Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    James Bond Archives 2015
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond Archives 2015
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am still wondering if this set will be as large as the Bond set from this past Oct...

No relic cards in this one ?

I know that my dealer had a tough time putting together the LALD and TND throwback sets for me

The 2014 one cost well over $ 2500

I hope not so much this time !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had completely written this set off, but seeing Wright and Amalric signing is very refreshing indeed. I thought Wright was very unlikely. Got to give credit here. Now if they could just knock the Dalton door down I would be ecstatic.

Last set was mixed. Some great cards, but seemed like a big run. I opened two cases out of three bought. The other case is still sitting down the side of my sofa if anybody in the UK fancies one!

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I was thinking just the other day that all these years later, after 500+ odd auto cards, there isn't all that much ground left to cover...

Then we get Jeffrey Wright who previously flat-out refused to sign, and the signer I am most excited to see is Mathieu Amalric. Many don't rate him as a villain but I thought he was great. Dolph Lundgren was a nice surprise too.

Fantastic pics of Cristopher Lee, Teri Hatcher and Tanya Roberts on the full bleed cards. Nice to see Roberts get another full bleed as her first one that was quite easy to get seems a bit scarce these days. GoldenEye is my favourite Bond film so I like the new Joe Don Baker full-bleed (given all the different cards he's signed makes me think we must surely be getting a Whittaker FB card at some point in the future?) and Samantha Bond who will presumably be a full-bleed. Nice vintage Bond girl in Karin Dor, again presumably in full-bleed. I had to google a lot of the remaining names but they're all faces I recognise from the films.

Interesting no mention of prop cards. Maybe a smaller release with a second planned later in the year?

I haven't seen the incentive cards mentioned:
6 cases = SILVER SIGNATURE SERIES of Britt Ekland
9 cases = AUTOGRAPH/RELIC CARD of Daniel Craig (Skyfall).
18 cases = ARCHIVE BOX (which includes an exclusive SILVER SIGNATURE SERIES autograph card of George Lazenby)

Curious to see how similar/different these silver signature cards are to the gold card of Roger Moore from the last set.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Are you sure Jeffrey Wright refused to sign? He has that closed mouth style of speaking, so perhaps he was trying to say "yes" and it just sounded like "no".

But seriously, that is a nice card of a fine actor. Rittenhouse continues to deliver the goods on this line!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read he initially refused.

Couldn't agree more on Amalric, I think he played that part really well. QOS has grown on me despite the weak script, it's just the direction I don't like. You don't need to change angle/shot every second to build momentum!

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 007bondcards:
Amalric and Wright were very nice to see and a close 3rd I thought was Dolph Lundgren,alot of repeats which is expected but these three are refreshing to see. I think it might be cheap for me this time around since I only collect 40th style and Wob style.No cases for me I think its wiser to just buy the ones I need this time around.

Yes, unless you absolutely want every card in the set (including parallel cards), and can easily off-load duplicates, you're worse off buying boxes by a long way.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goldfish:
I read he initially refused.

Couldn't agree more on Amalric, I think he played that part really well. QOS has grown on me despite the weak script, it's just the direction I don't like. You don't need to change angle/shot every second to build momentum!

"The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" is one of the most beautiful things that has ever existed. I would want Amalric's autograph for that alone, but he was also Serge X. in the "The Grand Budapest Hotel", one of my favorites from last year. I'll definitely get one of those autos.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Just noticed they've changed the '007' logo again in the bottom lower left corner of the 40th style autos. I think it looks a lot better but shame they couldn't keep it the same just for the sake of continuity.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I randomly decided to click on the Color Ad Page linked on the product page, and was surprised to see "LOOK FOR 007 RELIC CARDS"

So it looks like there will be relics! Probably a few per case like last time. I wonder why they didn't include that on the main product page?

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
I randomly decided to click on the Color Ad Page linked on the product page, and was surprised to see "LOOK FOR 007 RELIC CARDS"

So it looks like there will be relics! Probably a few per case like last time. I wonder why they didn't include that on the main product page?

