Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Season 5
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 5
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted
Okay, I saw in the latest edition of NSU that GOT Season 5 is set for release in March. Any additional news available? Signers in particular?

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard anything yet on signers but Rittenhouse just updated their release schedule and this set is now coming out May 25th.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I haven't heard anything yet on signers but Rittenhouse just updated their release schedule and this set is now coming out May 25th.

That looks about right, it is usually released just AFTER the May Philly show Frown

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
March would have been VERY early. May sounds more like it.
Yeah, not only is it after the Philly show it might well be when Season 6 is nearly over on the TV, as that usually starts in April.
I don't suppose there's any problem selling the product, so no need to time it for maximum effect. Roll Eyes Oh well, plenty of time to save for a few bits and bobs.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Very unlikely to get a box this year. Last year I did box year before that box and binder.

Didn't like the binder design for S4, and got P3 really cheap from eBay so the design would have to be special for me to but in this release.

No box because this set is now saturated with repeat signers and for me I'm unwiling to risk my single box money gambling on a big hit. Pulled Mark Stanley for S3, then last year too Frown

Been burned and don't fancy that again!

If Rittenhouse up the hits or do lots of relics again (like the house banners) I'll reconsider.

Basically if they stick to the same format with the same signers, I'm out box buying and in to eBay.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:
No box because this set is now saturated with repeat signers and for me I'm unwiling to risk my single box money gambling on a big hit. Pulled Mark Stanley for S3, then last year too Frown.

I will still probably buy a box to get a base set, but I know what you're saying. It's not just repeat signers on a different card design, last year's cards had signers that were dead characters from the first season. And even those big hits on the repeat stars aren't so big anymore because most of them have signed in every set.

I am a huge GoT fan, but RA needs to put something more in this fifth release. We need to have another Clarke autograph and someone unexpected like Rigg. We need new signers and a realistic chance at a sketch. How about props and material cards. Or just break the formula and put more than one autograph per box.

Having signers from minor characters appear on three types of designs, FB, bordered and blue, is not enough value to support the box cost when once would have been enough, even for big fans. Wink

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've bought cases in previous years, but even without knowing the full content of this set I won't be buying a case this year. The parallels bloated the product last year. Do I really need 3 cards with the same picture but different colour foil/print? The gold ones of which I'd never complete a set of unless I won the lottery.
I'm definitely going to refine my buying for this set.
I've never seen the point of sketches so don't feel I'm missing out on a chance of one of those.

Any new signers would be nice. I would love a Jodhi May autograph(Maggy the Frog), I've been a fan of her work for years, even though it was a tiny part she played on GoT. I'd also like a Faye Marsay(Waif).
Obviously a Diana Rigg would be VERY nice and I would hope they could get a Jonathan Pryce, going by RA getting him for Bond. So I'll be going for new signers and any nice new ones of my favourite actors/characters.
So this year I'll be very selective. And save quite a bit of money in the process. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I am a very casual collector of the Thrones sets but I still look forward to a box or two each year. I kind of sympathise for Rittenhouse on this one - I think costumes are going to be slim until the series ends, and even then I doubt they'd be parted with easily. Sketches seem hindered by not using characters and the earlier sets did such a stellar job at representing the large casts that it's going to be harder for the autograph list to impress as they go on and there are fewer major characters introduced as the series concludes. I wouldn't mind seeing something new for repeat signers, perhaps inscription autographs ala Parks and Recreation - that could be fun if done right.

I imagine the Dornish characters might be the most prominent. Hopefully Alexander Siddig (Doran) will sign as he has signed for Rittenhouse before, as with Jonathan Pryce like HedgehogWitch said. It would be nice to see Pedro Pascal signing, Oberyn was great and I just finished watching Narcos. Michel Huisman, Faye Marsay, Joel Fry - all would be brilliant.

There are some great actors who didn't have a lot of scenes in the series but I appreciate for their other work - Rila Fukushima, Adewale Akkinuoye Agbaje, Ed Skrein, Mark Gatiss, Birgitte Hjort Sørensen - whose autographs I wouldn't mind getting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
June 8th is the new release date.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There could be an interesting reason for the date being pushed back. I'm "hopefully" wondering if it's some new type of content...costume cards or new signers or some different element to the usual sets.
I might be wrong, but it would be nice if the set did a few things different with content than following the same format of the past seasons.

Or it might just be the usual kind of delays and we'll be moaning about the parallel sets and repeat 'dead character' signers again....but I like to remain optimistic. Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well the start of Season 6 on TV has been pushed back from prior years too, so it could just be that RA wants to use the extra time to adjust its own release schedule.

