Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Big Bang Theory: Season 5
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Big Bang Theory: Season 5
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Initial info is up on Cryptozic's site:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/trad...ading-cards-season-5

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Graham
posted Hide Post
There is an update on the Cryptozoic website, autos include Leonard Nimoy and Brent Spiner! There is also a Wolowitz spacesuit costume card.

Posts: 165 | Location: Milton Keynes, UK | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
That is by far the best Nimoy auto image EVER!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Graham:
There is an update on the Cryptozoic website, autos include Leonard Nimoy and Brent Spiner! There is also a Wolowitz spacesuit costume card.

I imagine a swatch of the flag on the spacesuit that has a bit of both the stars and stripes will be extremely popular.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I like the Nimoy autograph addition. I think I've seen every episode of BBT and, while Spiner and Burton both appeared, Nimoy has never been a guest star that I can recall.

However there was the episode where Penny gave Sheldon a Nimoy autograph on a Cheesecake Factory napkin for Christmas and Mr. Spock is Sheldon's idol.

Just googled it and his voice was apparently used for the Spock doll episode.

I predict that at some point the real Leonard Nimoy will make an appearance on the show. Thumb Up Maybe this year if he is signing cards.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of richscards
posted Hide Post
My 5 case order got allocated down to 6 boxes...so much for being able to get Crypto titles after the change in distribution.

Posts: 178 | Location: SF Bay Area, USA | Registered: August 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Case in point!
How anyone can tell me that this change is good IDK?!

Better for the other distributors, yes!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I like the Nimoy autograph addition. I think I've seen every episode of BBT and, while Spiner and Burton both appeared, Nimoy has never been a guest star that I can recall.

However there was the episode where Penny gave Sheldon a Nimoy autograph on a Cheesecake Factory napkin for Christmas and Mr. Spock is Sheldon's idol.

Just googled it and his voice was apparently used for the Spock doll episode.

I predict that at some point the real Leonard Nimoy will make an appearance on the show. Thumb Up Maybe this year if he is signing cards.

Pretty much the best BBT episode - ever!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is official now. This set is being released without a Cuoco autograph. So glad I got her from the last set.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Since Kaley is most likely the missing A3, I wonder if it will show up later in a later release. Similar to the Walking Dead Season 1 Andrea Auto was released in Season 2 boxes.

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering what they're going to do for the redemptions.

A dual auto costume for each couple would be sweet.

Wasn't there suppose to be sketches in this set?

Cases are still fairly cheap, should be interesting to see how high they get, I'm guessing over 1g for sure.

Posts: 84 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
Case in point!
How anyone can tell me that this change is good IDK?!

Better for the other distributors, yes!

This change was not better for the distributors in any way. In fact it hurt a lot of them, just ask the people at Southern Hobby who got nixed off the list, or the people at blowout (ok technically not a distributor).

Crypto isn't doing anything different than any publisher of comic books, or any other collectible for that matter. Yet such a fuss has been made about this policy change. Try getting the hottest comic of the year from Marvel or Dc. My buddy's shop ordered 250 copies of a certain book and received 3 due to allocations. This type of ordering happens ALL THE TIME when collectibles are ordered. I sell Magic the Gathering at my shop, and yes even that is allocated now due to popularity.

I certainly don't mean to come off as insensitive to people's situation, but quite honestly most people have no clue all the factors that go into this process.

As far as this set, I'm still looking forward to it but yes sad Kaley isn't signing. Glad I still have her older auto relic card tho.

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cujobyte:

Crypto isn't doing anything different than any publisher of comic books, or any other collectible for that matter. Yet such a fuss has been made about this policy change. Try getting the hottest comic of the year from Marvel or Dc. My buddy's shop ordered 250 copies of a certain book and received 3 due to allocations. This type of ordering happens ALL THE TIME when collectibles are ordered. I sell Magic the Gathering at my shop, and yes even that is allocated now due to popularity.

I certainly don't mean to come off as insensitive to people's situation, but quite honestly most people have no clue all the factors that go into this process.

