Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Horrors of War - Famous Fabrics
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horrors of War - Famous Fabrics
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Famous Fabrics has put up a checklist of the cut signature cards in its soon-to-be-released Horrors of War series. Click on the link below for an extensive list.

Famous Fabrics Ink – Horrors of War

Now, I'm not a history buff but there were less than 35 names I recognized in this set or about 2% of the total autos.

I applaud them for posting the list, but i sure reinforces my decision not to venture into this set.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was a bit puzzled by the reference to the Great French War but eventually after some research I came to the conclusion that it probably means the french Revolution. The list of names should please the Sports, Film, History and Political buffs as well as the Miltary buffs. Like Ed it does little to make me want to obtain any cards.

Posts: 2116 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hate to pile on, but Dr. Price posted that he welcomed questions about this product way back in this thread. So I asked some questions, and he was never heard from again. Big Grin

Not the best way to try to promote a very high end investment. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now that years have passed, what did anyone hear about how well this set sold and what people were pulling? I didn't know about it until I saw ads in "The Wrapper" a few years ago from a collector looking for specific cards and willing to be generous with trade material. At least one person still wanted those cards after all the hub-bub.

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It's fun to look at these old posts years later because it shows how much the hobby has both changed and also stayed the same over time. Back then everyone was amazed at the idea of a $180 non-sport box with only one cut signature card in it.

I don't know how well any single cut from this product has done. There were 1600 cuts in total and I would think almost all have been opened by now, just with the discounting alone. On ebay now you can find several of the cuts for sale and the average is well under $100 for mostly unknown signers. This is exactly what you would expect from such a limited product that isn't going to have an abundance of, please pardon the example here, Hitler autographs. Perhaps not even one, how would anyone know?

From time to time these more unique and often controversial products appear and there is a short term bump in interest. Then it dies partially because its a gimmick and especially if its very limited with many 1/1s.

1/1 cards in any product can't be tracked well because they barely show up. Some are never reported as pulled or ever seen. There is currently an on-going conspiracy theory that the Stellar Ford 1/1 autograph cards were never packed out because not all years have been seen. Well why should they be reported if they are buried in someone's collection? Not every buyer wants to shout it from the rooftops and make announcements, but this is what happens with ultra limited cards. There isn't enough activity to track them even years later.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post