Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2012 Leaf Pop Century
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2012 Leaf Pop Century
 Login/Join

posted
Released today is the latest in the line of Pop Century boxes from Leaf. 5 autograph cards per box.
Pardon the capital letters below but copied from a note from Leaf and I didn't want to retype everything.

JENNIFER LOPEZ BRITNEY SPEARS SARAH PALIN
LINDSAY LOHAN KATE BECKINSALE HARRISON FORD
ADAM WEST BILLY DEE WILLIAMS BRISTOL PALIN
DONALD TRUMP BURT REYNOLDS CHARLIE SHEEN
ICHIRO SUZUKI GINA GESHON RUPERT GRINT
PAM ANDERSON PATRICK STEWART TOMMY LEE
AND MANY MORE!!!!!

In addition, look for multisigned cards of:
THE CAST OF PAWN STARS
THE 7 KIDS FROM SOUND OF MUSIC (all on one card)

Some nice signers in the list (and others not listed). I heard 125 different celebrities signed for this set.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
I hope I can find the "Pawn Stars" card for a reasonable price.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen on the bay someone selling autographs, printing plates and other high end cards (in hand) from this release? Very curious as the set is not released yet.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There was a pre-release on Thursday. There is a checklist posted on Non-Sports Card forum (http://www.nonsportscardforum.com/) in the upcoming releases section under Pop Century 2012.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All of the cards on that list (and no others that I saw) have shown up on eBay, except the Ichiro and the Carmen Electra/Charlie Sheen. The Harrison Ford and the Starlets Angie Dickension have been spotted only as signed printing plates.

Also not seen yet in unnumbered versions are the Erin Moran Keep It Real, Angie Dickenson Award Winners, and the Pamela Anderson/Carmen Electra. So it looks like there aren't many cards (not counting variants) that are available only in quantities of 5 or less!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
From what I have seen available on eBay so far, I am thinking that this product does not have as good a line up of celebrities as prior Pop Century cards. I'm not talking about the handful of big names that are very limited, just the commons that are either repeat signers or are hardly worth being included in anything.

I also have no interest in Pawn Stars, so that doesn't help either. Wink

Posts: 10396 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
From what I have seen available on eBay so far, I am thinking that this product does not have as good a line up of celebrities as prior Pop Century cards. I'm not talking about the handful of big names that are very limited, just the commons that are either repeat signers or are hardly worth being included in anything.

I also have no interest in Pawn Stars, so that doesn't help either. Wink

I tend to agree...I did pick up a Michael Duncan Clarke, and I'm doing the Stunning Starlets set, but not really interested in the slew of reality TV personalities they got to sign for this years set.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
I'm not really blown away by this set. I may pick up a Burt Reynolds for a good price. Maybe a Jeremy Piven because I was a fan of Entourage and a Vince Neil.

Check out my blog: Card Crazy

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
I'm not crazy about some of the designs. I really like the basic card design and the Stunning Starlet design is okay but I don't like the Keeping It Real or Award Winner cards. There are about 10 I will try to pick up depending on the price but eliminating 2 of the designs is going to make it difficult to find some of them.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
This set is entirely new to me. The base card design is really nice but was really turned off by the 'Keeping it Real' design.

So glad to see Yancy Butler though. I'm still a Witchblade fan and I just got her 'silver' base auto card for around #13.00 with shipping, number 11 of 25. Cool

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like this years release better than last years. Pawn Stars (along with Storage Wars) are my favorite "reality" TV shows. I did very well with pre-sales on this and just have a handful of boxes left.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
I will say that the "Keeping It Real" design looks better with some of the older images like the Barbara Eden as Jeannie.

I collect autograph cards and this set has been a favorite the last 2 years.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Every year I find a couple of gems on the checklist that I appreciate - not big stars, just people I enjoyed growing up. Just snagged a "Webster" today as my first.

There doesn't seem to be as many repeats this year, which is nice. And most of those that were in last year are the bigger names that people won't complain about.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I picked up an Aileen Quinn autograph. I love musicals and I have always loved the movie 'Annie' -- it drives my wife crazy -- and I'm happy to add it to the collection.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
I have wanted to pick up some leaf product but never have, they always look great.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem I see this year is there are alot of signatures that are off the sticker or cutoff, PRetty rotten QC....

Posts: 98 | Location: Livonia, MI 48154 | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post