Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Thundercats from Bandai in December
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thundercats from Bandai in December
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
got this in an email today, first I'd heard of it:

quote:
Thunder Cats Trading Cards
(SRP-$2.99)
6 Boxes Per Case / 24 Packs Per Box / 8 Cards Per pack

Release Date: 12-10-11

Meet the all new ThunderCats!

One of the most iconic animated series of the 1980s and a continuing pop culture force,
ThunderCats is an epic tale of a young hero's journey to fulfill his ultimate destiny. The
new ThunderCats series follows Lion-O, the young heir to the throne, who embarks on a
great quest to take his rightful place as king. The kingdom of Thundera is threatened by
the evil sorcerer Mumm-Ra, and Lion-O, the unlikely champion, must work with his
faithful comrades Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKat, WilyKit and his loyal pet, Snarf, on
his journey to save their world from darkness.
Bandai is pleased to introduce an all new 72 card set from the hit Cartoon Network
show. This set includes:
. 60 thundering trading cards
. 12 special rare foil cards (1 per pack)

The new ThunderCats half-hour show airs regularly on Cartoon Network Friday nights at
8:30 p.m. (ET, PT). THUNDERCATS HOOO!

. 8 cards per pack - 1 Holographic Foil card per pack

A good kid-oriented set? Yes?

$3 a pack is $1 less than Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, so that should not be a barrier, at least in theory.

Bad thing is my orders are due in a week, very little time to get the word out and then a long wait to December. Frown

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Loved the original cartoon and like what I've seen of the updated one, too.

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watch the new Thundercats with my 5 year old. He loves the old show as well as the new one. I think that this will be a good thing for us - he recently started asking about Pokemon as his friends all have cards. We can open packs and put the set together, together.

Looking forward to this.

Nathan

Posts: 30 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
I hope they make a nice base set and good looking foil cards. Looking the little details I expect no more or less than a card set like the Justice League animated series.

I'm watching the new show. It is so cool how they manage to use the old Thundercats Universe in a new one.

PD
Mon*Star the villain from Silverhawks made a cameo in the last Thundercats 2011 series. You can see him the scene where Mumm-Ra is talking with Leono in front of the big monitor screen.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds cool...I also like the original series and currently watching the new one. How much would a box run? Bouncey

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mccheese8472:
Sounds cool...I also like the original series and currently watching the new one. How much would a box run? Bouncey

If I were to venture a guess, around $55 or maybe a little less. Suggested Retail is $71.76, but nobody pays that unless they are buying one pack at a time at retail.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if there are going to be any promos released for this set?

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Never seen a promo for a Bandai product. Also this is primarily a retail release for them.

So, considering those two things I doubt there will be. But go ahead Bandai, prove me wrong. Thumb Up

Ed

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
I think this could be a set for me and my boys but I doubt that it will make stores in the United Kingdom.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear about this. I was hoping someone would release a set. With Bandai having the toy license, I figured if anyone produced a set, it would be them.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Release date is now January 6. Cards look cool - round corners like the old Transformers and GI Joe sets Hasbro made.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
The cards are out at Target. I picked up two packs today. The press release states that there are 60 regular cards, but the packs say there are 68.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post