel Tonight @ 8p.m.

The special celebrates the phenomenon that is the Star Trek franchise from its origins as a primetime television series to the worldwide blockbuster it's become. Featuring actors and creators from all series and feature films from the original to Star Trek: Beyond, including Leonard Nimoy's final full interview. For both the trekkie and novice, 50 Years of Star Trek gives an insider's look at the highs and lows of participating in the franchise, including what it's like to wear that Klingon make-up. Cast, crew, and notable fans share their perspective on the legacy of Gene Roddenberry's groundbreaking vision of the future, and its impact on American history. Unique in audience culture, Star Trek fans are the first with their own name--Trekkies--who have spawned a cult following that has turned actors into icons of their generations while evolving Trek's bold look at humanity across the last half-century and beyond.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
50 Years of Star Trek - History Channel Tonight @ 8p.m.

The special celebrates the phenomenon that is the Star Trek franchise from its origins as a primetime television series to the worldwide blockbuster it's become. Featuring actors and creators from all series and feature films from the original to Star Trek: Beyond, including Leonard Nimoy's final full interview. For both the trekkie and novice, 50 Years of Star Trek gives an insider's look at the highs and lows of participating in the franchise, including what it's like to wear that Klingon make-up. Cast, crew, and notable fans share their perspective on the legacy of Gene Roddenberry's groundbreaking vision of the future, and its impact on American history. Unique in audience culture, Star Trek fans are the first with their own name--Trekkies--who have spawned a cult following that has turned actors into icons of their generations while evolving Trek's bold look at humanity across the last half-century and beyond.

Thanks for the heads-up! Set to record. Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post