Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    My City: New York City Collector Sticker Packs from Topps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My City: New York City Collector Sticker Packs from Topps
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
I thought this was a strange one. I really think the appeal outside NYC is going to be very small, but we shall see...

quote:
My City: New York City Collector Sticker Pack
(SRP-$0.99)
16 boxes per case / 50 packs per box / 6 Stickers per pack

Orders Due: 4-1-11 Release Date: 5-31-11

DESCRIPTION: Each pack with hanger hole contains six (6) My City: NYC six-stickers.

BOX/CASE PACK:
Fifty (50) packs per display box
Sixteen (16) display boxes per case

WIN SOMETHING IN EVERY PACK
* Madame Tussauds discount coupon
* Cafe Palermo: Cannoli coupon
* Ice Cream factory coupon
* The Ride discount coupon

FILL OUT AN ENTIRE THEMED PAGE
* Little Italy: DaNico Italian Restaurant: Buy one Meal, get one free
* Cafe Palermo: Buy one, get one free Cannoli offer
* MOCA - Museum of Chinese art, buy one entrance, get one free

GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE worth over $5,000
* 4 VIP Tickets to Columbus Day Parade
* Mets VIP Package: tickets and batting practice
* Free Meal in Little Italy and China town
* Ticket to Drama Desk awards and after show party
* VIP tour of the oldest skyscraper in NYC: The Woolwoth Blg
* $1,000 Topps collector collection
* $250 Macy's shopping spree
* Broadway Tickes
* And so much more

Each 28-page My City: NYC sticker album contains (1) My City: NYC six-sticker pack affixed to sticker album cover. (SRP $1.99 Album)

Topps knows that stickers sell at retail, so maybe this is a good thing to get kids into collecting.

The price point is right but is the subject matter too location-specific?

I know I'm passing on this one. I don't see much call for this one in the hobby market.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
I think this sounds like an awesome set - if you live or visit NYC. I hope some of the base cards pop up on the Net to see what they look like.

It's a great marketing set for NYC/Topps. For $.99 you get a coupon to use while on your visit to NYC. How neat is that?

I hope it's a success and they roll it out to other major cities!

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I read they're also doing a similar set for London in the UK. Seems like a decent old-school idea to me.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
I thought this was a strange one. I really think the appeal outside NYC is going to be very small, but we shall see...
Ed

The appeal outside NYC maybe more than the appeal inside. Big Grin

If you don't live or work in Manhattan most native New Yorkers rarily go to those places. Out of state tourists see a lot more of the City than your average resident of Brooklyn or Queens ever does or ever wants to see.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Topps Europe have a "My London" set

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Ed

The appeal outside NYC maybe more than the appeal inside. Big Grin

If you don't live or work in Manhattan most native New Yorkers rarily go to those places. Out of state tourists see a lot more of the City than your average resident of Brooklyn or Queens ever does or ever wants to see.

Yeah, I guess I wasn't explaining it right.

These will sell mostly in NYC, but not necessarily to residents. They could be a big deal in all the tourist trap stores though.

I don't see these selling in Detroit or Chicago though.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I bought 20 packs and the album. The pack break was great, but I still need quite a few to finish the set. THey are nicely done. Very colorful and great shots. I would say you might be better off buying a box to make a set though.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post