Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Product Announcement: James Bond Mission Logs
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Product Announcement: James Bond Mission Logs
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RP01:
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I can't believe it either. We definately have a full bleed Brosnan coming in Mission Logs (as per Steve's comments on the RA boards) and we could well have a 40th syle Craig as well which has to come out at some point. Not to diminish RA but to get two very current and very popular A-listers like Brosnan and Craig really is quite surprising and does speak volumes about effort RA puts into each set. If they can get these two on board I hold high hopes for future releases (Connery and Rigg being the only two I will never hold my breath for). I'll cross my fingers for Timothy Dalton and Christopher Walken.

Seriously, once RA have put out Brosnan and Craig on 40th style cards they could call it a day on Bond cards as far as I am concerned and I'd be very happy. That said, I know they would keep putting out great new sets with great new signers which would literally be the icing on the cake.

I shall too be saving, failing that I will sell a kidney. I'm even going to break my "no-full-bleeds" rule but I don't care. Brosnan is my Bond or the theBond 'of my generation', so for me, trading cards can never get any better than this.

Hmmm, less impressed that it's full-bleed, I have to admit (all the best cards always seem to come out in full-bleed first). But providing a 40th Ann version comes out at some point, I shall be more than happy...and if I'm honest, the full-bleeds are quite attractive cards in their own right - but just not as complete or "Bond-esque" as the 40th Anniversary series, IMO.

I agree with you that Connery, Rigg and probably Bianchi too are pretty unlikely to ever happen. I wrote to Connery requesting an autograph recently and I did get a response, although I'm pretty sure the autograph's a secretarial.

Not sure I'd want Rittenhouse to call it a day with the Bond licence though...not until the Bond franchise has come to an end altogether, although I can't see that happening any time soon.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want RA to stop Bond cards, and with many more Bond films on the horizon I doubt they would give up the licence, but if they did I'd be content now.

The 40th style Brosnan is THE card I want too but if its in the pipe-line, I can wait. I don't mind full-bleeds coming out first, I find it generally helps the next card from the same signer be more affordable as the novelty has worn off somewhat.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I m very impressed the brosnan card will be full bleed Thumb Up,hoping for around 30 of these style cards again like last time,
expecting gabrielle fezetti,corinne clery,joanna lumley to,the 40th anniv are (in my opinion) dull cards,when I had my last bond case,I didn t get any of the 5 very limited full bleed cards,so where were the 40th anniv fanatics when I needed to swap ?
and where's the ursula andress full bleed ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine if they were ever able to get Connery?

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
BBC James Bond Archives. View them while you can.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
check out the 2011 preview page for some nice pictures of new autos including a major villian i have wanted for a while

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
From the 2011 Preview:

Cool to see another Craig auto. I'm thinking 50th anniversary set will be when we get the 40th style! Hopefully by then the full-bleeds will depress its price somewhat by then.

The Paluzzi card looks terrible with the white signing area obscuring half her face.

Zerbe, Madsen and Stephens are nice images and I'm very pleased, and I must admit surprised, to see two high calibre Die Another Day signers added. With Stephens' participation, all the Brosnan villains are now covered. Clap

With the already announced Brosnan it looks like its shaping up to be a nice set.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
now all we need is rosmand pike and halle berry.........

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
The Paluzzi card looks terrible with the white signing area obscuring half her face.

Yes, the photo should have been cropped higher or pulled in tighter on that one.

But I love the full bleeds. Luv You

It really doesn't even matter in what set. It is the best format for on card autographs to me. Smile

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
Toby Stephens is another nice surprise

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
The pic of Craig is nice . I don't have him yet and i was going to pick up the last one if i could find a trustworthy dealer for Craig and Famke Janssen. I may just wait for the next one.
I for one prefer the Full bleed auto's over the 40th style. Just like the bigger picture i guess .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
fantastic Thumb Up

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I found a pic of the Brosnan card. Very snazzy!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that is a sweet card. hopefully i'll be able to obtain one when the product comes out.

Posts: 20 | Location: CLEARWATER,FL | Registered: April 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Fantastic looking card. Great image and a nice sig. Craig could learn a thing of two. Razz

Thanks robomole!

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That is a nice card, nice picture, proper autograph, something you would like to look at if you owned it which is not allways the case.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! I LOVE THAT CARD!!!! pushed me into 2 cases I NEED THAT CARD!!!!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can only echo the other comments. That card looks pretty amazing and great choice of image - probably the most iconic publicity shot of Brosnan as Bond.

Btw, the same website that picture is from has the insert ration at 1 relic and 2 autographs per box. So it looks like this will be another set with autographs galore! (pun only semi-intended Smile)

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
AWESOME

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
And its a much better signature than what Craig laid down. Super card! Luv You

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TDSA
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Thanks Robomole for the pic of the autograph. This is one of the best James Bond autograph that I have seen and one Bond fans have been waiting for. Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery are my favorite James Bond. Maybe one day Connery will sign for a set.
TDSA

Posts: 163 | Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States | Registered: March 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post