UPDATE: I clicked again today and "Look for 007 relic cards" has been removed. Unless all the Full Bleeds I've been waiting for appear on the checklist, it may be better for me to buy what I want online rather than go the box/case route.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Are you sure Jeffrey Wright refused to sign? He has that closed mouth style of speaking, so perhaps he was trying to say "yes" and it just sounded like "no".

But seriously, that is a nice card of a fine actor. Rittenhouse continues to deliver the goods on this line!

According to the Rittenhouse site the Jeffrey Wright card has been delayed and will be replaced by a FB Halle Berry in this release.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
According to the Rittenhouse site the Jeffrey Wright card has been delayed and will be replaced by a FB Halle Berry in this release.

The Halle Berry FB was always supposed to be in this release. The photos of her autograph card AND the Jeffrey Wright autograph card are both shown and listed on the mocked up ad that RA has on the website. How is it now called a replacement when it was already there?

But Jeffrey Wright is an unwilling signer at best. Just Wright him off and who would notice? Wink Big Grin

Ha Ha! So now one hour later, the RA site has switched out the ad and removed the Wright card.

Trust me, the FB Berry and the 40th Style Wright were both there together.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

The Halle Berry FB was always supposed to be in this release. The photos of her autograph card AND the Jeffrey Wright autograph card are both shown and listed on the mocked up ad that RA has on the website. How is it now called a replacement when it was already there?

But Jeffrey Wright is an unwilling signer at best. Just Wright him off and who would notice? Wink Big Grin

Ha Ha! So now one hour later, the RA site has switched out the ad and removed the Wright card.

Trust me, the FB Berry and the 40th Style Wright were both there together.

Here is the original info - No Halle Berry

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by X:
Whilst it hasn't been advertised on Rittenhouse's own website a couple of places online have advertised some details on the upcoming Bond set...

- Quantum of Solace 110 card base set
- Quantum of Solace 110 card gold parallel set
- You Only Live Twice 100 card throwback set
- The Spy Who Loved Me 100 card throwback set
- GoldenEye 100 card throwback set
- GoldenEye 100 card gold parallel set
- Skyfall Expansions chase cards
- Autographs from Roger Moore, George Lazenby, Halle Berry, Maryam d'Abo and Christopher Lee! QUOTE]

Kryten 67 - I don't know which ad or sell sheet you pulled that copy from, but the RA website carried an ad with photos of both the FB Berry and the 40th Anniversary style Wright up to yesterday, when they removed the Wright from the photo and the copy print.

As you can see from X's remarks when he started this thread back in March, the Berry was already being mentioned as being in the set. That's because the photo of the mocked up card was already being shown.

It's a small point and I don't think the removal of Wright means that even one person will decide not to buy. He would be good to have, but not essential. However, the Berry should not be talked up as a replacement if the card was already in the line up with the Wright card.

And it was. RA has changed it's website ad and the sell sheet may not have had it, but it was. I saw it myself and X's comment indicates that the Berry was there even before the Wright was announced in the original product page put up by RA on April 8th.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ughh!...The Wright card was the one I was most interested in. Frown

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Halle Berry auto was just announced on their Facebook site.

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whilst it hasn't been advertised on Rittenhouse's own website a couple of places online have advertised some details on the upcoming Bond set...

- Autographs from Roger Moore, George Lazenby, Halle Berry, Maryam d'Abo and Christopher Lee! QUOTE]

Kryten 67 - I don't know which ad or sell sheet you pulled that copy from, but the RA website carried an ad with photos of both the FB Berry and the 40th Anniversary style Wright up to yesterday, when they removed the Wright from the photo and the copy print.

As you can see from X's remarks when he started this thread back in March, the Berry was already being mentioned as being in the set. That's because the photo of the mocked up card was already being shown.