I think the point is that this change introduces or exacerbates allocation issues that never used to exist for main stream non-sport card products.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

I think the point is that this change introduces or exacerbates allocation issues that never used to exist for main stream non-sport card products.

Actually, this isn't anything new. What's new is that it's become a public issue, mostly due to the blurring of lines between distributor, dealer and collector.

I've been allocated by just about every manufacturer out there at some point in time. Always on a hot product, and it always causes problems. But the problems aren't unique to Cryptozoic products.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
quote:

Actually, this isn't anything new. What's new is that it's become a public issue, mostly due to the blurring of lines between distributor, dealer and collector.

I've been allocated by just about every manufacturer out there at some point in time. Always on a hot product, and it always causes problems. But the problems aren't unique to Cryptozoic products.

Ed

From a collector standpoint I've never seen any manufacturer with allocation issues anywhere near this extreme. I have to admit, it gives me pause about all Cryptozoic products. . . I've ordered Sons of Anarchy from a very reliable dealer, but who knows how the distributor is going to interact with the dealer I've ordered from. The dealer could get allocated to the point that I don't get product. . . if he can order lots of product does that indicate that release going to end up being available for $29.99 a box six months after release like Alphas? If my pre-order isn't able to be filled last minute my next option will be to pay hundreds of dollars more for product I've already ordered from a reliable source. . .

Allocations certainly have been around, but I've never experienced this level of chaos and uncertainty as a buyer. . .

Sadly, I feel like my local sports card shop may have a longer standing relationship with some of these distributors, and may be more likely to be able to get the product I want than non-sport card dealers. So as a buyer am I supposed to turn my back on a dealer I've been supporting for many years simply because this distribution model has become so chaotic?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I think the biggest issue is:
I preorder from (X).
Now (X) cannot guarantee my preorder.
Now I can go to (Y) to guarantee my preorder because they are one of the exclusive dealers for this company leaving my friend/dealer (X) with losing sales. (X) loses enough sales (X) goes out of business. Then you look around and not only your (X) but a lot of other (X)s have lost out on sales to the Exclusive dealers (Y)s.
Then the fear becomes if 4 (Y)s control all the inventory will prices be?

Right now Cryptozoic has a lot of popular properties. So, it is frustrating to a lot of the smaller dealers, dealer/collectors, case purchases that they cannot get the products they need/want to stay in business/collect for cheaper.
Everyone understands what allocation is but no one has to like it. I think when an order gets cut 98% as was one of the examples, something is wrong at the Manufacture level.

Since my family was in the hardware business for 58 years, it was normal for steel orders to be allocated 10 to 20% due to world demand. Sometimes a plant would get the amount needed/sometimes not. Hurricanes -Generators can only be made so fast compared to flashlights/torches so you could see Allocations of 50%(non crisis times you were almost never allocated).
So, if someone I trust(and I trust TWS) says they were cut to 2% of their order, that is a sign of something is wrong which may be the reason for a bit of panic.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of richscards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Ed

Actually, my point of contention is not about allocation in general. I am very familiar with that.

<RANT>

My problem is that I DO have a history of buying Crypto product and I have a customer base that wants to be able to buy this product from me.

But now my distributor is cut off due to the change, and because I have been forced to set up a new account at an "official" distributor, I appear as having no buying history so I get the short end of the stick on allocation. This, in turn, will just become a repetitious cycle because I can't buy the amount of product I need to be able to build the history to get allocated more product (unless of course I buy some secondary titles only to take a 40% hit when prices drop to $29.99).

</RANT>

Posts: 178 | Location: SF Bay Area, USA | Registered: August 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

From a collector standpoint I've never seen any manufacturer with allocation issues anywhere near this extreme.

If Ed says it's nothing new I believe him, but it's magnified to the extreme given the fact it's happening with two of the hottest products on the planet.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Graham
posted Hide Post
The Cryptozoic web site is now showing the binder exclusive card M39 Penny yellow shirt.

Posts: 165 | Location: Milton Keynes, UK | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Graham:
The Cryptozoic web site is now showing the binder exclusive card M39 Penny yellow shirt.

Dang...39 wardrobe cards

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post