Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Sainsbury's Lego Card Incredible Inventions

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/6297017096

August 28, 2018, 04:30 AM
JOHN LEVITT
Sainsbury's Lego Card Incredible Inventions
Sainsbury's today release a new series of the Lego cards that were such a hit last year.140 cards to collect. 1 packet per £10 spent Album £2.50 with two packets. Booster packets 50p Available 28th August to 4 October.

regards

John Levitt

August 28, 2018, 10:09 AM
wolfie
we asked about these in our local Sainsburys and they knew nothing about them. Roll Eyes

August 28, 2018, 12:31 PM
JOHN LEVITT
Wolfie

This morning I heard on local radio an advert for them and then did an online search for find out the details. I believe some of the information may have released a week ago.

It is not surprising that the staff who have to give them out may be the last to know.

It may well be Thursday before I have an opportunity visit a store.

regards

John

August 28, 2018, 03:48 PM
wolfie
Apparantly our store is now giving them out one day after knowing nothing about it. Shake Head

Tons of packs for sale on ebay. so much for having to spend £10 to get one.

August 31, 2018, 09:09 AM
hammer
If anybody wants to trade later on let me know
August 31, 2018, 11:57 AM
JOHN LEVITT
I may well although I have only two duplicates at the moment.

I visited a store yesterday as part of the weekly shop and all they had were the the giveaways no album and no packets for sale at 50p.

Today I was fortunate that a visit to another local town gave me the opportunity to visit their Sainsbury's and i was able to buy the album plus 10 packets, 5 of the packets contained 6 cards instead of the 4 shown on the wrapper.

I have over 50 different numbers of the 140 with a least 18 different backs. The backs have different coloured Lego bricks to enable the game of Dominos to be played.

regards

John

September 01, 2018, 01:47 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I may well although I have only two duplicates at the moment.

I visited a store yesterday as part of the weekly shop and all they had were the the giveaways no album and no packets for sale at 50p.

Today I was fortunate that a visit to another local town gave me the opportunity to visit their Sainsbury's and i was able to buy the album plus 10 packets, 5 of the packets contained 6 cards instead of the 4 shown on the wrapper.

I have over 50 different numbers of the 140 with a least 18 different backs. The backs have different coloured Lego bricks to enable the game of Dominos to be played.

regards

John

I've got a few and will be getting more. Once I get close (or if I get close!) I will post a trade list. My first priority is a set then look at the backs
September 08, 2018, 10:48 AM
Raj
Anyone know where there is checklist for these. The ones I've seen only seem to mention the regular cards. In the first pack I opened, there seems to be a gold variant.
September 08, 2018, 02:40 PM
JOHN LEVITT
Raj

That would be either card 139 or 140. I have both and I have yet to see a normal version for either so I believe that the Gold version was intended. I am need about 19 or so to complete the basic set and I have about 90 back variant versions/ The album contains a list of all 140.

regards

John

September 09, 2018, 08:00 AM
Raj
quote:
Raj

That would be either card 139 or 140. I have both and I have yet to see a normal version for either so I believe that the Gold version was intended. I am need about 19 or so to complete the basic set and I have about 90 back variant versions/ The album contains a list of all 140.

regards

John

Thanks, John. It is card 139.
September 10, 2018, 02:43 AM
hammer
Yes 139 and 140 are "gold"
September 11, 2018, 03:38 AM
hammer
Collation of a pack contents are very poor. Had a pack with 1 card in, several with 5 and one pack had 7 cards in when they are supposed to have 4 cards per pack!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,
September 14, 2018, 08:51 AM
hammer
quote:
Raj

regards

John

John, the backs are never ending, I have 2 sets plus extra's with different backs totalling 615 cards