Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Premium Pack edition of Classic Star Trek Movies: Heroes and Villains
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Premium Pack edition of Classic Star Trek Movies: Heroes and Villains
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know anyone besides Rittenhouse selling this at the moment? I want to buy a box, but was hoping to get a better price.

Posts: 2 | Location: CA | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Check the Retailer Advertising Forum section of Card Talk.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
For sure you can get a better price from a dealer, so keep checking! RA offers full retail pricing so as to not ocmpeote with dealers. Great choice for people with no other options, but you have options!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
For sure you can get a better price from a dealer, so keep checking! RA offers full retail pricing so as to not ocmpeote with dealers. Great choice for people with no other options, but you have options!

I usually get it from dealers on eBay. I'm just worried since it's a smaller run, it might be harder to get.

Posts: 2 | Location: CA | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
True, so a pre-order may be your best bet with a trusted dealer, so you know he'll order and have your box waiting!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This may be a dumb question but what does a premium pack look like? I've never even seen one. Do they look any different from a normal pack? I would guess the companies would want to dress them up a little or add some extra protection as far as the packaging goes since they aren't inside a sealed box.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
They would be inside a box..at least that's how the dealer will get them. It'd be up to them to then package properly for the trip to the clients.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It kind of depends on the manufacturer and the way they have chosen to assemble the product. Premium pack is misleading because recent non-sport card releases have had a couple of, for want of a better word, formats. They can be in individual boxes or they can be multiple packs displayed in boxes.

The 2011 Pop Century we've been discussing are in a fairly large box, but inside is just a cut out with the cards inserted. The Tudors were in a really small box that contained the entire set and a select number of inserts, including one autograph. Spartacus was in pack form with foil wrapping, only slightly fatter than a normal pack.

They are all considered premium product but the presentation, as with prices, will differ.

Posts: 10368 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
LOST and SPARTACUS unopened Premium Packs. What is inside them? I don't know...

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see. Thanks all. Wavey

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pic Cardaddict, I didn't really know what they looked like either Thumb Up

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Thought I'd pass along the checklist. If it formats badly, it can be found here:

http://www.jklm.net/atn/HandVcheck.htm

Heroes and Villains (54 Cards) (5 Per Pack) Sequentially-Numbered to 550 each Card Heroes Movie 1 Commander Decker Star Trek: The Motion Picture 2 V'Ger/Lt. Ilia Star Trek: The Motion Picture 3 Dr. Carol Marcus Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan 4 Khan Noonien Singh Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan 5 Lt. Saavik Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan 6 Captain Terrell Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan 7 Dr. David Marcus Star Trek III: The Search for Spock 8 Kruge Star Trek III: The Search for Spock 9 Lt. Saavik Star Trek III: The Search for Spock 10 Torg Star Trek III: The Search for Spock 11 Sarek Star Trek III: The Search for Spock 12 Maltz Star Trek III: The Search for Spock 13 Dr. Gillian Taylor Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home 14 Klingon Ambassador Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home 15 Amanda Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home 16 Space Probe Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home 17 Spock Star Trek V: The Final Frontier 18 Sybok Star Trek V: The Final Frontier 19 Dr. McCoy Star Trek V: The Final Frontier 20 God/Alien Star Trek V: The Final Frontier 21 Commander Scott Star Trek V: The Final Frontier 22 Captain Klaa Star Trek V: The Final Frontier 23 Captain James T. Kirk Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 24 Martia Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 25 Lt. Commander Uhura Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 26 Klingon Prison Commander Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 27 Lt. Commander Sulu Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 28 Azetbur Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 29 Chancellor Gorkon Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 30 General Chang Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 31 Rand Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 32 Admiral Cartwright Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 33 Lt. Chekov Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 34 Lt. Valeris Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 35 Dr. Crusher Star Trek Generations 36 Dr. Tolian Soran Star Trek Generations 37 Picard Star Trek Generations 38 Lursa Star Trek Generations 39 La Forge Star Trek Generations 40 B'Etor Star Trek Generations 41 Lily Sloane Star Trek First Contact 42 Lt. Hawk/Borg Star Trek First Contact 43 Zephram Cochrane Star Trek First Contact 44 Borg Queen Star Trek First Contact 45 Anij Star Trek Insurrection 46 Ru'afo Star Trek Insurrection 47 Worf Star Trek Insurrection 48 Gallatin Star Trek Insurrection 49 Riker Star Trek Insurrection 50 Admiral Dougherty Star Trek Insurrection 51 Data Star Trek Nemesis 52 Shinzon Star Trek Nemesis 53 Troi Star Trek Nemesis 54 Viceroy Star Trek Nemesis Tribute Cards (12 Cards) (1 Per Pack) Movie Sequentially numbered to 475 each T1 Dr. McCoy DeForest Kelley Star Trek: The Motion Picture T2 Commander Scott James Doohan Star Trek: The Motion Picture T3 Lieutenant Ilia Persis Khambatta Star Trek: The Motion Picture T4 Khan Soonien Singh Ricardo Montalban Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan T5 Dr. Carol Marcus Bebe Besch Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan T6 Dr. David Marcus Merritt Butrick Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan T7 Captain Terrell Paul Winfield Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan T8 Dame Judith Anderson Vulcan High Priestess Star Trek III: The Search for Spock T9 Sarek Mark Lenard Star Trek III: The Search for Spock T10 Amanda Jane Wyatt Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home T11 Admiral Cartwright Brock Peters Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home T12 Federation President Robert Ellenstein Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home Star Trek Die-Cut Gold Plaque Cards (14 cards) (1 Per Pack) Sequentially numbered to 425 each H1 Kirk H2 Spock H3 McCoy H4 Scotty H5 Uhura H6 Sulu H7 Chekov H8 Picard H9 Riker H10 Data H11 Troi H12 Worf H13 La Forge H14 Crusher Autograph Cards (20 Cards) A120 William Shatner Captain James T. Kirk STVI: The Undiscovered Country VL A126 Leonard Nimoy Spock STVI: The Undiscovered Country VL A119 Brent Spiner B4 Star Trek Nemesis VL A121 Christian Slater U.S.S. Excelsior Officer STVI: The Undiscovered Country L A107 Donna Murphy Anij Star Trek: Insurrection L A113 Anthony Zerbe Admiral Dougherty Star Trek: Insurrection VL A111 Patti Yasutake Nurse Alyssa Ogawa Star Trek Generations VL A114 John Hostetter Boolian Officer Star Trek: Insurrection A116 Allan Miller Alien STIII: The Search For Spock A117 Robert Hooks Admiral Morrow STIII: The Search For Spock A118 Scott De Venney Bob Briggs STIV: The Voyage Home A123 Michael Owen Lt. Branson Star Trek Nemesis A124 Joseph Ruskin Son'a Officer Star Trek: Insurrection EL A115 Hilary Hayes Ruby Star Trek: First Contact A128 Vijay Amritraj Captain Randolph Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home A129 Conroy Gedeon Civilian Agent STIII: The Search For Spock A130 John Putch Journalist Star Trek Generations A131 D. Elliot Woods Starfleet Officer Star Trek: Insurrection A125 Jonathan Simpson Young Sarek Star Trek V: The Final Frontier A127 David Orange Sleepy Klingon STVI: The Undiscovered Country L Bridge Crew Patch Cards/Box Toppers (2) Sequentially numbered to 250 each PC10 Decker Star Trek: The Motion Picture PC11 Ilia Star Trek: The Motion Picture Multi-Box Incentive Autograph Card (1 for every 4 boxes purchased) A122 Nichelle Nichols Uhura Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home EL

