Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 3
 Login/Join

posted
Initial details of the Game of Thrones Season 3 set have been posted on the Rittenhouse website.

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...ason_three/index.cfm

The gold autograph cards look really nice!!

Posts: 61 | Location: Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom | Registered: June 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sadly, still no Liam Cunningham.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I haven't been following closely so I don't know whether this is old news, but Rittenhouse has posted a photo on their Facebook page of a Carice Van Houten autograph card featuring another new card design:
https://www.facebook.com/photo...evant_count=1&ref=nf

I love how willing the vast majority of the cast is to sign autographs! Smile So new designs seemed likely - I don't collect any particular design but I quite like this one!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Mackenzie Crook, Paul Kaye, Thomas Sangster and Clive Russell are four I am hoping to see.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Mackenzie Crook, Paul Kaye, Thomas Sangster and Clive Russell are four I am hoping to see.

I had sent my custom GOT cards to these actors. Had success with all of them except Mackenzie.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This was posted by Steve on the RA boards yesterday:

"The GOT checklist will be posted tomorrow, with a list of the sketch card artists and relic cards. Sketches will be inserted approx. every other case, and same for the relics. This year, we have many more sketches than what we had last year, and fewer relics this year. The full autograph list will be posted as we get closer to the release date, as we're still working on adding some names. However, we do not expect to add any major actors/characters to the list of autographs beyond the ones who have already been posted to the website."

So it looks like we can expect the preliminary checklist some time today...

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
..... and here it is:

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...cklist.cfm?SetID=299

Thanks...Hoping the autograph list will get posted soon.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Are the sketches just like season two where we have no character images approved?

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vader Fan:
Are the sketches just like season two where we have no character images approved?

yeah, they tried their best, hopefully next set Wink

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
The Relics are disappointing, but increased sketches are great news and gives me more money to spend on autos Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Thanks...Hoping the autograph list will get posted soon.[/QUOTE]

Let me go out on a limb and say that the main cast will all be XL or VL, and the ones you are less familiar with will be commons. Razz

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Thanks...Hoping the autograph list will get posted soon.

Let me go out on a limb and say that the main cast will all be XL or VL, and the ones you are less familiar with will be commons. Razz[/QUOTE]

That might be true, but for some reason I have pulled more main cast member autographs from both GOT Seasons 1 and 2 than any other TV/Movie card product that I can name. Maybe it's because there are so many characters that play large roles in the story or maybe its just my luck with this title, but I have gotten good value here and hope it holds up.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Full checklist with all autographs is now up on RA's site:

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...cklist.cfm?SetID=299

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
A shame Oona Chaplin is an Extremely Limited, loving her in 'The Crimson Field' right now. Also a shame that two other ELs are also the multi-case incentive signers, in a different design/colour. But there's plenty of the other signers I'd be very happy to find. As with all GoT releases so far,most of the autographs are ones I'd be happy with. Smile Great to see that Carice van Houten is only Limited, that's one I really want. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I was kind of surprised that four of the bigger names didn't sign this time around. Two of those characters bite the dust in Season 3, so I was hoping for at least one more autograph from them both.

And not including Clarke really hurts. Frown

Still an impressive autograph list with the golds and blues added, just that the other two sets got me spoiled I guess. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was surprised there were no cards for Richard Madden and Michelle Fairley and not for Emilia Clarke...especially as they'd signed for the other sets. There was also an opening for a dual or two.
But, yes, we've been spoiled by the first two sets. Big Grin It's nice that most of the minor character auto cards are worthwhile, and none of that 'Receptionist #2 in hotel' random autos other sets do which are basically of little interest or worth. The beauty of GoT is the sheer size of the character/cast list. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit surprised they haven't made a full bleed Sean Bean autograph.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh well..Was hoping they would get Liam Cunningham to sign.

Picture of Zinc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Oh well..Was hoping they would get Liam Cunningham to sign.

Me too!! Frown

Posts: 30 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post