Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Product Announcement: James Bond Mission Logs
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Product Announcement: James Bond Mission Logs
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
You lot can have the autographs, i am loving the chance to expand my sets of villians and allies etc.

Let's hear it for the little collector. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
Hi X,my moan was,how many,not who,although I was looking forward to full bleeds of
Andreas Wisniewski, Anne Lomberg and i ve already got my space ready for Anatole Taubman, Elvis in Quantum in my book,i was planning on an archive box (thats why i moan)but it ardly seems worth that now for 16 inc Lana Wood repeat
so now I may get a case,my last case (by the way) was a dieaster,5 full bleed very limited (alright I wasn t expecting Daniel Craig) but I didn t have any,the only very limited I had was the Olga K 40th,then someone here tried to offer a swap for 3 minor cards,knowing about my case misery (like I came down in the last shower)
So i ll have to get a case and hope for swaps for the full bleeds i don t get,Brosnan + Craig i ll probably get on ebay,$400 is a bit optimistic though,i paid over £300 for the last daniel craig.

I understood perfectly that you were dissapointed with the quantity of full-bleed cards. All I was saying is that even though you 'only' get 16 full-bleeds they are arguably the 'better' cards. Also because Brosnan, for example, could cost say $600 - that is the equivalent 10 x $60 full-bleed cards. Brosnan & Craig could easily run to $1,000 together and that is before you've purchased the other 36 autographs, props, case incentives etc.

Expensive cards cost a lot for collectors to aquire and provide a lot of value for dealers to sell so RA does not need to overload this product with more cards just for the sake of it.

Do you think many collectors could really afford a 60+ card auto run + Craig & Brosnan as well?

Let's just say I'm certainly glad I gave up going after master sets a long time ago.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I agree with RP01's comments that the 40th style cards here are aimed much more at the hardcore Bond fans. It's hard to argue otherwise when you are getting an autograph from a character with a name like "Spectre #3"! The full-bleed cards are much more 'mainstream' with more obvious appeal.

Given the numbering is edging towards 200 cards it is pretty obvious it's all getting 'a bit Trek' where collecting the sheer quantity of cards becomes an ever more daunting task and we will inevitably see ever more obscure names, but I don't think that is a bad thing. Not every name can be an A-lister and every actor played their part, no matter how small, so I'm pleased to see RA continue to offer such a comprehensive collection. 5 more Brosnan era 40th cards makes this collector very happy, even if I can't add Brosnan just yet.

Re: Ursula Andress - at one point, didn't RA think that her 40th/WoB cards were not going to happen at all after a bit of a delay/communications break down or something and then they were surprised and relieved that she came through in the end? They were meant to be in the 2004 Quotable set (so were obviously a work in progress before then) and didn't get released until 2007 in Complete Bond.
I'm sure Steve is no doubt trying to convince her to do a full-bleed (which would no doubt be a stunning card) as she is generally a good signer, but given the difficulties encountered previously, I wouldn't hold your breath chiefbrody.

Wolfie - I too am very excited to expand the chase sets. They're just very 'expected' so are much less of a talking point. Probably most looking forward to the new Femme Fatales as Women in Motion is one of my favourite RA sets and the orange foil looked great. It's cool to see a large new chase set has been produced focusing on the main character himself. Ideally I'd like to see more chase sets in future that incorporate different printing methods. The silver etched foil Women of Bond cards from inkworks are some of my favourite insert cards to date.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by X:
I agree with RP01's comments that the 40th style cards here are aimed much more at the hardcore Bond fans. It's hard to argue otherwise when you are getting an autograph from a character with a name like "Spectre #3"! The full-bleed cards are much more 'mainstream' with more obvious appeal.
QUOTE]

I have to say (with no offence to anyone) what a lot of tosh,so what do i have to do to be a die hard/hardcore bond fan ? prefer little peek-a-boo photos on a piece of white card ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cheifbrody,

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by X:
QUOTE]

I have to say (with no offence to anyone) what a lot of tosh,so what do i have to do to be a die hard/hardcore bond fan ? prefer little peek-a-boo photos on a piece of white card ?

