Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    James Bond Archives 2015
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond Archives 2015
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:

Like a song, The Bangles eternal flame was definitive and no cover will come anywhere near it.

I agree. One of their best Smile

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a seasoned Bond card collector, I thought I'd throw in my views on the latest Bond set.

Honestly, the set leaves me rather unmoved on the whole. The formula of throwback sets and expansion cards has become a little bit repetitive for me, and essentially all the autograph signers are either long-awaited or unknown bit-part actors. I've been a completist of 40th Anniversary autograph cards until this point, but the idea of adding the likes of Joni Flynn, Anthony Forrest or Bendan O'Hea leave me so unmoved, I'm thinking of passing on them! Especially the Joni Flynn card which has a black + white picture!! And talking of upsetting the continuity, dammit why did Rittenhouse have to go and tamper with the 40th Anniversary design and change the 007 logo. Mad It's a total shame they did that!!

Of course, there are some welcome new additions that help to save this set, notably the Mathieu Amalric and David Harbour autos. And I'm also glad to see a repeat Roger Moore card in 40th style, but otherwise that's it for me! For the full bleed collectors, I'm sure the chance of (finally) getting a Christopher Lee, Halle Berry and Teri Hatcher autograph must be exciting (not that I've noticed any outpouring of joy in messages posted so far!! Smile )

Although I find this offering a little lack-lustre (a feeling I've not had since James Bond in Motion many moons ago), I'm not annoyed with Rittenhouse and will continue to support their Bond products and expand my collection. After all, they really have pulled together some amazing sets over the years and I perfectly understand that there are very few big names left out there who haven't yet signed but who might still be possible to get on-board in the future.

Still, I wonder whether it's maybe time for Rittenhouse to start thinking outside the box a bit and explore some new ideas? I've always thought, e.g. a different subset of autographs with theme tune singers would be a winner. Or a set focusing on the artwork of James Bond (e.g. film poster or production artwork), maybe expanding into the area of sketch cards could be good? Maybe even a behind-the-scenes set, with autographs from key production crew. Just some thoughts...

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 007bondcards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RP01:
As a seasoned Bond card collector, I thought I'd throw in my views on the latest Bond set.

Honestly, the set leaves me rather unmoved on the whole. The formula of throwback sets and expansion cards has become a little bit repetitive for me, and essentially all the autograph signers are either long-awaited or unknown bit-part actors. I've been a completist of 40th Anniversary autograph cards until this point, but the idea of adding the likes of Joni Flynn, Anthony Forrest or Bendan O'Hea leave me so unmoved, I'm thinking of passing on them! Especially the Joni Flynn card which has a black + white picture!! And talking of upsetting the continuity, dammit why did Rittenhouse have to go and tamper with the 40th Anniversary design and change the 007 logo. Mad It's a total shame they did that!!

Of course, there are some welcome new additions that help to save this set, notably the Mathieu Amalric and David Harbour autos. And I'm also glad to see a repeat Roger Moore card in 40th style, but otherwise that's it for me! For the full bleed collectors, I'm sure the chance of (finally) getting a Christopher Lee, Halle Berry and Teri Hatcher autograph must be exciting (not that I've noticed any outpouring of joy in messages posted so far!! Smile )

Although I find this offering a little lack-lustre (a feeling I've not had since James Bond in Motion many moons ago), I'm not annoyed with Rittenhouse and will continue to support their Bond products and expand my collection. After all, they really have pulled together some amazing sets over the years and I perfectly understand that there are very few big names left out there who haven't yet signed but who might still be possible to get on-board in the future.

Still, I wonder whether it's maybe time for Rittenhouse to start thinking outside the box a bit and explore some new ideas? I've always thought, e.g. a different subset of autographs with theme tune singers would be a winner. Or a set focusing on the artwork of James Bond (e.g. film poster or production artwork), maybe expanding into the area of sketch cards could be good? Maybe even a behind-the-scenes set, with autographs from key production crew. Just some thoughts...

Well said and agree with most,after checklist came out I cancelled all cases.Not because I am upset it just doesn't make sense to open any up since I only collect 40th and wob style autos.Full bleed collectors should be happy like you stated but yet there seems to be complaining because they didn't get Jesper,well guess what 40th collectors don't have d Abo and it has been many many many many years.With a checklist boasting Berry,Hatcher,Lee,Adams and other hot Bond girls you would think there would be screams of joy heard around the world.
The only point I disagree with you is production crew autos,they have Glen and sells for peanuts,Hamilton was a three case incentive and sells weak Lamont I think I had to give away free and Norman well that was another yawn so I think you and maybe another few would be interested in such a set but I think as a whole it would not sell.Singers well we are getting them slowly Sinatra,Lulu and now Easton also in a 40th style I would think we will see others slowly,seems to be a market for them and sales prove that with those 3.Sketches would be an absolute nightmare for Steve to get approval,look at the trouble he faces for Game of Thrones and cant use likenesses well with Bond you cant have sketches of dreamy meadows and wolfs.
For me really only got excited to see Wright and that has now gone south I am left with Amalric and Lundgren as ones I am looking forward to.Moore is nice but seems he is in every set now 2 or 3 times lol so he is like Nimoy and Shatner of Trek nice to pull but who needs 12 of them in a collection.I will pick up the 40th on the secondary market and do a case breaker a favour as you said most are just filler and can be had very cheap.
I save a ton of money cancelling my cases and look forward to the next set wahoooooooo

Posts: 87 | Location: ontario | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Allow me to very excited about Halle Berry. Luv You Clap Dance

One card that is never mentioned but really needs to be is a FB Shirley Bassey. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Allow me to very excited about Halle Berry. Luv You Clap Dance

One card that is never mentioned but really needs to be is a FB Shirley Bassey. Thumb Up

Considering the cards she did sign were returned to RA cut up I don't think that is likely.

