Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Orphan Black
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sounds like I'm in the minority... I'm quite looking forward to this.
Can't be any worse that the sham of a "set" that Rittenhouse released for Buffy.

I'll give this company a chance. I've never brought any of their products yet.

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
Sounds like I'm in the minority... I'm quite looking forward to this.

Well, I'll disagree with you there. I think my opinion is in the minority Smile because it seems to me like alot of people are looking forward to this release.

quote:
Can't be any worse that the sham of a "set" that Rittenhouse released for Buffy. I'll give this company a chance. I've never brought any of their products yet.

I will agree with you here though, that was and is a huge disappointment that went beyond what anyone expected, even Rittenhouse I imagine.

Well I see it as I would have collected this set if it was by someone else, primarily because if they are going to release more than one set (such as a set for each season) as I imagine they will.
I would prefer them to match and go together cohesively like all the Bond, Star Trek, Game of Thrones and pretty much every seasonal set Inkworks did for a TV show. Yes I understand there were multiple designs for those first three I listed but they have reused those designs throughout multiple different releases for those licenses, which I really like.

The reason I like this format is because even though I may not be able to afford every single card for each set, I can pick and chose which I like between seasons/releases and still have what I own feel like one big set rather than a mish mash of cards from the same license but different seasons. That's my ocd coming out Wink

Cryptozoic, from what I have seen and collected, have a different design for each season of the same license, which I don't like and has put me off collecting any more of the Vampire Diaries and completely put me off starting any new release by them.

If they were to perhaps do similar designs for each season of the same license, like what they have done with the Hobbit sets, I would be all over them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

The reason I like this format is because even though I may not be able to afford every single card for each set, I can pick and chose which I like between seasons/releases and still have what I own feel like one big set rather than a mish mash of cards from the same license but different seasons.

That's a good point, although it doesn't bother me because with the exception of GOT (RA), I don't collect for the title's sake.

I have a problem getting value out of their boxes when there is only one autograph hit, one swatch card, and sometimes a short list of signers. I think they have been trying to expand the number of signers in more recent product. Unfortunately they got burned on a couple of titles when the main actors could not be included.

The constant delay on release dates is CZE's own fault as far as I'm concerned. They are coming on some of these titles very late in the day to begin with, and then the cards take another year or more to show up. That's just silly. By that time some of these shows, especially the marginal titles, have cooled off or are even cancelled.

I'm sure CZE has figured out some stuff has gone wrong, and they seem to keep changing personnel, but there doesn't seem to be any change in policy. Now they are about to close the E Store to retail business. I don't see how that helps with collectors.

Not too sound too negative on them, SOA, Castle and Psyche are favorite titles of mine and I thought they were as well done as they could be given that not all cast members were available.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
The Arrow set ended up being pretty well done and there was the possibility of pulling more than one autograph- (I know someone that pulled three from one box- two SPs-Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey and John Barrowman) and in some cases more than one costume in the boxes. I think they are trying their best and I will support the DC TV properties for sure. I will say I don't like the idea of short prints either but sometimes I bet that was probably all they could get.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
The Arrow set ended up being pretty well done and there was the possibility of pulling more than one autograph- (I know someone that pulled three from one box- two SPs-Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey and John Barrowman) and in some cases more than one costume in the boxes. I think they are trying their best and I will support the DC TV properties for sure. I will say I don't like the idea of short prints either but sometimes I bet that was probably all they could get.

Val

Well that's interesting because I bought one box of Arrow and got one common autograph and one costume card. I wasn't expecting more. It does have a much more extensive signer list and a couple of short prints with good prices, even though the actor who plays the main character was MIA.

If boxes had extra hits that might mean that the production number got slashed down. In any event I like Arrow even less now. Why should one box have 4 or 5 hits and another have only 2? You can't complain about the 2 because that is what is guaranteed, but saying someone else got double your number hits for the same money is not going to create happy feelings. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
The threefer was an isolated case, but i did pull two autographs out of one box myself. my point was i think they are moving slowly away from the one auto and costume per box.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of the best things about Cryptozoic is the fact that all cards in all sets are pack-inserted. For as much as I love Rittenhouse, they certainly can't say the same. But Rittenhouse usually offers multiple autographs per box, whereas Cryptozoic doesn't - so that adds more value Rittenhouse's way. Does it add enough value to negate the fact that some of the best cards in any Rittenhouse release are usually case incentives or archive box exclusives? That's hard to say. I probably would've preferred Rittenhouse, but I'm fine with Cryptozoic getting this license.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I think the problem with Cryptozoic is that their major autographs are TOO rare. Enough so that when you buy a $80 - $90 dollar box, 9 times out of ten you end up getting $25 worth of cards. I find it's just better to snag the big autographs from dealers or on 'that site'. Of course, that's true for Rittenhouse, but I think it happens a little less often. Maybe I've just been luckier with Rittenhouse boxes.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
It's not so much luck with RA vs. crypto.

As was mentioned earlier, one big advantage of a Rittenhouse release is the standard of two (or more) autographs per box, so you've got a better chance of getting something you like between the two.

I've gotten a pair of low-level, but decent autographs, along with the regular inserts and guaranteed base set from a Rittenhouse box plenty of times and been perfectly happy with it, especially at only $60 which is still the average price for most Rittenhouse releases.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Product page is now up.

Packs: 5 Cards per pack, 24 packs per box

Base Set: 72 cards feature episodic images from the premier season

Chase Sets: Character Bios (TBD), Quotes (TBD), Felix's Loft, Comic Covers (TBD)

Inserts: Autograph cards (1:24); Wardrobe cards (TBD); Printing Plates (TBD)

Binder: 1" binder contains an exclusive card: replica Dyad Institute swipe key

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Really looking forward to this set. Thumb Up

That, however, is the worst binder i think i have ever seen. Shake Head

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is, it really is.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As an individual with a strong science background, I think that its quite nice! Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:

It is, it really is.

We are hopeful that Cosima fans will enjoy it.

Posts: 69 | Location: CA | Registered: October 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thats even more awesome! Smile

posted Hide Post
I like the binder. It's unusual and captures the essential essence of the show.

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cosima fans will enjoy it.

Cosima fans will greatly enjoy it, and just about everyone loves Cosima.
Well done!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Not to be contrarian, but I love the binder too. I have stopped buying binders other than Game of Thrones, but this one is tempting. Can't wait to see the autograph design!

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
So, just me then. Big Grin

That is a good idea though, using the laptop design as the binder.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cherryade82
posted Hide Post
I like the binder it's pretty cool. I'll be getting this set as a massive Orphan Black fan

Posts: 35 | Location: Glasgow | Registered: January 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post