posted Hide Post
Looking at the autograph distribution posted by STCardGeek I'm a bit worried my box will not have all the autos except a Nemoy/Satner. In prior premium pack offerings I got nearly a 99% master set. Is this set different? Will I be chaseing down a fair number of missing autos. Am I missing something?

Posts: 146 | Location: San Diego | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CardFan:
Looking at the autograph distribution posted by STCardGeek I'm a bit worried my box will not have all the autos except a Nemoy/Satner. In prior premium pack offerings I got nearly a 99% master set. Is this set different? Will I be chaseing down a fair number of missing autos. Am I missing something?

I have a feeling that a master set minus either the Nimoy or Shatner and the Nichols will come out of one box still. The autos seem to be the main pull for this release, unlike others which had more of a traditional set layout, with base cards, inserts, autos, and costumes. In this release, the layout seems to be a flipped: the autos are going to be the main draw, and the other chase cards seem to be rarer inserts and harder sets to complete.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
12 common autos, 3 limited, 5 very limited, and 1 extremely limited (not counting the Nichols).

Joseph Ruskin is "extremely limited". Meaning less than 200 made. There are 375 boxes so he will only be in about 1/2 the boxes.

My guess is that AT BEST, you will get Master Set minus either a Shatner or Nimoy, and 50 percent chance no Joseph Ruskin either.

However, I have a suspicion it will be slightly worse. With maybe only 3 out of the 5 VL's in a box, and still a 50/50 for the Ruskin.

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ajdedo:
12 common autos, 3 limited, 5 very limited, and 1 extremely limited (not counting the Nichols).

Joseph Ruskin is "extremely limited". Meaning less than 200 made. There are 375 boxes so he will only be in about 1/2 the boxes.

My guess is that AT BEST, you will get Master Set minus either a Shatner or Nimoy, and 50 percent chance no Joseph Ruskin either.

However, I have a suspicion it will be slightly worse. With maybe only 3 out of the 5 VL's in a box, and still a 50/50 for the Ruskin.

Those odds are worse than previously mentioned. It was only supposed to the Shatner and Nimoy that was Extremely Limited (one or other in a box), these odds are going to make it much more difficult to put a run together Frown

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder what is so special about Joseph Ruskin to make his autos extremely limited? If anyone else was a harder pull, I would have thought that it would have been Spiner or Slater, not someone who plays a random villain. Is there something about Ruskin that I don't know about that makes him so special?

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there something about Ruskin that I don't know about that makes him so special?

He is almost 90 years old so I believe it's the reason. Not easy at this age I believe to sign 500 cards...

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
I always assumed that extremely and very limited cards (aside from "big" names) were just random choices made by Rittenhouse in order to made the sets more challenging.

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:
Is there something about Ruskin that I don't know about that makes him so special?

He is almost 90 years old so I believe it's the reason. Not easy at this age I believe to sign 500 cards...

His autograph is easy to find from earlier releases, so for collectors who just want his autograph, that would be the route to take to obtain one.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post