Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 3
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
If he's a method actor, you have to remember, his character is missing his fingers on one hand making it hard for him to sign, plus he's only just now learned to read and write in the first place.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I'm a bit surprised they haven't made a full bleed Sean Bean autograph.

I think the time has come and gone for Bean. So far they have not extended any autographs beyond the seasons that the characters appeared and a bunch are killed off every season.

They could always go back I guess, if the actors are willing to sign, but with such a large cast they probably don't need to do it.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bean could still appear in future episodes in flashback sequences, so there's a chance for another that way. Also, the spirits of the Stark ancestors are supposed to still exist under Winterfell (or something like that), so perhaps if Brandon Stark ever makes it back there, he could have a scene with his father's spirit then, given his psychic abilities.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I'm a bit surprised they haven't made a full bleed Sean Bean autograph.

I think the time has come and gone for Bean. So far they have not extended any autographs beyond the seasons that the characters appeared and a bunch are killed off every season.

They could always go back I guess, if the actors are willing to sign, but with such a large cast they probably don't need to do it.

Well, they are including Gethin Anthony and Nonso Anonzie in this set, and they are both dead in the show. I agree with you that the casts are so large, they just don't need to repeat people from season one. I could see them making an exception for Sean Bean, though.

I am pretty happy about the Thomas Brodie Sangster autograph. In the books, that character was a complete non-entity for me, but I like what they are doing in the show.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Great signer list, and most of the autographs I am interested in are only in the limited band! I can understand how costumes and relics are unlikely to be included while the show is still running and the characters don't change clothes all that much. I love how so many people are willing to sign - it is a shame about Diana Rigg and Liam Cunningham, and I think the others I'd have liked to see are James Cosmo, Ciaran Hinds and Joe Dempsie. Though that is an incredibly small number of non-signers for such a giganamous cast list that it's hard for me to complain really!

I'd love to see Indira Varma and Burn Gorman autographs in season 4, I'll just put that one out there now Smile

I would be surprised if Game of Thrones card sets finish when the show finishes; in my opinion it seems like the kind of franchise that could have 'spin off' card sets that cover the whole show years after it's gone, which would allow for revisiting, especially for the new blue and gold autograph designs. (Without double checking I'd say there are 8 or so actors signing for season 3 whose characters didn't appear) I really like Hedgehog Witch's idea of dual autographs in the future too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On duals, I'd like:

Jaime and Cersei
Jaime and Brienne
Tyrion and Shae
Tyrion and Bronn
Jon and Ygritte
Dany and Drogo
Ned and Catelyn
Arya and the Hound
Sansa and the Hound
Arya and Syrio
Arya and Gendry
Theon and Yara (Asha)
Theon and Ramsey Snow
Catelyn and Robb
Robb and Talisa (Jeyne)
Bran and Hodor
Meera and Jojen
Dany and Jorah
Tyrion and Podrick
Stannis and Melisandre
Stannis and Davos
Tywin and Tyrion
Arya and J'aqen
Varys and Petyr Baelish
Lady Olenna and Margaery
Bran and Maester Luwin

and that's just to name a few!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
On duals, I'd like:

Jaime and Cersei
Jaime and Brienne
Tyrion and Shae
Tyrion and Bronn
Jon and Ygritte
Dany and Drogo
Ned and Catelyn
Arya and the Hound
Sansa and the Hound
Arya and Syrio
Arya and Gendry
Theon and Yara (Asha)
Theon and Ramsey Snow
Catelyn and Robb
Robb and Talisa (Jeyne)
Bran and Hodor
Meera and Jojen
Dany and Jorah
Tyrion and Podrick
Stannis and Melisandre
Stannis and Davos
Tywin and Tyrion
Arya and J'aqen
Varys and Petyr Baelish
Lady Olenna and Margaery
Bran and Maester Luwin

and that's just to name a few!

I think that covers the dual auto dream set. Big Grin Any of those would be fantastic in the future...

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zinc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
If he's a method actor, you have to remember, his character is missing his fingers on one hand making it hard for him to sign, plus he's only just now learned to read and write in the first place.

Thumb Up
I adore your sense of humour!!
Bouncey

Posts: 30 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I wish they would move to having dual autos than just repeating single signers over and over. After a while it's bound to depreciate the autos if they keep making new ones.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In general personally I strongly prefer the single autos. . . There are a few exceptions -- Penn and Teller, for example is a great dual auto. . . For GoT, I like the individual autos. . . I'd much rather see auto'd costume cards than dual autos.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dual autos would be one way to provide something different, but simply not getting the same people to sign over and over at all would solve part of the problem.

