Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Orphan Black
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just announced:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Via cardboardconnection...

The consensus seemed to be that Tatiana was just signing her first name, but I just got her in person in San Diego and it seems more like she is doing T-A-M. Still not a full name, but more of her name than we thought Smile

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
See this type of autograph is something I hate and I don't mean just because it's shorten. I mean it lacks consistency. She is doing different versions of it in different places.

I assume you paid for that in-person signature. To my mind that should then be the best autograph she is capable of doing. Yet it varies a lot from the signatures on the Orphan Black cards, which were also paid autographs commissioned by CZE.

So the problem becomes, what is her authentic signature supposed to look like? The more versions you introduce that are genuine, the easier it becomes for people to circulate fakes because almost any kind of chicken scratch they produce can bear some resemblance to some version of an authentic chicken scratch autograph. Shake Head

Celebrities claim that they are trying to protect their money signature, yet by handing out garbage autographs they are doing exactly the opposite. Given the time, a good forger could make a passable copy of anybody's autograph I'm sure, but when a signature has no consistent form, you don't need to have any talent to fake it. No one can tell the difference between real and fake because it all looks different. Real compared to real looks different, so you can only rely on someone else's certification. Your lying eyes can never be sure. Wink

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's strange that Dylan Bruce (as Paul) hasn't been announced as a signer considering they already got him to sign for the last Arrow set.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
With no movement for quite a while I figured the list of signers was pretty much final but apparently not...

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bumped back to quarter 4.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cherryade82
posted Hide Post
I have pretty much given up on this set,such a shame. Wish they would just release a full series set seeing as there is only one more season left.

Posts: 35 | Location: Glasgow | Registered: January 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to this set but I have to admit, I'm a bit worried about the Season 2 and 3 sets. It may have been counting their chickens a bit to plan so far ahead when it took them so long to get this set going. By the time this set is released it will probably be only 2 or 3 months from the start of the final season. So yeah, maybe they should've just done one or two all-encompassing sets that cover the entire series. And it would not surprise me if one or both of the Season 2 and 3 sets never end up seeing the light of day.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Given that each of the signers signed a (virtually identical) card for all three seasons at the same time, I imagine the seasons 2 and 3 sets will come out quite quickly.

They're probably getting back cards from people who were only in seasons 2 and/or 3 at the same time as they've been getting the season 1 cards too.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
You can add two more Tatiana Maslany autographs to the Season 1 checklist in the form of case incentives: http://www.beckett.com/news/20...ncentive-autographs/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
if I am correct
we have not seen any Cosima or Alison variants yet

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
if I am correct
we have not seen any Cosima or Alison variants yet

Cosima has been shown, but no Alison as of yet.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
oh wow had not seen that one yet
thanks
wich one will you guys be going for?

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
oh wow had not seen that one yet
thanks
wich one will you guys be going for?

I'm going to try for all of them. Angel But if I had to choose one it would be either Sarah or Cosima.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
You can add two more Tatiana Maslany autographs to the Season 1 checklist in the form of case incentives: http://www.beckett.com/news/20...ncentive-autographs/

Hmm, this card design actually looks better with those passport/ID photos than it does with the screengrabs. That's disappointing.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I would have been intrested in a full set of autos for the clones, that was until i saw the autograph. How Tatiana Maslany equates to what is on that card is beyond me.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I used to feel that she was doing Tati. Than I began to think it was just Tam, and finally just Tm.

She won the Emmy for Best Actress in a drama series for Orphan Black last night. Pick these up while you can, she'll be down to T now. Big Grin

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
She won the Emmy for Best Actress in a drama series for Orphan Black last night. Pick these up while you can, she'll be down to T now. Big Grin

Brilliant Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Why no Alison? I would have preferred an Alison over Beth seeing as we didn't really get to know Beth at all until season 4. Having the 4 main clones for season 1 would have been great and then they could have saved Beth for later, as well as Rachel.

Haven't bought any cards for ages, but I love this show, so will definitely be picking up autos for Sarah, Helena, Beth and Cosima. Also probably pick up Felix, Donnie, Art and Delphine.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post