Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Big Bang Theory: Season 5
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Big Bang Theory: Season 5
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they are continuing the numbering the second set! Yowza if there are 39 different costumes and 20 different autos on this release!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Hopefully they are continuing the numbering the second set! Yowza if there are 39 different costumes and 20 different autos on this release!

And who knows if they have dual wardrobe cards or not...could be a huge set.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The website images for the costume cards they show are numbered M3, M7, M19, M21, M25, M35, so it appears there are indeed 39 new ones.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
The website images for the costume cards they show are numbered M3, M7, M19, M21, M25, M35, so it appears there are indeed 39 new ones.

Yowza!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Graham
posted Hide Post
All autos and all 39 costume cards are pictured on the Cryptozoic Facebook site. Release date is given as 25 Nov and the 4x6 4 swatch card for redemption is the four boys paintball uniforms.

Posts: 165 | Location: Milton Keynes, UK | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roswellian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Graham:
All autos and all 39 costume cards are pictured on the Cryptozoic Facebook site. Release date is given as 25 Nov and the 4x6 4 swatch card for redemption is the four boys paintball uniforms.

You can also pre-order up to 2 boxes of Big Bang 5 on their website.

Posts: 126 | Location: New York | Registered: November 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Graham
posted Hide Post
There's a checklist up on the Cryptozoic web site now. Odds on memorabilia cards is given as 1 in 18 so that's 16 in a case!

Posts: 165 | Location: Milton Keynes, UK | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roswellian:

You can also pre-order up to 2 boxes of Big Bang 5 on their website.

Not if you live in the UK you can't!

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just wondering how people will react to this set.

*There's some repeat autos but Nimoy and Spinner are a big plus for the set. Cuoco isn't signing for the set though

* There's only 1 redemption instead of 2 from the previous set. That should increase the prices for the redemptions since there will only be 25 this time.

* There should be an average of 12 autos and 16 costumes per case.

* How many 'Main autos' will be in a case on average? 1-2?

* What can we expect case prices to look like? We're only 3 weeks away from release day and there's still cases available at $770 :0

* Can we still expect this set to break $1,000++ a case? BB 3/4 were selling at a high of around $1,300 a case.

Posts: 84 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
That is a good question, Heroeslost. You would need at least 3 cases to get one of each costume if you got no duplications. SO, are people going to be snatching up cases to do this? After the first two releases, I have no main cast member autos (Which I am fine with) but I have a costume cards for all of the 7 regulars (the 4 guys and 3 gals) which I am happy with.
SO, when my 2 boxes arrive, I will be glad with what I have and hope to trade for the inserts I need and feel content. If I can trade for autos/costumes that will be cool but I am not making it a priority. I will be good. I wonder how others feel?

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
I picked up a couple boxes of Seasons 1 & 2 when it first came out and didn't pull any of the main autograph cards. Then, when I saw how much those card cost, I quickly relegated the set to the bottom of my priority list. If I couldn't afford to put together the first set, I certainly wasn't going to try and start any future sets. If I happen to find the missing autograph cards at a reasonable price, I'll pick them up as I can afford.

I might try to pick up that Leonard Nimoy card, if it's not too expensive. I think it'll be a cool card with his signature with a picture of the Spock action figure.

Me tooooo! I'd love to get one if it's not too crazy Smile I'm willing to go some crazy, though Wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:

I might try to pick up that Leonard Nimoy card, if it's not too expensive.

At an educated guess, I'd say the starting price will be in the $800 - $1000 range. That's why I've only ordered one box - to pay for my vacation next year Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:

At an educated guess, I'd say the starting price will be in the $800 - $1000 range. That's why I've only ordered one box - to pay for my vacation next year Big Grin

Nimoy has done many autograph cards for the various Star Trek sets. It is a testament to his demand that the prices remain in the $200 to $300 range. The supply is there and he will likely continue to sign for many more years.

I have no idea how many cards he signed for BBT and it would be fantastic to pull one. Having said that, I wouldn't pay anymore for this card than I would for his others if I wanted his autograph.

I have said this many times before, as long as its an authenticated signature the card doesn't matter. Collectors should be looking for the cheapest card, not the most expensive one. Why pay extra just because its part of a pricey set that you will never complete anyway. If you have a choice and its the same certified autograph, why would you spend more?

Between $800 and $1,000? Never. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Star trek + Big Bang Theory+ Coolest Spock Image EVER = premium.

I am still missing his auto from Twilight zone and it has started to show up in the upper 150 to 180 range. I just have only paid 100.00 once for an auto and I don't plan on doing that anytime soon!

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kennywood:

I have said this many times before, as long as its an authenticated signature the card doesn't matter. Collectors should be looking for the cheapest card, not the most expensive one. Why pay extra just because its part of a pricey set that you will never complete anyway. If you have a choice and its the same certified autograph, why would you spend more?

Between $800 and $1,000? Never. Roll Eyes

Interesting..for me it's the reverse, it's the CARD that matters, the signature is secondary at best. heck I'd take a BLANK one if that's what it took Wink
I collect cards, not signatures. It's fun to have them, but...yeah...I like cards...

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:

Interesting..for me it's the reverse, it's the CARD that matters, the signature is secondary at best. heck I'd take a BLANK one if that's what it took Wink
I collect cards, not signatures. It's fun to have them, but...yeah...I like cards...

Exactly and that's because the focus of your collection and business is Star Trek, so you collect all things Star Trek. Whereas I consider myself an autograph collector who has determined that certified autograph cards are the most reliable way to collect my favorite celebrity signatures.

Not that I don't also have favorite sets, I do, but they are all autograph heavy and I don't feel the need to purchase everything in them in order to be complete. The lament that I keep hearing in the forums is from some members that have such focused collections, once they realize their new sets contain cards they can't possibly afford, they would rather quit buying something they enjoy. Well I would rather expand my focus and keep enjoying my hobby by not concentrating on the best cards, but on the best autographs at the best prices.

Since this is a BBT thread I'll give you a great example of what I mean and maybe a tip for some fans. In the Season 3-4 set, the main cast expanded to seven actors. All their autograph cards are expensive and rare. I never pulled any of them, not the five of the first set and not the seven of the second set. Although I like all the actors, I refuse to pay the market price for any of those cards. The autographs are not worth it to me.

However, I do own a Melissa Rauch certified autograph card. Thumb Up Its from True Blood Premier 2012 and her character was not a regular. In 2013 her BBT autograph was released and it is booking at $334 in NSU. You won't find her True Blood card listed in NSU, it is a common. I paid $25 for it and it is the same authentic on-card signature. It just cost me 92% less.

Now that's what I mean by not restricting your collecting to self imposed rules and restrictions. I like Rauch as an actress. What card she signed is not important. I'm happy to have her signature and I'm happy to keep collecting cards. Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Crypto just shipped my 2 box order for delivery on Monday. C'mon Sheldon and Mego Spock auto!

Oh, and they have the binder up for sale. I hadn't seen anyone post that yet.

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:
Crypto just shipped my 2 box order for delivery on Monday. C'mon Sheldon and Mego Spock auto!

I can't seem to find where you can buy anything from Cryptozoic on their page. Where is it?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:

I can't seem to find where you can buy anything from Cryptozoic on their page. Where is it?

http://store.cryptozoic.com/category_s/42.htm

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if anyone was going to be opening a case of these? Anyone know how many of the main 6 autographs you get in a case?
Thanks.

Posts: 20 | Location: united states | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post