Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Game of Thrones Season 3
 Login/Join
 
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The scenes are fantastic, but I love the three dragons.

As for people not dwelling on the sketches and the autographs all the time, I get your point addition, but it ain't gonna happen. Big Grin

These are the Holy Grails. These babies are unaffordable to most collectors. Getting a chance at them is what motivates the box and case buyers. Base sets and inserts, no matter how nice, are always available and without the premium hits the cards wouldn't be worth the cost of the sealed product. That's why the hits get so much attention, and rightfully so.
 
Posts: 8932 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
OK, so I got the bordered Ygritte and Brienne I wanted from this new series for $43 earlier this week and I just spent another $79 for some more singles, so for the same price as two boxes ($122), I now have: .

Season 3 Case Topper Card H10
Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark Bordered Autograph
Ian Hanmore as Pyat Pree Bordered Autograph
Gemma Whelan as Yara Greyjoy Full Bleed Auto
Noah Taylor as Locke Autograph Card
Gwendoline Christe Bordered Brienne Auto
Rose Leslie Bordered Ygritte Auto

So that's like 3 autos per box, and ones I wanted, plus the case topper as a bonus.

Granted I missed the chance for a sketch or the Oona Chaplin XL auto, but it's pretty long odds for either of those on only 2 boxes, so today, I'm slightly even more pleased with myself than usual. Big Grin

____________________
Everywhere around this burg they're running out of verbs, adverbs, and adjectives. Everywhere around this town, they're running out of nouns.
 
Posts: 3034 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
So that's like 3 autos per box, and ones I wanted, plus the case topper as a bonus.

Granted I missed the chance for a sketch or the Oona Chaplin XL auto, but it's pretty long odds for either of those on only 2 boxes, so today, I'm slightly even more pleased with myself than usual. Big Grin


As with nearly all product, if you are only interested in certain autographs and there is a large autograph list, a collector would always come out better buyng the individual cards than spending money on boxes and hoping to get them. True you pay full market price, but you aren't wasting money on stuff you don't want.

GOT is a bit different in that it does pay to pick up some sealed product, at least for me. The base set and insert sets are well done and, if you are a fan of the show, even minor characters can be important to the story.

Also you do have those fantastic sketches and at least 4 or 5 autographs that you might not be able to afford as a buy. There is always the chance that you can pull one of those rare gems.

So with these GOT cards I have found it good policy to look for groups of autographs individually, but still pick up some blind boxes.
 
Posts: 8932 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I got very lucky once and pulled an Emilia Clark auto from a single, purchased box. That said, didn't get so lucky this time, but that's ok. For around $100 I was able to get Carice Van Hoten, Sophie Turner and Gwendoline Christie autos. For serious GoT fans, this series is a dream In terms of autographs. For collectors, it's a nightmare for completists. But I love it and think the sets are very well done!

____________________
Anne Welles - "You've got to climb Mount Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls."

 
Posts: 3038 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
So that's like 3 autos per box, and ones I wanted, plus the case topper as a bonus.

Granted I missed the chance for a sketch or the Oona Chaplin XL auto, but it's pretty long odds for either of those on only 2 boxes, so today, I'm slightly even more pleased with myself than usual. Big Grin


As with nearly all product, if you are only interested in certain autographs and there is a large autograph list, a collector would always come out better buyng the individual cards than spending money on boxes and hoping to get them. True you pay full market price, but you aren't wasting money on stuff you don't want.

GOT is a bit different in that it does pay to pick up some sealed product, at least for me. The base set and insert sets are well done and, if you are a fan of the show, even minor characters can be important to the story.

Also you do have those fantastic sketches and at least 4 or 5 autographs that you might not be able to afford as a buy. There is always the chance that you can pull one of those rare gems.

So with these GOT cards I have found it good policy to look for groups of autographs individually, but still pick up some blind boxes.


I've found Group Archive Breaks is really the way to go with Game of Thrones if looking to grab certain cards. Sure there is that chance of bad picks but hardly anyone comes away with no value.
For $200 I managed a Oona Chaplin, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Carice Van Houten, Sophie Turner, Tobias Menzies, Gemma Whelan,and I've still got two cards incoming.

____________________
"What if packs of cards could file sexual harassment?"

NON-SPORTS COLLECTION


Castle Complete Set (55/55=100%!)
 
Posts: 9 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: June 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MileHigh AI3:
I've found Group Archive Breaks is really the way to go with Game of Thrones if looking to grab certain cards. Sure there is that chance of bad picks but hardly anyone comes away with no value.
For $200 I managed a Oona Chaplin, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Carice Van Houten, Sophie Turner, Tobias Menzies, Gemma Whelan,and I've still got two cards incoming.
I have to agree about the Group Archive Box Breaks. I've been very lucky and am way ahead on my investment due to some early picks. I take the chance to begin with because even with the lower picks you get something decent for the price of a spot in the break.
Best to All,
VinnyH
PS: my case was average, no sketch, no relic but both black ink variations with Chaplin and Houten

____________________
I have 1 case of Game of Thrones season 4 pre-ordered. I get the feeling we will be seeing sets for a few more seasons.
 
Posts: 101 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Season 3

© Non-Sport Update 2013