But if you want to believe that something new will be unveiled, anything is possible. Smile

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hoping they finally can get Liam Cunningham.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the initial info:

GAME OF THRONES SEASON FIVE Trading Cards

Release Date: June 8, 2016

2 Autograph Cards Per Box!

Plus randomly inserted BONUS RELIC Cards and SKETCH Cards!

Autograph signers include:

Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister)
Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark)
Jonathan Pryce (High Sparrow)
Alexander Siddig (Doran Martell)
Kit Harington (Jon Snow)
Birgitte Hjort Sorensen (Karsi)
Carise van Houten (Melisandre)
Dean-Charles Chapman (King Tommen)
Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister)
Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell)
Maisie Williams (Arya Stark)
Tom Wlaschiha (Jaqen H'ghar)
Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton)
Iwan Rheon (Ramsay)
Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei)
Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm)
Rosabell Laurenti Sellers (Tyene Sand)
Jessica Henwick (Nymeria Sand)
Keisha Castle-Hughes (Obara Sand)
Indira Varma (Ellaria Sand)
Roger Ashton-Griffiths (Mace Tyrell)
Toby Sebastien (Trystane Martell)
Brenock O'Connor (Olly)
Ben Crompton (Eddison Tollett)
Kerry Ingram (Shireen Baratheon)
Reece Noi (Mossador)
Paul Bentley (High Septon)
Lino Facioli (Robin Arryn)
Ross O'Hennessy (Lord of Bones)
Joel Fry (Hizdahr zo Loraq)
Ian Whyte (Wun Wun The Giant)
Enzo Cilenti (Yezzan zo Qaggaz)
Elizabeth Cadwallader (L. Stokeworth)
Charlotte Hope (Miranda)

100-Card Base Set, featuring detailed plot synopses for all 10 Season Five episodes, and biographies for more than 60 different characters!

Plus EXCITING Bonus Cards:

· 100 parallel base cards (1:3 packs)
· 100 GOLD parallel base cards (1:24 packs)
· 9 "Quotable" Game of Thrones cards (1:12 packs)
· 9 Game of Thrones Relationships cards (1:24 packs)
· 20 "Beautiful Death" art cards (1:24 packs)
· 16 Game of Thrones "Reflections" (Mirror) cards (1:96 packs)
· 20 GOLD parallel "Beautiful Death" art cards (1:144 packs)
· Relic Cards (randomly inserted)
· Sketch Cards (randomly inserted)

Case Toppers (one per case):
House Baratheon (H11) Die-Cut Shield Card
House Bolton (H12) Die-Cut Shield Card

6-Case Incentives:
Dual Autograph Card Signed by Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) and Aidan Gillen (Littlefinger)

9-Case Incentive:
Peter Dinklage Autograph/Relic Card

18-Case Incentive:
Game of Thrones: Season Four Archive Box, including exclusive Peter Dinklage FB Autograph Card and Set of Four Printing Plates used to make one of the Base Set Cards (a different set of printing plates in every Archive Box)

Game of Thrones: Season Five Trading Cards Collector's Album

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Impressive list. A lot of repeaters but a lot of new ones as well. I am real glad that they got Ben Crompton to sign (Eddison). Now I cant wait until June!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
An extensive list of signers as usual. Good to see Turner again and I like the case incentives, even though they are repeat signers. The dual auto and the auto/relic are new to GoT cards.

Now Clarke is not listed again, so she has only the two autographs from 1st and 2nd season sets. Of course you can never tell about these things going forward, but I feel that those two cards should at least be going up in value now, because at this point at least, she is not signing. So none of the existing supply is growing and her character should be in even higher demand.

Isn't that what is supposed to drive up card prices?

posted Hide Post
Interesting number of new signers. Particularly good to have all the Sand Snakes.
No really 'big' character new signers. No Liam Cunningham, Diana Rigg, Pedro Pascal, but that's not really a complaint. Actors have their reasons for not signing.

However, I'm happy I won't be getting a case this year, as a lot of those autographs will be fairly cheap to pick up. So mini masters and 'pick and mix' autographs for me. Not going for the near impossible full master set, actually makes it slightly more fun AND cheaper! Big Grin
I'm looking forward to seeing the new images for the autograph cards etc in the coming weeks/months now. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
My most wanted is Jessica Henwick, so hopefully she is on a bordered style card. And if she signed here, hopefully that means she will sign for Force Awakens part 2 as well.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Really hoping they would have gotten Liam Cunningham. Oh well.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.rittenhousearchives...thrones/season_five/

Sell sheet is up on RA's site.

Looking forward to the Dragonglass relic and finding that AB exclusive bordered Dinklage auto on the bay.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post