Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rittenhouse gets Valiant!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse gets Valiant!
 Login/Join

Picture of cmcdjj37
posted
I just saw on Rittenhouse's facebook page that yesterday they announced they had signed a deal to produce the official Valiant Comic Trading Cards!

I'm extremely excited about this. I loved all the old sets and I'm really liking the new Valiant comics. Can't wait to see how these turn out.

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Looks like lots of comic cards coming next year!

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
I didn't know there were new Valiant comics. I may have to check those out.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
I didn't know there were new Valiant comics. I may have to check those out.

So far they have X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Bloodshot, Harbinger and Shadowman. They've done a great job of releasing them slowly and introducing characters throughout (ninjak in X-O and Eternal Warrior in Archer & Armstrong)

They don't have the license to the Gold Key characters anymore so no Solar, Turok or Magnus. But if you like those guys Dark Horse recently put out some comics with them.

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I think I finally found my next set!

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The new Valiant Comics seem to be doing well, but the recent Dark Horse Comics revivals of Magnus, Turok, and Solar flopped. Only a few issues of each of the 3 titles came out over the course of a year, with little fanfare. This was back in 2010 to early 2011, I believe. The books were quietly cancelled, I guess due to low sales.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Valiant was the reason I got into collecting back in the 90's. It was a hot property with sky rocketing prices. True to my luck, after purchasing all the back issues the market fell apart and issues could be found in the dollar boxes. Similar to what I seeing in Walking Dead just waiting for the market to drop.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The Dark Horse Solar: Man of the Atom was good: Good art and good story. I think people were just too unsure to try it after the Valiant run which is a shame. Since I didn't read Magnus or Turok, I can't comment on those, but I was a little sad to see the line not catch on.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I haven't picked up any of the new Valiant books (although I have been tempted to try Harbinger) because, honestly, a work-for-hire superhero universe could not sound less interesting to me. That said, comic art sets seem to be pretty popular these days, and I hope that this is a success for Rittenhouse.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
I haven't picked up any of the new Valiant books (although I have been tempted to try Harbinger) because, honestly, a work-for-hire superhero universe could not sound less interesting to me. That said, comic art sets seem to be pretty popular these days, and I hope that this is a success for Rittenhouse.

Harbinger has been the best of the books they've been putting out. Plus they have Harbinger Wars coming out next year, should be fun. Archer & Armstrong has also been a fun read, if you're looking for another Valiant title to try.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
The new Valiant Comics seem to be doing well, but the recent Dark Horse Comics revivals of Magnus, Turok, and Solar flopped. Only a few issues of each of the 3 titles came out over the course of a year, with little fanfare. This was back in 2010 to early 2011, I believe. The books were quietly cancelled, I guess due to low sales.

I wonder if they will be able to produce cards of any of the other books or just the ones that have been released in the re-launch from Valiant.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
I'm going to guess that turok, solar and magus are off the table. But from what I understand they do have the rights to all the old published valiant stuff. They've actually been releasing the old stuff. I do believe it was a very lengthy process for them to acquire the rights for valiant.