Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Marvel Vibranium Trading Cards from Upper Deck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Vibranium Trading Cards from Upper Deck
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Yet another addition to an already swamped market for Marvel cards. This one sounds like Upper Deck's version of Chrome, so hopefully the cards are nice. Here's the info:

quote:
2015 MARVEL VIBRANIUM TRADING CARDS BOX HITS:
(1) Patch, Sketch or Comic Artist Autographed Card
(4) Subset Cards
(6-7) Parallels

2015 MARVEL VIBRANIUM TRADING CARDS PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
(1) Patch, Sketch or Comic Artist Autographed Card
Reflective Card Technology – Using the best card stock and technology to give each card a distinctive reflective shine.
90 Card Base Set – Featuring the characters of the Marvel Universe and the highlights of that character over the past year.

(5) Different Parallels – Each with different chrome design and named for the various forms of Adamantium in the Marvel universe.
Raw (1:3)
Molten #’d to 299
Refined #’d to 99
Radiance #’d to 50
Bar #’d to 5

(5) Unique Subsets – Focusing on the changing Marvel characters and Universes over the past year including the highly anticipated Secret Wars!
Rookie Heroes (1:27)
In Memoriam (1:13.5)
When Worlds Collide (1:13.5)
Universal Heroes (1:13.5)
Hero Pow-ore (1:13.5)

Original Reflective Sketch Cards – Showcasing a character hand drawn on reflective card stock. A very first for Marvel Sketch Cards
Manufactured Face Patches – Depicting primary characters in the Marvel Universe including super rare short printed characters!

First, I hope they do a promo for this set because I want to see what Reflective Card Technology looks like.

Second, UGG another manufactured card "hit." The patch cards were not a big deal at SDCC and I don't think these will be either

Third, I REALLY want to see Reflective Sketch Cards. Sound interesting, and impossible at the same time.

Lastly, the price on this one is too high for a 1 hit box. Somewhere in the $110-$120 range I'm thinking, UD does not do SRP.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Second, UGG another manufactured card "hit." The patch cards were not a big deal at SDCC and I don't think these will be either

Ed

It was bad enough with costume cards "Made from fabric used in making the outfit" but fabricated cards are WRONG WRONG WRONG. Who cares about these??

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree these are not hits they are ****! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know some people hate them, but I don't mind wardrobe cards that are just the material used in the production of costumes. Normally those are Marvel/Star Wars/Lord of the Rings cards and I'd rather the outfit just stay intact.

I don't even mind patch, medallion and film relic cards however, I hate it when they are considered 'hits' in one or two hit boxes. If they were extras or even if they were hits to increase it to 3 a box, I wouldn't mind them as much.

Posts: 5 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: August 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
I did confirm with UD that this is a chromium-style set and not foil.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The Star Wars boxes include "Authentic Medallions". Since they are all manufactured just for the cards, I'm trying to figure out what they are authentic from. Big Grin

No. Any manufactured patch, pin, medallion or badge card should not be the primary hit. It's bad enough as the secondary hit and recent products are displaying a glut of manufactured medallions, so any demand should be waning with the increasing supply.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the chromium process is applied to the sketch after it's been drawn?

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Perhaps the chromium process is applied to the sketch after it's been drawn?

Possibly, in which case it might look like an applied laminate finish. I don't know how that works out chemically or what the long term effect might be. I still shudder whenever I think of the high gloss on a Fleer Ultra card.

The other possibility is that the card stock might have some change prior to the drawing being done, like when painters work on glass windows. Probably unlikely because it might cost more than cardboard and they are not going to add an expensive process.

Hopefully the effect will not be similar to those old phantom rainbow refractors that no one could pick out unless you had a strong light and a magnifying glass. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post