Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-3 (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-3 (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
I am so thrilled to see that Cryptozoic got Charlie Hunnam to sign for the series. The autograph list is basically complete now other than Maggie Siff as Tara. I personally would love to see Kurt Sutter as Otto sign too. Maybe they can get him for one of the other two sets coming up in the near future.

And after just seeing the season 6 finale that was so gripping and emotinal, it makes it even harder to wait for this card set to come out.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Too bad this series is limping to its end much like Lost and Dexter. I'm not at all happy with recent developments and wonder how many fans would have stuck around if they knew what was coming.

Many of these shows have a 7 year arc. With the exception of Breaking Bad and the Sopranos, I think nearly all peaked at years 3 or 4.

I hope Game of Thrones stays one of the exception. Walking Dead has already peaked as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, as far as cards go, its a problem if they don't get out while the series is still hot. If the series ending goes south, so does the demand for cards.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beav
posted Hide Post
I was checking some other cards on ebay and saw that Mark Boone jr looks like he signs with MBJ, but Katey Sagal has a nice full signature. Very readable, and stylish.

Posts: 82 | Location: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any chance we get a Kenny Johnson auto card? I'm a big fan of his from his "The Shield" days.

@Raven. Add "The Shield" to your list of shows that didn't peak. One of the few shows that got better and better.

Posts: 49 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dexterfan18:
Any chance we get a Kenny Johnson auto card? I'm a big fan of his from his "The Shield" days.

@Raven. Add "The Shield" to your list of shows that didn't peak. One of the few shows that got better and better.

That's very true, The Shield ended very well and probably has enough fans for a return, although there is no hint of it.

By the way Walter Goggins, late of The Shield, has been great in Justified and that show is starting its 5th season now. So far its also holding up well and I hope will also be one of the few exceptions. Thumb Up

No one has picked up Justified as a card set yet. I don't know why, the subject matter is no more violent than WD or SoA and it has excellent stars and guests for autographs. Maybe someday . . .

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

That's very true, The Shield ended very well and probably has enough fans for a return, although there is no hint of it.

By the way Walter Goggins, late of The Shield, has been great in Justified and that show is starting its 5th season now. So far its also holding up well and I hope will also be one of the few exceptions. Thumb Up

No one has picked up Justified as a card set yet. I don't know why, the subject matter is no more violent than WD or SoA and it has excellent stars and guests for autographs. Maybe someday . . .

Justified is definitely a show I'd want to see get a card set made of. It's my favorite show currently on. I agree, Walt is terrific as Boyd!

I would foam at the mouth for a chance at a Tim Olyphant or Walton Goggins auto card. Maybe even a dual auto (which would instantly become my holy grail card.) Neal McDonough, Margo Martindale, Jeremy Davies, Jere Burns... that set would have the potential to be amazing!

Posts: 49 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Looks like the SOA set has been pushed back again. One of the big online dealers now has the release date for March 7th.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
New release date: May 9th, 2014

The week AFTER Allentown. Frown

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic has posted some autograph pics:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/trad...ng-cards-seasons-1-3

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
If I find a Henry Rollins auto in my box I will be very happy camper.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Someone on Blowout said and I quote-

A little update from Toronto, I had a talk with Charlie Hunnam last night about this card set. He had no clue about it. I asked him if he was signing cards for the set and he had no idea that a card set was even coming out. So either he is under contract and his manager never told him or he isnt signing for the set.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess Charlie was fibbing cause apparently he did sign. Cryptozoic posted pics on fb: https://www.facebook.com/media...0093869003065&type=1

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why the hunnam auto is on fb but not on there own site?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Auto pics for this are updated. Looks like they've only got six left to come back.

And Mark Boone Junior seems to have pulled out of all three sets.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Three more have come back.

Only Katey Sagal, Kim Coates, and Nicholas Guest remain.

Also, Rachel Miner and Tom Arnold confirmed for the second set, and printing plates added (ratio TBD).

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kim Coates returned.

Two to go... must be close to getting a release date by now.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Few more updates...........

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Release date of May 21.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just finished watching all 7 seasons of The Shield, what an amazing show and brilliant ending. Would love to be able to get some of this casts autos in other sets if it is possible. I already have CCH Pounder from Warehouse 13.
Haven't watched SOA yet though, may I should give it a try.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
I think it would be great if we'll see a Venus auto in the 2nd release lol