It's a small point and I don't think the removal of Wright means that even one person will decide not to buy. He would be good to have, but not essential. However, the Berry should not be talked up as a replacement if the card was already in the line up with the Wright card.

And it was. RA has changed it's website ad and the sell sheet may not have had it, but it was. I saw it myself and X's comment indicates that the Berry was there even before the Wright was announced in the original product page put up by RA on April 8th.

Strange how this has all come about, I had forgotten that Berry had been mentioned initially elsewhere. When RA first put info up on their own site I don't think Berry was mentioned in the signers list and she certainly was not pictured: he had full bleeds of Tanya Roberts, Joe Don Baker, George Lazenby, Teri Hatcher, Christopher Lee, and 40th of Dolph, Wright and Moore. 100% there was no picture of Berry.
I have been checking the RA website fairly regularly for updates and have not seen the Berry card before this most recent announcement, but that isn't to say they hadn't changed the online ad before this announcement and people, including myself missed it. I think RA had intended to insert Berry, changed their mind, then reverted back to the original plan, so I guess you could still call it a replacement.
I would say its worth talking up because most will prefer a Berry card to a Jeffrey Wright card (not me!) and her full-bleed will arguably be her most desirable card of the 3 styles.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:

Strange how this has all come about, I had forgotten that Berry had been mentioned initially elsewhere. When RA first put info up on their own site I don't think Berry was mentioned in the signers list and she certainly was not pictured: he had full bleeds of Tanya Roberts, Joe Don Baker, George Lazenby, Teri Hatcher, Christopher Lee, and 40th of Dolph, Wright and Moore. 100% there was no picture of Berry.
I have been checking the RA website fairly regularly for updates and have not seen the Berry card before this most recent announcement, but that isn't to say they hadn't changed the online ad before this announcement and people, including myself missed it. I think RA had intended to insert Berry, changed their mind, then reverted back to the original plan, so I guess you could still call it a replacement.
I would say its worth talking up because most will prefer a Berry card to a Jeffrey Wright card (not me!) and her full-bleed will arguably be her most desirable card of the 3 styles.

I think everyone knows that RA gets these cards signed in the various formats well in advance of the set production. You can often tell by the copyright date when the card was made, but when it was signed and when it will be inserted in a product is a different matter. That's fine, no question an on-card autograph is preferable to the sticker autograph, which can also be laying around for years before getting affixed to a card.

You may be right about RA going back and forth over the FB Berry in this release. I was thinking that they may have intended it to be a multi-case incentive. Either way, when Wright did not send in his cards RA decided to insert the Berry. To my mind at least, a more desirable card anyway.

My only comment and question was that the Berry had been previously mentioned and I know that photos of both the Berry and Wright were displayed in the RA website preview ad at the same time. I know that because I saw it with my own eyes.

Whether that was a mistake by RA or for how long that particular version of the product ad was displayed I could not say. Not much of a controversy, Wink but the new Berry is a good looking card and I hope they have enough of them so that they make a difference in the boxes.

Picture of 007bondcards
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

I would say its worth talking up because most will prefer a Berry card to a Jeffrey Wright card (not me!) and her full-bleed will arguably be her most desirable card of the 3 styles.[/QUOTE]

Yah X back when you posted I was gonna ask where you found Berrys name but I thought you made a mistake and it was Hatcher you were referring to at the time.I am also a little disappointed about Wright because I too would of loved to see an auto from him instead of Berry.Its not like he isn't signing tho,Steve just said that he wont get them back in time so lets hope he is in series 2 in Dec.

Posts: 87 | Location: ontario | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here we go again, gripe, gripe, gripe, 9 (NINE) repeat full bleed signers, including David Hedison for Live and let die, while we are waiting for the Licence to kill David Hedison full bleed,
no Bruce Glover for he 4th set and jesper Christensen over looked for a Casino Royale FB as been over looked again as 40th anniv get the exclusive Quantum auto, they could have given us that one.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post