Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2016 Star Wars Masterwork
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2016 Star Wars Masterwork
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
Star Wars Masterwork is returning for a second year with 1 "hit" per pack.

Main autographs are on-card and more than 70 signers anticipated.

New memorabilia include pieces of ROTJ Death Star.

All the details: http://www.beckett.com/news/20...tar-wars-masterwork/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man these look good. I am currently looking at a box but at 330euros I am find it hard to justify the price. But man some of the box breaks have looked well cool

Posts: 22 | Location: Cyprus | Registered: March 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Last year's Masterwork set is my favorite of all the recent Star Wars releases. But overall my favorite is still the 30th Anniversary set from 2007 largely due to having so many behind-the-scenes people who never signed again, including the legendary John Williams. Not to mention the first ever Star Wars Harrison Ford autograph. This 2016 Masterwork set will be huge though, and even more so if they somehow get Daisy Ridley to sign by then.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am extremely tempted but the things that put me off is the medallions and factory patches. For the prices they ask for I would rather had real relics all round.

Posts: 22 | Location: Cyprus | Registered: March 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
And people say Trek and Bond have been done to death. It feels like there is a new Star Wars set every other month.
Topps are really saturating the market but on the upside at least Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill autos are not the truly stupid money they used to be. Even Harrison Ford prices are coming down significantly.

Anyway, for all the Star Wars cards out there already, I liked the premium look of the first Masterwork autos so I am looking forward to seeing who is on this second series list of 75 signers.
I would rather Topps kept the exact auto card design from before but the new cards shown have been tweaked little enough to keep continuity and still look good.

Really interested to see the Death Star relic cards. Always nice to see genuinely new Star Wars cards.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post