Thundercats from Bandai in December
got this in an email today, first I'd heard of it:

quote:
Thunder Cats Trading Cards
(SRP-$2.99)
6 Boxes Per Case / 24 Packs Per Box / 8 Cards Per pack

Release Date: 12-10-11

Meet the all new ThunderCats!

One of the most iconic animated series of the 1980s and a continuing pop culture force,
ThunderCats is an epic tale of a young hero's journey to fulfill his ultimate destiny. The
new ThunderCats series follows Lion-O, the young heir to the throne, who embarks on a
great quest to take his rightful place as king. The kingdom of Thundera is threatened by
the evil sorcerer Mumm-Ra, and Lion-O, the unlikely champion, must work with his
faithful comrades Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKat, WilyKit and his loyal pet, Snarf, on
his journey to save their world from darkness.
Bandai is pleased to introduce an all new 72 card set from the hit Cartoon Network
show. This set includes:
. 60 thundering trading cards
. 12 special rare foil cards (1 per pack)

The new ThunderCats half-hour show airs regularly on Cartoon Network Friday nights at
8:30 p.m. (ET, PT). THUNDERCATS HOOO!

. 8 cards per pack - 1 Holographic Foil card per pack

A good kid-oriented set? Yes?

$3 a pack is $1 less than Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, so that should not be a barrier, at least in theory.

Bad thing is my orders are due in a week, very little time to get the word out and then a long wait to December. Frown

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

September 03, 2011, 12:08 AM
weasel-king
Very cool. Loved the original cartoon and like what I've seen of the updated one, too.
September 03, 2011, 07:18 PM
Nathan MacKeller
I watch the new Thundercats with my 5 year old. He loves the old show as well as the new one. I think that this will be a good thing for us - he recently started asking about Pokemon as his friends all have cards. We can open packs and put the set together, together.

Looking forward to this.

Nathan
September 05, 2011, 08:42 PM
kane1
I hope they make a nice base set and good looking foil cards. Looking the little details I expect no more or less than a card set like the Justice League animated series.

I'm watching the new show. It is so cool how they manage to use the old Thundercats Universe in a new one.

PD
Mon*Star the villain from Silverhawks made a cameo in the last Thundercats 2011 series. You can see him the scene where Mumm-Ra is talking with Leono in front of the big monitor screen.
September 06, 2011, 09:16 AM
Mccheese8472
Sounds cool...I also like the original series and currently watching the new one. How much would a box run? Bouncey
September 07, 2011, 12:26 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by Mccheese8472:
Sounds cool...I also like the original series and currently watching the new one. How much would a box run? Bouncey

If I were to venture a guess, around $55 or maybe a little less. Suggested Retail is $71.76, but nobody pays that unless they are buying one pack at a time at retail.

Ed

November 06, 2011, 12:15 PM
Doc Floyd
Anyone know if there are going to be any promos released for this set?
November 07, 2011, 01:35 AM
Scifi Cards
Never seen a promo for a Bandai product. Also this is primarily a retail release for them.

So, considering those two things I doubt there will be. But go ahead Bandai, prove me wrong. Thumb Up

Ed

November 07, 2011, 01:01 PM
Doc Floyd
Thanks for the info.
November 26, 2011, 01:58 PM
william291077
I think this could be a set for me and my boys but I doubt that it will make stores in the United Kingdom.

November 28, 2011, 05:58 PM
dstrohmeng
So glad to hear about this. I was hoping someone would release a set. With Bandai having the toy license, I figured if anyone produced a set, it would be them.
November 28, 2011, 10:51 PM
Ryan Cracknell
Release date is now January 6. Cards look cool - round corners like the old Transformers and GI Joe sets Hasbro made.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
December 30, 2011, 06:45 PM
dstrohmeng
The cards are out at Target. I picked up two packs today. The press release states that there are 60 regular cards, but the packs say there are 68.