Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    UD Wandavision
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UD Wandavision
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted
Just watched a 3 case break video. 8 autograph cards 2 diff Rupp 2 diff Olsen 2 same Melamed 1 Hahn and 1 Parris. No sketch cards everything else manufactured rarity. Case prices slipping towards $2500 with a list price of $2999

Nice to see the spirit of Richard P McWilliam is well preserved and screwing over collectors any way it can.

On the up side most of this should settle nicely for us secondary market bottom feeders. Smokin'

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have tried to come up with any reason why anyone would want to touch this release and I can't. It's not worthy of Richard P. McWilliam, and I wonder how many people really remember his accomplishments? Big Grin

Any "card collector" who gets sucked into this has only himself to blame.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I got “sucked in” because I loved the series. I got lucky, I guess. Got 3 boxes and hit a Kat Denning’s autograph card plus a couple of rare chase, along with 4 Film Cel cards. It’s a really great release, and frankly, no worse than any Star Wars release out there, or anything Topps to be more specific.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've been watching this a bit as there are some autographs I'm interested in.

I just don't think the price is workable.

I've never seen the show, and I am not a fan of a bunch of the card designs.

This is 2 year old IP at this point, and while it is Marvel I'm happy to wait for clearance prices on it.

If I don't get clearance prices that's ok -- I have Elizabeth Olsen, Hahn and Kat Dennings from other products. I'd pick up a Bettany, but if I don't get one I'm ok with that. I'd pick up a Rupp autograph because of That 70s Show, but I'm only interested in that for about $20-25. I'm guessing it will get there -- after all Hahn autographs from Spider-Verse have already sold for under $50.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

I just don't think the price is workable.

Exactly, I can't make the $150 to $200 box price work for me. Just don't see the value holding up and the secondary market will give me what I want without the gamble for much cheaper.

There are quite a few cool looking cards in this title and I get it, if you really loved the show there is an impulse to jump. For me the show was just good but not great. Having been recently burned on a couple of Star Wars boxes I am forcing my patience. Big Grin

Based on the checklist you need a box and a half just to get a base set. Most of the subsets aren't practical to collect, you just kind of settle with what you get. It takes a case to complete the two lower parallel sets provided no duplicates. I think I count at least 3 subsets that need 10 cases to complete and one requires 20. Given the low auto and sketch odds I can't shake the feeling that UD cranked out quite a bit of this.

On the upside, if you do pull an autograph the odds are good it wont be a dud.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

On the upside, if you do pull an autograph the odds are good it wont be a dud.

True, but I think for the same $2500 a case cost you could buy 1 autograph from each person signing and still have plenty of funds left to buy other stuff.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:
I got “sucked in” because I loved the series. I got lucky, I guess. Got 3 boxes and hit a Kat Denning’s autograph card plus a couple of rare chase, along with 4 Film Cel cards. It’s a really great release, and frankly, no worse than any Star Wars release out there, or anything Topps to be more specific.

I grabbed a box because I love the show. I was not so lucky. I did not get a 1 a box insert and got one of the 1:180 foil cards as my second hit. Oh, well, The cards are nice though.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post