Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    James Bond Archives 2015
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond Archives 2015
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted
Whilst it hasn't been advertised on Rittenhouse's own website a couple of places online have advertised some details on the upcoming Bond set...

- Quantum of Solace 110 card base set
- Quantum of Solace 110 card gold parallel set
- You Only Live Twice 100 card throwback set
- The Spy Who Loved Me 100 card throwback set
- GoldenEye 100 card throwback set
- GoldenEye 100 card gold parallel set
- Skyfall Expansions chase cards
- Autographs from Roger Moore, George Lazenby, Halle Berry, Maryam d'Abo and Christopher Lee!

Not to sound like a broken record(!) but am so looking forward to this set: a set for my second favourite Connery Bond film, my favourite Roger Moore film, my favourite Brosnan film and Bond film overall, and a set for Quantum (which I actually liked) to round out Craig's movies.
The Skyfall Expansion cards have to be the 40th style chase cards which are my favourite update cards. Only been waiting for them for 3 years.

All repeat autos but good ones. Maryam d'Abo presumably on a 40th style card which has been missing from that collection for far too long given she's a willing signer. Everyone will no doubt go for Halle Berry's full bleed card.

I'm looking forward to seeing what picture will be used on Roger Moore's latest card. I'd presume it is another full bleed for either Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only or Octopus*y, then again RA could give is another 40th card like they have done with Craig. He has lots of cards, and though I won't personally need another, what Bond fan can knock another shot at pulling a card from the longest serving Bond? Moore is fast becoming the Leonard Nimoy of the Bond cards series. If only Connery were so gracious.

My most anticipated card is George Lazenby as I still haven't picked up one of his full bleeds yet, which this one will presumably be. A good choice if you ask me. His first full bleed has a not-so-great picture and his second still sells for strong money these days. I'd like a chance at another with a better pic and hopefully a cheaper price.

And then there is Sir Christopher Lee in full bleed. I was worried with his age and the fact he hasn't signed for 13 years we might not see another card from him. People have asked for this one A LOT over the years and this is a fantastic addition to the line up. He and one of the very best Bond Villains. A great score by Rittenhouse.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I don't collect James Bond sets, just a few FB autos mainly actors from GoldenEye, so I'm really interested in those GoldenEye sets.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I collect all of james bond !! it's very difficult but it's the best ;-)

Posts: 91 | Location: Belgium | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
I thought this year was going to be a new Women of Bond set
but I can't complain from what info is released so far
and I love Quantum of Solace

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see the release date was moved from May to June, as there will be a 2nd Bond set later this year, Part 2

What do you think the SIZE of this first set will be ? Will it be comparable to the set released this past fall ? I hope not, as that was the LARGEST Bond set ever, and it cost me a fortune to complete

As the 2015 sets are 2 part sets, will each one be HALF of the 2014 set ? I hope that each one is not the same size, as I can't picture spending $ 5,000 plus on two Bond sets for this year !!!

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Roger Moore will be a 40th anniv Man With The Golden Gun, it was a Full Bleed in the last set as the Bond's are the only exclusive's FB collector's get.
Chris Lee will definitely be Full bleed, because he can't be a woman of and they never do repeat signers for 40th anniv (unless he's going to be one of those gold signature cards)

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hoping we finally might get Jeffrey Wright.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Interesting set. I wasn't going to give it much thought but with the Spy throwback, maybe I will.

Can someone explain the 40th anniversary auto thing? Was there some promise made by RA that every Bond auto released will have a 40th card too? Are the 40ths full bleed which makes them so appealing?? Which set started the 40th autos? Maybe NSU needs to do an article on this? Smile

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 007bondcards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anthonyd:
Interesting set. I wasn't going to give it much thought but with the Spy throwback, maybe I will.

Can someone explain the 40th anniversary auto thing? Was there some promise made by RA that every Bond auto released will have a 40th card too? Are the 40ths full bleed which makes them so appealing?? Which set started the 40th autos? Maybe NSU needs to do an article on this? Smile

They are called 40th anniversary style cause they first came out in Rittenhouse first release called James Bond 40th Anniversary pretty much it plain and simple and they just have been adding on year after year.

Posts: 87 | Location: ontario | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 007bondcards:
quote:
Originally posted by anthonyd:

They are called 40th anniversary style cause they first came out in Rittenhouse first release called James Bond 40th Anniversary pretty much it plain and simple and they just have been adding on year after year.

The 40th style is kind of the opposite of the full bleed. It has a small portrait photo and most of the rest of the card is for the autograph. Some collectors prefer it to the FB for room on larger signatures and it looks cleaner. I usually prefer the FB cards. It's just a matter of taste.

There is also the Women of Bond style, which is not a FB either.

No promises from RA, but collectors expect repeat signers to be released in the different styles. Some may have done more than one in the same type, especially with incentives and the smaller sets. Some are still waiting to be switched up or repeated. Some actors have passed away or stopped signing and only have whatever was done.

Oh, and I forgot the most obvious part. FBs are held and signed vertically like the majority of autograph cards, but the 40th and WOB cards are held and signed horizontally, which is another reason why I prefer the FBs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
George Lazenby, + Maryam d'Abo are almost certainly to be FB because this is the only style that gets the repeat signers, although I would like a repeat signature of certain actors (Brit Ekland for example) it is annoying as a FB collector when your trying to piece your collection together (thematic by movie), you wait a year, then there are only 15 FB auto's and 5 of them are repeat signers.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 007bondcards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
George Lazenby, + Maryam d'Abo are almost certainly to be FB because this is the only style that gets the repeat signers, although I would like a repeat signature of certain actors (Brit Ekland for example) it is annoying as a FB collector when your trying to piece your collection together (thematic by movie), you wait a year, then there are only 15 FB auto's and 5 of them are repeat signers.

Why would you say that about Maryam d'Abo because she does not have a 40th auto

Posts: 87 | Location: ontario | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's actually good news, I know she was an incentive FB before they started a FFB set and she was a woman of, I assumed she had done the 40th style, my bad Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Product page is up:

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...nd/bondarchives2015/

YAY, Joe Don Baker FB with a photo from GoldenEye Bouncey Clap

And looks like the GoldenEye parallel set will be expensive to put together.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
very surprised to see Jeffrey Right
he refused to sign when originally asked

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
very surprised to see Jeffrey Right
he refused to sign when originally asked

Seeing him and Mathieu Amalric on the list made me squeal like a little girl. Even if I have to wait an eternity for the Full Bleed versions, I can't wait to beef up my Craig era collection!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 007bondcards
posted Hide Post
Amalric and Wright were very nice to see and a close 3rd I thought was Dolph Lundgren,alot of repeats which is expected but these three are refreshing to see. I think it might be cheap for me this time around since I only collect 40th style and Wob style.No cases for me I think its wiser to just buy the ones I need this time around.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
T he auto list so far is fantastic, lots of nice surprise's, I bet you a $1000 Mathieu Amalric won't be a full bleed Razz

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Really nice names posted so far. Excited to see Wright, Amalric and surpised by the Lundgren. As a 40th collector, I love the look of the 3 posted pictures so far! Is it June yet???

Posts: 1 | Location: Sherwood, OR | Registered: December 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post