Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Horrors of War - Famous Fabrics
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horrors of War - Famous Fabrics
 Login/Join

posted
40 cases x 40 packs

48 base cards (1 per pack, and the remaining 8 as case toppers.)

1 cut auto per pack

Cut signature autos of Hitler, Mussolini, Churchill, Patton, MacArthur, Hussein, etc.

Horrors of War

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nicnac,

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
40 cases x 40 packs

1 auto per pack?

Cut signature autos of Hitler, Mussolini, Churchill, Patton, MacArthur, Hussein, etc.

Horrors of War

Interesting...

But who is Famous Fabrics and who are their distributors and dealers?

1 base card and 1 cut sig per box is well and good, but what is the price point?

How were the sigs authenticated is another big question. Some of those on the list are pretty well known for forgeries.

So many questions...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We've covered a bit about Famous Fabrics in Non-Sport Update and will have some further information, including news on their Horrors of War release, in the upcoming issue.

By the way, Famous Fabrics has a list of their dealers and distributors on their website.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
We've covered a bit about Famous Fabrics in Non-Sport Update and will have some further information, including news on their Horrors of War release, in the upcoming issue.

By the way, Famous Fabrics has a list of their dealers and distributors on their website.

Having just found their site by googling it I was not that impressed as it did not really tell me much. I did however find out more by using the links they provided for collectors.

Posts: 2116 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
I created the art for the base cards.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the Dr. Price in the blog post the same Dr. Price behind Sportkings and the upcoming Canadiana release? Probably. . .

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Is the Dr. Price in the blog post the same Dr. Price behind Sportkings and the upcoming Canadiana release? Probably. . .

Jon

Yes he is. I cannot vouch for him personally as I have never purchased any of his product but he seems highly respected for the Sportskings releases. Their most recent release was Famous Fabrics Hockey.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, saw that on another board. . .

Some people love him, some hate him, but he seems to put out a solid product. Curious to the price on this product -- as is everyone else.

I'll be at the National this year, so that could be interesting!

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
He also does Ringside Boxing and In The Game

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
He also does Ringside Boxing and In The Game

Good call. Thanks for the info.

posted Hide Post
Here is some updated info from Dr. Price:

1. There is one autograph and one base card per pack;

2. There are 1,600 packs (so 1,600 1/1 autographs and 1600 base cards);

3. Many of the autographs are from WWII;

4. A complete checklist of autographs will be available prior to release date;

Hope this helps.

Brian Price

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
verrrrrry inretesting

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nicnac:
1600 base cards

That's only 33 base sets.

posted Hide Post
It will be 40 base sets. 40 common??? cards in the packs, the other 8 are case toppers. The only prices I could find were from sports - the cheapest $60 up to $80. There are 3 other non-sport sets planned - Presidents, TV, & Movies all one auto per pack.

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lag30240:
It will be 40 base sets. 40 common??? cards in the packs, the other 8 are case toppers. The only prices I could find were from sports - the cheapest $60 up to $80.

Correct, 48 base cards, 40 in a case (1 per pack, 40 packs per case), and the remaining 8 as case toppers.

As far as price, I have no clue. How does one price a pack with an auto that might be someone we have never heard of, or might be Hitler, and a single base card?

posted Hide Post
more autographs, Pershing, Goebbels, and MacArthur:
http://prezsez.wordpress.com/2...horrors-of-war-info/

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
As far as price, I have no clue. How does one price a pack with an auto that might be someone we have never heard of, or might be Hitler, and a single base card?

I've been trying to get a price from one of my suppliers that Famous Fabrics lists as one of their distributors. But after two weeks of asking I'm ready to give up. Someone either does not want to sell many of these, or they went so fast to other distributors that there aren't any left. 1600 is not a lot of packs.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
I've been trying to get a price from one of my suppliers that Famous Fabrics lists as one of their distributors. But after two weeks of asking I'm ready to give up. Someone either does not want to sell many of these, or they went so fast to other distributors that there aren't any left. 1600 is not a lot of packs.

Ed

Well, I am so far out of the loop on dealers and card stores I wouldn't even know they were on pre-sale yet. Let me try to find out when/how much...

Anyway, I have updated the top post to include some pictures including those of the Mussolini and Pershing cut autos.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nicnac,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
But after two weeks of asking I'm ready to give up. Someone either does not want to sell many of these, or they went so fast to other distributors that there aren't any left. 1600 is not a lot of packs.

Ed

Okay, it seems we really jumped the gun on this release as the price hasn't been set yet. I will try to find out when we will have a price, or post it when available.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Finally have my information... Bouncey

I'm being told "August" for a release date.

Now, sit down before continuing...

Best I can tell the "Suggested Retail" price is $199.00 a pack. Eek

I'd say it wouldn't be too hard to find a Friendly Dealer with a price around $163.00. Or $6320.00 for a case. Dance

I don't see many of these base sets being made. I'm honestly not sure who the target market is. Auto collectors? Why bother with the base set then?

I just can't see paying that kind of money for an auto of some brave, yet unknown soldier from WWII.

You won't see this one sitting on store shelves. You're going to have to pre-order or search it down.

Ed

- As an aside that's not worth a new thread. The Hooray for Hollywood set by Famous Fabrics has the same cost but is 2000 packs with a release date of "June"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scifi Cards,