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Really, I didn't know that. Frown

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Surprised that Halle's card is Very Limited, it might give me a smidgen of a chance to get hold of one Big Grin It's a nice card, too.

Dolph Lundgren is great to see as well!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am usually pessimistic with each release at the lack of full bleeds. I am happy with this release. If the Lee, Regin, Berry and Hatcher were the only 4 released it would still be some wonderful additions to my collection. I knew the hatcher and Berry would be out eventually, but had given up hope of ever getting a full bleed of Christopher Lee. That one has me the most excited. Getting full bleeds of Adams, Baker, Lazenby, Roberts, etc. is just icing on the cake. I am still hoping Steve is able to get Eva Green to sign. She is one of my most wanted. I couldn't even get a card signed through the mail from her unlike many others who have had successful responses from her. Chalk me up as one of the few excited for the release. I won't be buying any cases, but I will be purchasing a mini-master and all full bleed autographs.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have an idea as to how hard it is going to be to put together these sets?
- GoldenEye 100 card throwback set
- GoldenEye 100 card gold parallel set
How costly do people think they will be as I want to chase these down.
Should I go with trying to buy them separately or as sets?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Does anyone have an idea as to how hard it is going to be to put together these sets?
- GoldenEye 100 card throwback set
- GoldenEye 100 card gold parallel set
How costly do people think they will be as I want to chase these down.
Should I go with trying to buy them separately or as sets?

The standard GoldenEye set is 4 per box, so it would take 25 boxes to put together.

The Gold GoldenEye is 1 per box, so you're looking at 100 boxes.

Will be much easier to find a full set of the standard from eBay or a breaking dealer. Piecing it together would be prohibitive with shipping on each card or each lot.

I wouldn't even want to guess what the gold set would go for. I'd give it a pass.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
If it helps, I just sold Agents of Shield Season 1 Gold Set for $600. that's a 72 Card Set.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed,
so is the Gold Parallel set the same as the throwback set? just a rarer version with gold on it or some such?
If so, I will definitely take your advice and skip it Smile

And wow Kryten, I hate to think how much a 100 card set would go for Eek

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Gold card are the Same as the regular set....just Gold Embossed on the front & Numbered on the back

Here's a Game of Thrones Gold..... Season 4

same as the base, Just Gold Embossed.....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The last Bond set in October 2014 had 3 throwback sets (approx. 90-100 cards per set) with cards that came 3 or 4 per box only, and yet sets were not difficult to find from dealers, upon release, in my experience. I guess dealers broke alot of boxes

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
the gold version are 1 per Box

Quantum of Solace is a 90 GOLD card set.....

GoldenEye is a 102 GOLD Card set....

The regular Versions are 1 in 6 packs...

you get 4 cards of each of these....

the regular Throwback sets are easy.....

The Gold Set is 4 times harder

GoldenEye takes 102 Boxes to complete with the Best of Luck

Quantum of Solace takes 90 Boxes to complete with the Best of Luck

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Christopher Lee just died !

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

Just read that. So sad. Someone posted on Facebook...."I never thought death would have the stones to take him." Smile

On a side note...His cards will be even more valueable in this set.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

Just read that. So sad. Someone posted on Facebook...."I never thought death would have the stones to take him." Smile

On a side note...His cards will be even more valueable in this set.

Thankfully that "death bounce" is not nearly the attraction that it used to be for internet ghouls. For the most part any increase in autograph prices just because the party passed away is very short lived and than the card returns to whatever it would have been. For the average set that is a few years old, many people don't know who passed and who didn't, if it is not a major name.

Lee is a major name, but he does have a handful of certified autograph cards already available. The sellers have probably added a bit to those already, but real fans who wanted them should already own them. I have always felt that if you did not need to have someone's autograph when they were alive, you really should have no need to get it when they are dead.

The Bond signature was going to come out hot to begin with. As his final autograph, it will just make it more valuable, but I hope that only true fans go for it.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
this is RA, they tend to get stuff signed well in advance, There are Nimoy's & Lee's that are signed for a Future release.....

10,000,000,000,000,000 % Sure

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
this is RA, they tend to get stuff signed well in advance, There are Nimoy's & Lee's that are signed for a Future release.....

10,000,000,000,000,000 % Sure

With Nimoy I would say that you are probably right, because Star Trek had several different products that could have him in it and he was signing autographs almost to the end.

With Lee, I would not think so and unless you know what RA is holding, I don't know why you would be so sure.

This coming release has his full bleed card, his 40th style is already out. That's it for RA format wise, unless an incentive style is kicking around somewhere. Lee has not been in the best of health, he was old, and he dropped out of a couple projects that wanted to get him in on the signature cards. Who knows how many of these cards he managed to sign.

So I'm not saying that it's not possible that RA has any more in the vault, anything is possible, but I wouldn't put any of my money on it.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post