Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Supergirl "Cat Quotes" Preview Set - Full Details!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Supergirl "Cat Quotes" Preview Set - Full Details!
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
At the upcoming Philly Non-Sports Card Show, taking place October 21 & 22 at the Merchants Square Mall in Allentown, PA, we will be selling an exclusive Cryptozoic Entertainment Supergirl set. This 10-card "Cat Quotes" Preview set features 9 Cat Quotes cards and one exclusive Supergirl promo card (P2). The nine "Cat Quotes" cards are numbered 10 through 18 and add on to the great Cat Grant quotes cards in the regular Supergirl Season One series. The 10-card set will be sold for $29.95 and is strictly limited to just 300 sets.

But wait....there's more! One in every 10 sets will contain an autographed card. We have the details on those now and I'd like to share that info.

Four actors from Supergirl Season 1 have signed for the card set and two actors have signed as their alter ego's. This makes a total of six different inserted autograph cards and there will be 5 of each (thus, all inserted at equal rations). Here is the rundown:

* Dean Cain as Jeremiah Danvers

* Iddo Goldberg as T.O. Morrow

* Iddo Goldberg as Red Tornado

* Malina Weissman as Young Kara Zor-El

* Chris Browning as Ben Krull

* Chris Browning as Reactron

Also, one set will contain a redemption card which may be redeemed for an authentic, full-sized piece of Kara Danvers (Supergirl) wardrobe from the television show.

Shown below is a screencap of the short sleeve navy/green/pink sweater Melissa Benoist wore in episode 116 that we will award to the lucky collector who pulls the redemption card.

I have also included images of a few of the Cat Quote cards and all auotgraph cards below.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show!

You can find full details on the Philly Non-Sports Card Show here: http://bit.ly/V9YSu4

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
If there is one character on that show to do a quotable set for, it's certainly Cat.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I love quotable sets, they are my collecting kryptonite for sure. Anyone willing to grab a set for me? I don't care about the autograph card, I just want the quotable cards.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are these particular autograph cards exclusive to the preview sets or will they be inserted into the regular set also?

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Are these particular autograph cards exclusive to the preview sets or will they be inserted into the regular set also?

Hi Logan:

The set of Cat Quotes cards are exclusive to the Philly Non-Sports Card Show series; the inserted auto cards are not. The wardrobe piece is also exclusive to the Philly Non-Sports Card Show series, of course.

Thanks.

Harris

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:

Hi Logan:

The set of Cat Quotes cards are exclusive to the Philly Non-Sports Card Show series; the inserted auto cards are not. The wardrobe piece is also exclusive to the Philly Non-Sports Card Show series, of course.

Thanks.

Harris

Thank you again as always Harris for the clarification. Thumb Up

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:

Hi Logan:

Thanks.

Harris

Thank you again as always Harris for the clarification. Thumb Up

No problem at all!

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Is there a limit to how many sets you can purchase? Have a couple friends who can't make it to the show but would like a set.

Also will the sets be split up so only half are for sale on Saturday and half on Sunday?

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi ifish73

There will definitely be sets set aside for Sunday. There will also be a limit to the number of sets that can be purchased. I’m still unsure what that is but it will likely be something like 4 or 5.

See you at the show.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
CLAIMED! Someone has found the Supergirl wardrobe redemption card inserted in the Supergirl "Cat Quotes" Preview Sets sold at last month's Philly Non-Sports Card Show (shown below). Congratulations to Richard F. of Virginia Beach, VA. Richard will be sent the sweater seen in the photo which actress Melissa Benoist (Supergirl) wore on the first season of the show.

Everyone who went to the show and visited the Cryptozoic Tables will note how small the sweater is. It looked like a toddler's sweater! Melissa Benoist must be super-thin (see what I did there...ba dum bum).