This set has 41 autographs (not counting the case incentive fluff) and only 18 are new signers. Fine to get the major players like Headey, Dinklage and so forth to sign again, especially when they were so rare before that most people won't have them, but how many Conleth Hill autographs does anyone really need?

That's not to mention the new (at the time) cast members they didn't even get. If I had to guess, I'd say they came unstuck trying to get some of the other new signers and had to go back to some of the previous ones to make up the numbers.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I feel like they are putting too many autos in this product. I'm guessing costumes are hard to come by and therefore auto/costume cards are out of the picture. Would just love to see more sketches or prop cards or something. Each set has so many autos, they just keep making different styles now to make them different. Now it's the blue auto collection and gold autos. I don't know about anybody else, but 1 auto per actor is enough for me.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You are not going to see releases with large numbers of costumes/props until the series ends but I believe Rittenhouse will come through at that point, they have a very good record of obtaining memorabilia.

Sketches in large numbers will be very tough because of likeness rights issues. I would like to see more sketches even if they are mainly locations and creatures. I don't expect one per box but would like to think two per case would be possible.

Personally other than a box or two in the hopes of hitting a big auto I am just going to get singles of characters I have not got yet.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yeah same, I plan to do that across all of the sets, I don't need 3 or 4 autos for the same characters.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Yeah same, I plan to do that across all of the sets, I don't need 3 or 4 autos for the same characters.

That would depend on the character. I like that they have multiples on the major ones because at least some versions are reasonably affordable, even if some others are not.

I agree that minor characters should be left at 1 border and 1 full bleed. Also it should be in consecutive years, but the problem with that is a lot of characters don't last 2 seasons. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
I think there are some similarities to the never ending Star Trek autograph series. GOT should be on for at least 5-7 years giving RA a ton of signing possibilities.
I see the 3 styles of autos as being one more style than James Bond's 2 styles.
Best to All,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't mind multiple signers at all. . .

I really like what RA has done with the GoT license. . . if I were them I wouldn't change much at all. . .

There are a ton of characters so a ton of autographs is awesome, and some of the autographs -- even the relatively easy to obtain autographs are fairly pricy so I'm really happy to see repeats -- it gives me more of a chance to pull them!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New Blue Variants

I like them, the only issue is they are coming out before they do the "Bordered" & "Full Bleed" ones. I have been collecting all of the Bordered ones and would have liked them to have released these "Blue" Variants after they did the standard Full bleed and bordered ones.

Carice van Houten as Melissandre (Blue) Limited
Kristofer Hivju as Tormund Giantsbane (Blue) Limited
Iwan Rheon as Ramsay Snow (Blue) Limited
Ellie Kendrick as Meera Reed (Blue) Limited
Thomas Brodie Sangster as Jojen Reed (Blue) Limited
Hannah Murray as Gilly (Blue) Limited
Noah Taylor as Locke (Blue)
Anton Lesser as Qyburn (Blue)
John Stahl as Rickard Karstark (Blue)

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing RA is mixing things up to keep interest over the next few years. Not having Emilia Clarke would normally make me think of a premium on the Season 1&2 autos BUT she may show up as a "Blue" in next years product.
Hmmm,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
I like them, the only issue is they are coming out before they do the "Bordered" & "Full Bleed" ones. I have been collecting all of the Bordered ones and would have liked them to have released these "Blue" Variants after they did the standard Full bleed and bordered ones.

It definitely makes a lot more sense for Rittenhouse to release the blue border versions of new signers before they go back to the older two styles if they want people to actively chase the blue cards - it's pretty clear a lot of people would have the same mind set as yourself (me included) regarding just collecting bordered/FB, so if they release the blue version first people will buy them because there is no better alternative at that point, then interest will still be high the second time round because people are interested in getting the better design to replace the first one they have. If they released the more popular design first, people wouldn't be as interested the second time as there'd not be as much incentive to want them.

This may be a bit cynical but I think looking at some of their past sets I would say this is Rittenhouse's general strategy (I would do the same probably, I'm not judging) For example there are some awkward screenshot image choices on the Eureka autographs especially, and the ones they released as an expansion (which definitely looks like an abandoned second set) which I would assume the actors signed at the same time, use a lot brighter, nicer, promotional photos and a quirkier fence design, including the iconic sheriff uniform that the main character wears about 95% of the time in the show but for whatever reason wasn't pictured in on his autograph in the first set. Just an observation! While I'm at it releasing a signer as Very Limited in their first set then 'common' in the following one...

I do personally like the blue cards more than the bordered versions myself, mind! (I think I like those gold ones more than any of them Big Grin) so I'm happy to get some for now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post