Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Heroes And Villains (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Heroes And Villains (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Freshly added to next year's schedule (no exact date yet).

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Product page is now up. Release date is March 21.

https://scifihobby.com/products/startrek/stds9hv/

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
This week marked the 25th anniversary of Deep Space Nines debut, so I would have expected the to call the set "25th Anniversary" or something to that effect than a generic Heroes and Villains title.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I feel like this set's release date is way too close to the Beyond release.

Posts: 2 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: November 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see they have a card signed by Bernie Casey who past last year.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
IGGY POP!

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
So, Rittenhouse has posted images of the DS Niners baseball patch.

In honor of the upcoming release of the DS9 set, I'm holding a contest. Design your own baseball team. You may use any character from any of the series. Pick a character for these positions and tell me why you think they would make a good part of the team. You can chose either a serious reason or a silly reason for why you want them at any particular position.

1. pitcher
2. catcher
3. first baseman
4. second baseman
5. third baseman
6. shortstop
7. left fielder
8. center fielder
9. right fielder
U. umpire
M. manager

Everyone who enters will get a random autograph card. The winner's prize is TBD depending on how it breaks down. Either a 6 case incentive or a full baseball patch set. I will pick the winner based on how well I think the team looks overall (yes, it's subjective, but I'll do my best to make a good choice! ). Entries are due on the 21st of March. Don't post your answers, email them to stcardgeek@gmail.com. This contest is being run by me, not Rittenhouse, so don't ask them anything Wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
This seems likes fun. I will have to do it! The

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spock is an umpire. You know he will be fair and objective!

Posts: 70 | Location: New York | Registered: September 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I just noticed the Deep Space Nine Part. Oops! Let’s go with Worf for similar reasons

Posts: 70 | Location: New York | Registered: September 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevins:
And I just noticed the Deep Space Nine Part. Oops! Let’s go with Worf for similar reasons

It can be any series Smile

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
LOL. Okay back to Spock. Let’s put him behind home plate and Worf at 3rd. Can’t give him a job and then rudely take it away.

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
SO, you may have noticed I haven't posted a winner. Part of it is scrambled eggs for brains and part of it was I just couldn't decide. Srsly. Everyone did such a great job and was so darn creative. I loved them all.
But, a choice had to be made.

The winner is Robert Gross! Losers, well, we need a new word cause there are no losers in this stack!!

Now, the winner coincidentally put his entry into a power point, but I assure you I didn't select him for his technical skills. I based my decision solely and how many smiles per entry I caught myself making. And his topped the list, but you all were wonderful!
Wonderful enough that I will be pulling my autos from the VL pile instead of the L pile. You were all just that good!
I will begin getting the autos out this weekend and early next week! Bear with me, cause...well...scrambled eggs.

Entries are here:
http://jklm.net/startrekcards/...22/baseball-contest/

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lynne! This was fun, and it's great to see everyone's team. Congrats Bob!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Lynne! After reading the other posts I feel a little lazy with my one to two sentences on my choices that I made up for the contest.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It was a lot of fun seeing how much thought some people put into their position choices. With my rather limited knowledge of some of the Star Trek shows, I could only pick the bigger characters, mostly from OS, Next Generation and Voyager. Your winner certainly knows his villains, but I think the power point was just showing off. Big Grin Congratulations Bob.

Thanks for running this Lynne and I did not realize we were getting a prize, so even more thanks.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Wait,what...really? I won? Wow...I've been so busy at work lately that I've not even had a chance to visit CardTalk for the past few days. I jumped on this evening and about fell out of my chair when I read your post. Thanks so much Lynne for running such a great contest! LLAP

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Received my auto for entering the contest. Susan Bay Nimoy (Leonard's wife) as Admiral Rollman VL

Thank You Lynne!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
CongratZ to the winners & kudos to Lynne!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I knew there was something i was supposed to have done, sorry Lynne. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post