Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Orphan Black
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well done - superb idea, well thought out

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Inscriptions from Tatiana based on the character shown on the autograph card, ala the "Ron Swanson-isms" provided by Nick Offerman for the "Parks and Recreation" set would be the dream. Helena's would be a riot, but some of Alison's would be very funny, too.

One or two word inscriptions from Jordan Gavaris on his autographs in the style of "Fee" in would also make fantastic collectibles.

Sketch cards by Cat Staggs (who has been painting variant covers for the IDW comic series) would be absolutely nuts. A small series of a one-of-kind for each one of the clones by Staggs would rise to the level of the rare Cryptozoic redemption item, usually for oversized stuff, but appropriate on something like that, especially if they were "sketchagraphs" that were also signed by Maslany.

I'm hoping to be dazzled, but I'd be getting a box of this even if it was only base and normal chase cards. I like the show, but I adore Tatiana Maslany. I hope she ends up in one (or more) of these upcoming Star Wars movies.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping Cryptozoic gets Tatiana to sign as all 5 of her main characters for this set - say 50 signed for each. That would add greatly to their collectability and value I think (not that her autograph will need much help in those areas, but still). And I for one would be chasing down all of them. Cool Please make it happen. Angel

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Definitely looking forward to how the autos for this set pan out.

Won't be buying a box, but will definitely be tracking down the autos.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm still anxiously awaiting more news on the Season 1 set but meanwhile Beckett already has preliminary details of the Season 2 set:

http://www.beckett.com/news/20...phan-black-season-2/

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cherryade82
posted Hide Post
Feel like I will be pretty disappointed in this set, still no news at all about it. Already advertising season two feels so rushed, just trying to make a quick buck on this set. Could of been such an amazing set to, shame someone better didn't pick it up Shake Head

Posts: 35 | Location: Glasgow | Registered: January 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I'd rather have them talking about season 2 already instead of getting as far behind as they have on Arrow and Walking Dead. Delays have killed those sets.

I see it as possibly a positive thing.

But yes, I would love to see some more information on Season 1.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It would be nice if some of these releases would coincide with the new seasons starting on TV. I think that would help some of these TV show based sets immensely and yet it hardly ever seems to happen. Outlander in particular was announced a year and a half ago in October 2014 (plenty of time now, I'd say). That's the type of set that would really benefit from being released while the new season is airing. And here we are into the second season and nothing. Shake Head

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
It would be nice if some of these releases would coincide with the new seasons starting on TV. :

The only product I can think of that has kind of kept up is RA's Game of Thrones. They are of course a season back, but the set release is usually around the start of the new TV season. Walking dead has a split, two set per season release.

But there is a problem with these marginal TV titles, and I'm talking about stuff like Orphan Black, Continuum, Outlander, Arrested Development, Arrow, Vampire Diaries, Penny Dreadful, and Bates Motel, among others. They do not have large audiences. They have good numbers for the small markets they are in, but being a big fish in a small pond does not make you a big fish. Then that audience has to translate to people who care about buying cards, because only show fans are likely to buy these cards.

I love autograph cards and I love trading cards, but when it comes to TV or movie titles I don't buy for titles I don't watch. For one thing I don't know most of the actors, sometimes not even the stars, so why would I need their autographs?

I think card companies pick up these licenses and then get cold feet because they have no confidence in the title, pick up a better title, or realize that they are not getting enough resources to make the kind of set that will sell. So some are just dropped, or postponed until no one cares, or if it has gone too far we get some truncated version of what was supposed to be.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
It would be nice if some of these releases would coincide with the new seasons starting on TV

The new series won't be on TV. The BBC sold it to Netflix.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
It would be nice if some of these releases would coincide with the new seasons starting on TV

The new series won't be on TV. The BBC sold it to Netflix.

Well that's another show I won't be watching anymore then Frown .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Hmm, Season 3 premiered on iPlayer and was aired at some truly moronic time on BBC Three anyway, wasn't it? Like 2am on a Sunday morning? Honestly think it will have better exposure to a UK audience on Netflix, and uploaded the day after the US airdate to boot.

EDIT: Is this a spoiler? I think they've promoted it enough. But just in case, highlight:
I always wanted to see more of Beth in some flashback so that last episode was very satisfying for me. Renewed interest for this set as well, since it was in tune with Season 1!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
Hmm, Season 3 premiered on iPlayer and was aired at some truly moronic time on BBC Three anyway, wasn't it?

Yep, which was fine by me because I record everything anyway and there's little danger of recording anything else at that time.

Picture of Cherryade82
posted Hide Post
The first sign of an auto card ...

Not seen any other info other then it's been put back till end of July

Posts: 35 | Location: Glasgow | Registered: January 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oooh intresting, thanks for that. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cherryade82
posted Hide Post
Hopefully we see some more, waiting for more info until I consider buying a box

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From Cryptozoic's site:

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And I just spotted this image on Blowout:

So the next question is, did she only sign for these two different characters in the Season 1 set or are there still more to come?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Tatiana Maslany has multiple autographs in the Season 1 set. Cryptozoic sent over an exclusive first look on the Cosima autograph: http://www.beckett.com/news/20...utographs-checklist/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This business of people being asked to sign their names and instead just scribbling their initials is really bugging me. Shake Head

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post