Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Mars Attacks set from IDW Limited
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mars Attacks set from IDW Limited
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
This is pretty cool, and unexpected! They're releasing a set of 99 cards featuring images of the sketch cards that were inserted in the Red and Blue Label box sets that came out last year.

I hope this link is OK to post... http://www.previewsworld.com/H...tockItemID=APR140379

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I ordered one with my comic order I sent in last week. I can see a NAR!, a Charles Hall, and an Chris Uminga in the solicitation.
How many of your sketches are being made into cards for this, Ted? Should be quite a few of them. I wonder if they're going to use any of the 4 card puzzle sets.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
How many of your sketches are being made into cards for this, Ted? Should be quite a few of them. I wonder if they're going to use any of the 4 card puzzle sets.

I don't know. The only cards I did were 4-card themes, but most of them could stand alone as single images. Only a few had a singular image across all 4 cards.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They might let you know how many of yours are being used if you asked them. Maybe they'll comp you the card set, at least. That seems reasonable.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
They might let you know how many of yours are being used if you asked them. Maybe they'll comp you the card set, at least. That seems reasonable.

I'm already discussing with IDW. Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The book with the card set was due early June, so I've already received two shipments that could have, but did not have it. Hopefully, it'll come in with next months order, which I get in the first half of August. I'll definitely be asking about it at the IDW booth at Comic-Con.

Beyond that, the new Previews Catalog now shows an IDW Mar Attacks Sketch Gallery standard size comic book, with one of the NAR sketches as the cover for that. That's due in September or so and is a lot cheaper price-wise at only $3.99. Hopefully, they'll showcase some of Ted's work in the comic.