Count to 10 and relax. I'm not insulting you or any other collector. Again, you are totally misunderstanding what I have written.

The 40th style autos for this set are of more obscure signers that less people will have heard of. There are NO really big names on 40th cards this time around. They are the kinds of signers most casual collectors will ignore. The kinds of signers only hardcore collectors/Bond fans will go out of their way to chase down.

The full-bleeds for this set are of much more famous signers that many more people will have heard of. When you have the likes of Pierce Brosnan, Daniel Craig, Joanna Lumley etc. the cards have more mainstream appeal amongst most collectors. Hardcore Bond fans will want these cards (obviously) but so will people who are not just Bond fanatics.

Collecting neither style of card makes a collector a die-hard fan. I was simply stating that, in my opinion, the 'lesser' names featured on the 40th style cards in this set have a less broad appeal.

You're making a moot point anyway beacause how could I ever suggest full-bleed collectors are less die-hard fans than 40th collectors? Rittenhouse release near enough every bloody card in every style nowadays anyway - so we're all collecting esentially the same stuff whatever the format! Roll Eyes

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'm going to sound like a complete noob when it comes to trading cards, but can someone explain what is a full bleed Auto compared to a normal one is please?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
No worries. 'Full-bleed' autographs are auto cards where the image covers the majority of the card and stretches to edges with a small white space at the bottom for the signature.

Many find the full-bleeds more appealing than the 40th style and Women of Bond cards because the latter two styles have much smaller photos on a large white background with additional text that takes up further space.

Page 2 of this thread has images of some full-bleed cards for this set. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yep,misread,this time round was the words i missed,x we're may never agree,i read earlier you called tomorrow never dies your fav brosnan bond film,that film (apart from the scenes with q and dr kaufman) s my 22nd fav bond film.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thank you X I fully understand now what everyone means when they talk about "Full Bleed" Autos Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
Looks like someone has got these early as they are now on eBay.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Horseshoe:
Looks like someone has got these early as they are now on eBay.

Dave.

...with some VERY optimistic pricing! Can't see many people paying $100 for a relic card limited to 800+ even if they are the first to market.

Still, nice to see some images. Thanks for the heads-up Dave.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I love ALL the Bond cards Rittenhouse has done; base cards, chase cards, promos, full bleed, half bleed, Women of Bond Style. I don't prefer one type over the other and enthusiastically collect them all, variants included. As M once said when asked what Bond was doing, "His job!" And my job is collecting all these great cards! And I love my job!

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I was checking out Rittenhouses checklist for this set and it says that the Pierce Brosnan Auto is Extremely Limited, what exactly does that mean?
How likely are you to get one in a case?

And how come the Full Bleed Autos aren't numbered?

Sorry for all the questions Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yes,brosnon + craig have the bold red extremely limited,it's clear what that means,i m not going to have either in my case Razz

the heroes and villains craig was very limited and he did around 200,so its less than that.

full bleed auto's started off as one case incentive cards here and there, (richard kiel,shirley eaton + myriam d'abo) they were not numbered because at the time rittenhouse had no intention of releasing these style auto's ( until fans of them really pushed Wink )

all autograph cards are better off with no number,this means i can put the dr no's to quantum of solice together by film,40th anniv collectors have johnathan pryce fron tomorrow never dies at #1

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cheifbrody, that makes sense and I must say I love the look of the Full Bleeds.
I'd love a Brosnan Auto Drool but I'm guessing they are going to be very expensive Eek

posted Hide Post
I think the cards are done very well. Some very nice images of Brosnan this time.

Anybody know much about the archive boxes? Are these just dealer incentive? Will the price of one of the mission log ones be very high given the Craig & Brosnan inserts? I guess so...

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
My guess, mission logs archive boxes will be over $1000.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I expect them to be well over $1000.

$1500 - $2000.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many actually get produced?, and are these just for dealers? Looking at the checklist and other case incentive cards, does that mean a mission logs archive box will have 2 Daniel Craig autos in? (one full bleed, and one auto/costume card)

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The incentives are now up on eBay.

The 3 Case incentive is numbered to 199.
The 9 case incentive is numbered to 150.

Does anyone know how many boxes have been produced?

Dave.