Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Orphan Black
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Via cardboardconnection...

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
This business of people being asked to sign their names and instead just scribbling their initials is really bugging me. Shake Head

Yeah, it definitely looks like she only signed her first name on the cards. Here's her signature on a poster pre-Orphan Black:

It is a bit disappointing but I'm just glad she signed at all and for all her different characters also. Shortening of one's signature over time due to increased celebrity status and/or being asked to sign your name so many times seems to be par for the course these days I'm afraid.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally.

Can't say I like the card design very much at all with the tiny photos and such, but at least this is still happening.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Big Grin I've been waiting for more info on this one. Not generally sold on the photo choices for the clones but the design is nice and it's fun to see Tatiana has signed for her various characters!

Skyler Wexler/Kira has also tweeted photos of her cards and it looks like she's signed three different card designs in her photos: https://twitter.com/s_wexler/s...s/740161385284407297

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many cards Tatiana signed for each character. I'm thinking 50 each at most, though it wouldn't surprise me if it was closer to 25.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I wonder how many cards Tatiana signed for each character. I'm thinking 50 each at most, though it wouldn't surprise me if it was closer to 25.

She is incredibly hard to get, I would be surprised if it was more than that for sure. I know what I am willing to pay for the Cosima card, and I hope she signed enough at least that I don't end up spending more than that...

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would like to know why she's signed "John" though...

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
I would like to know why she's signed "John" though...

Big Grin Good one!

I think it's a "T a t i", without crossing any t or dotting the i.

Yeah, could be initials too, although I'm just not seeing it well. I like Tati better. Big Grin

Just the kind of autograph you really want to spend big money on. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of yorkbag
posted Hide Post
Can't we all be happy that Tat signed? Geesh. I guess card manufacturers are darned if they do or not. So weird to hear the complaints about her signature and/or graphics on the card. Either way, an actor/actress is not (in their right financial mind) going to sign an autograph as would be their TRUE signature.

Posts: 33 | Location: SoFla | Registered: December 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of yorkbag
posted Hide Post
I would like to thank Tatiana for taking the time to sign the cards including her characters. I am thankful to her and CZE. No complaints here. Looking very forward to the release. Thank you, thank you Smile

Posts: 33 | Location: SoFla | Registered: December 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cherryade82
posted Hide Post
I am glad Tatiana signed also love Kristian signing. Looking forward to this set now I've seen more autos

Posts: 35 | Location: Glasgow | Registered: January 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yorkbag:
Can't we all be happy that Tat signed? Geesh. I guess card manufacturers are darned if they do or not. So weird to hear the complaints about her signature and/or graphics on the card. Either way, an actor/actress is not (in their right financial mind) going to sign an autograph as would be their TRUE signature.

Not weird at all, happens every time we get these truncated, sloppy signatures, but it especially hurts when it's a star signature that people want. Sure you can say I'm just happy you bothered to give me a scribble. But then what do you say to a celebrity, big or small, who takes the time to give the fans a legible, complete autograph? Don't they deserve extra credit for actually caring about how they sign and that their autograph can be displayed and read? I sure think so. All autographs are not of equal quality and anyone who cares about being called out on it is probably not signing with initials or scribbles. Take a look at the terrific Twilight Zone autograph cards for what old-timers do.

As for a true autograph, if you are talking about a free autograph handed out on the street or a casual fan encounter, absolutely right. A celebrity has the right to scribble anything, it's free and you are bothering them. However if you are saying that a true autograph, or what used to be called the "money signature", should not be expected on a certified card paid for by the manufacturer or at a paid in-person signing, I totally disagree. It is financial, they are receiving a fee. If they are protecting their "real" autograph, that is what they are protecting it for, when they are being paid.

So the argument that someone owes you nothing more than initials on a certified card, when their real autograph is way better than that, doesn't really fly. It makes it worse. They can sign better, they won't and they are being paid for it. If that's the case, they have to own the criticism for it and we should congratulate the celebrities who take the time to do it right.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Kristian Bruun tweeted this photo.

https://twitter.com/TheBruun/s...s/740313920209051648

Really want that season 2 inscription! Big Grin
Also a clear look at the Season 3 card design.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cherryade82
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
Kristian Bruun tweeted this photo.

https://twitter.com/TheBruun/s...s/740313920209051648

Really want that season 2 inscription! Big Grin
Also a clear look at the Season 3 card design.

Love Kristian, he seems like such a awesome guy Dance

Posts: 35 | Location: Glasgow | Registered: January 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
The Hendrix's are great - love the crazy goofiness they add to the show!

Also another signer (for the Season 3 set) revealed via Twitter; Kathryn Alexandre! She says in another tweet that she signed 136.

https://twitter.com/KathrynAle...s/741281125859889153

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yorkbag:

How's that weird? When I spend money on a product (which is what this is, it's a company selling us a product, they're not doing us a favour out of the goodness of their heart), I want it to be good quality. If you like the card design, great. If you're happy with a lazy signature because having the signature in your collection at all is enough (I have some like that myself), then also great. Personally, I don't like the design, and I don't think the signers of the cards which will cost the most money have done a good job, so I won't be buying it.

Sure most people are going to have an "autograph" and a "signature", they'd be mad not to, but there are a ton of great autographs out there and there is absolutely no reason for an autograph to be an illegible scrawl besides straight up laziness (medical conditions excepted).

We shouldn't just be grateful that a card company have made something for us to buy. Card collectors should have higher standards than that. It should be a good product as well. If Ford made a terrible car, we wouldn't all sit at home watching the commercial saying "well at least we can be grateful they made this car for us". Same principal should apply here.

The season 3 ones look nicer. Larger, clearer photos are a must on auto cards. Maybe if the signer line-up on that one is good I'll start there. Definitely not the season one set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was just announced yesterday that Orphan Black has been renewed for it's fifth and final season. A year or two ago the co-creators said they needed 5 seasons to finish this story, so I'm glad the show is going out on it's own terms. It's now time for Cryptozoic to get moving on releasing these sets while the interest is still there.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
It's now time for Cryptozoic to get moving on releasing these sets while the interest is still there.

They could release 2 - 3 and 4 - 5 together and knock it all off in just two more sets. That seems to be one of their trends.

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic's updated their product page. New signers up!

Jordan Gavaris - Felix
Evelyne Brochu - Delphine
Skyler Wexler - Kira
Nicholas Rose - Colin
Eric Johnson - Chad Norris

Great update - glad to see Delphine in particular!
Has an Alison variant of Tatiana's autograph turned up anywhere yet?

EDIT:
Also Josh Vokey (Scott) has signed for Season 2 and 3:

https://twitter.com/joshvokey/...s/732638757430558720

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
When I heard they were making this, I was worried because Tatiana is an awful signer but they have really nailed it. I might buy a box even though I plan on buying the Tatiana/Cosima autograph separately.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post