Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 3
 Login/Join

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
The new Blue autograph looks VERY smart. Thumb Up I think I like it better than the bordered versions now. Cool

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
While I'm at it releasing a signer as Very Limited in their first set then 'common' in the following one...

I don't really mind it so long as the signer is important enough to the set that he/she can carry the higher price that should result from VL and XL versions. It's only when the signer truly is a common character that I have to wonder why RA would bother with a shorter print run for someone that is hardly known.

For example, with Star Trek TNG: Heroes and Villians, why are Jerry Hardin, James Horan, Robin Gammell and Scott MacDonald all XL? I don't even know what parts they played.

For Game of Thrones Season Two, why make Weiss and Benioff the 3 case incentive when as non-actors their names are largely unknown?

I don't mind paying more for a short printed card so long as it is someone I would want to buy anyway. But it always irks me to have to pay higher prices for common signers just because they signed fewer cards in a particular product.

When that happens I generally just leave those autograph cards as holes in my collection until such time as I find them at a price that I think they merit. If the prices never hit my "value" they can stay a hole in my collection as far as I'm concerned. Wink

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The Benioff/Weiss as a 3 case incentive would've been better as a dual autograph, for sure, and the limited edition nature of it would've been better justified in that way.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Just got word my order has shipped (box & binder) woo excited much Big Grin

Wonder if I can repeat my lucky box streak? Tudors 1,2,3 single box pulled a sketch and GoT Season 2 single box Lady Stark auto+ variant relic I haven't seen often (Joffrey Beige).

I did think about chasing the gold parallel for my base set but will settle for the normal parallel I think Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I see Rittenhouse have all pictures of the cards up on their site checklist, now. All except the sketch cards, anyway. I assume the parallel cards will be either silver or gold foil stamped depending on which set they are, too.
I see they've put John 'Sam' Bradley up twice...he's under David 'Walder Frey' Bradley too. Big Grin Easy mistake to make on names...definitely not on appearance. Big Grin

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apart from the R1 and R2 costume/relic cards there appears to be another one numbered to 56!

Its R1A. It appears to be part of the leather strap as opposed to the cloth. Pulled from the Archive Box, so assuming its only found in the archive box with it being limited to 56!

Posts: 61 | Location: Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom | Registered: June 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Liking the pictures so far... a bit lol at some of the early prices on eBay!

The gold parallel base are lovely but still think it would be too hard and expensive to complete a set. Aiming for a gold relationship set though.

Oona Chaplin is the only signer i've seen so far with black & blue ink signatures.

The relics seem to be mixed fabric as with the previous banners which is cool.

The case topper is a huge improvement on the S2 issue.

Really excited for my box to arrive now!

I'd like most of the big name autos (naturally!), and two characters are firm favourites so will buy again, only a couple other new signers which should be affordable so this set for me is mainly going to be the chase inserts and parallel base, which I am fine with Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Here are some fantastic sketchards from Sean Pence:
https://twitter.com/SeanPence/...578112/photo/1/large

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was able to get the bordered Ygritte and Brienne I wanted from this new series for $43 just now, and had I got those 2 autographs out a box, I'd have been very happy indeed. This way, I even have $20 left over.

I'm definitely going to pick up a few boxes to try for a sketch and the XL Talisa autograph, but with so many repeat signers, and me being a guy who just wants one signed card from each character (there are a few exceptions), singles are definitely the way to go this time around.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I bought my first (and probably ever) case of this, and it should arrive Friday. I leave work at 5, have to mow the lawn Frown, and should be cracking it open at about 8pm. Can't wait!

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a few Cards for this as well. Those pence cards are great.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow! Superb work, Mr. Cover!
The final march of Robb Stark is horrific and beautiful all at once.

posted Hide Post
Thank you, I knew others would do that sequence so i picked the not obvious scene to depict.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually I wanted to draw the horse, sue me. lol.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
Great work Cover, my favorites are the Robb and that Helm N Sword pieceSmile
I'm starting to post cards on my DA, here's a few I did for this s3 set

GoT Gallery link-)http://daviddeb.deviantart.com/gallery/37133249

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks David, You're the man on these cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Looks like everyone did a beyond superb job on the sketches. Truly mini masterpieces. Too bad they're all going to be out of my price range.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous sketches Mr. Cover and Mr.Deb. The 3 eyed raven is always creepy to me but I like it. I would be thrilled to have any of them in my collection should the be in any of my boxes.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Fantastic artwork! Thumb Up
Pulling any one of those would be a dream come true.

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to say that this is a beautiful set. Lets not dwell on the autos and sketch cards all the time. The Relationships cards are perfect. Just beautiful! The quotables still look great, with that black velvet look trim on the side. I just love cards with a little border design. I would like to see more of the base cards with some boarder pop.. Anyway, great job on this set. Metal

Posts: 7 | Location: 60563 | Registered: May 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post