Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Red Sonja Kickstarter.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Sonja Kickstarter.
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted
Super happy to see a new Red Sonja set on Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...ry-collectible-cards

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Dealers will have this as well.

Breygent solicited the set last week, just as I was leaving for Philly.

Don't have the numbers here to see how pricing matches up. But I'm a little annoyed at all the bonus stuff Kickstarter has that I cannot offer.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great to hear Ed. . . very interesting this is being solicited and available through Kickstarter.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has 2 exclusive Cosplay photo cards.

One, you must pledge $ 65 to get, the other, a $ 175 pledge. Frown

And even MORE exclusive cards for pledges of $249 and up....

Posts: 4009 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy all,

The set looks great, I’ll probably only go for the single pack pledge at $65.

Has anyone else here pledged?

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I pledged to get that pair of Sonja promos. Last year their distribution was real spotty. This way I'm not paying ebay prices for them.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by william291077:
Howdy all,

The set looks great, I’ll probably only go for the single pack pledge at $65.

Has anyone else here pledged?

I would like to but am concerned about getting hit for customs charges on top of the postage costs.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
They've announced a stretch goal reward and I can't begin to say how underwhelming it is when you already have multiple base sets.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
They've announced a stretch goal reward and I can't begin to say how underwhelming it is when you already have multiple base sets.

The stretch goal is a single base card?

Worst stretch goal ever.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:

The stretch goal is a single base card?

Worst stretch goal ever.

It tells me that the people producing this are not at all familiar with trading cards.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I originally pledged for the two promos but have upped my pledge for a single pack.

I might change my please either to just the promos or to more packs. I just can’t decide.

The cosplay cards don’t interest me so don’t incentify me, I only bought one comic with a cosplay cover and that was because it was the only cover left of that issue in my local comic shop that wasn’t stupidly priced.

Let’s see how I feel on the last day of the Kickstater.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I haven't decided what I'm going to get. . . I'll definitely get some sketches. Unsure on unopened product. I'm curious to see what prices dealers will be offering packs at.

I'm not interested in the autographs either. . . I'm not collecting the cos play autographs, but at least it's something different than an artist autograph. The Jusko sketch is very interesting. . . I wish they had scans of the 3 possible sketches. I'm a bit surprised that 7 of 10 Linsner sketches have sold, but none of the Jusko's have sold -- mainly because I feel like Linsner has done more sketches that Jusko.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think the Linsner pledge has sold because you get 24 packs whereas the Jusko you only get six packs and it's the same price.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I think the Linsner pledge has sold because you get 24 packs whereas the Jusko you only get six packs and it's the same price.

Ahh, totally missed that. . . Makes sense now.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
This is the 4th Kickstarter I've backed. Considering the first 3 yielded sketch cards from Sam Kieth (Mars Attacks martian), Ed Repka (painted art), and Dan Brereton (full color), my two packs of Red Sonja will need to be mighty to compare favorably to those. Fingers crossed...

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post