Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Series from Rittenhouse Archives
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Series from Rittenhouse Archives
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
cancellation didn't stop them from doing the Heroes set

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If they get an abby autograph for NCIS I'll have to get some for my father.. I bought a sports card box and opened the packs and stacked the cards for him to go through before I looked at them and with this being his favorite show (and her his favorite tv character) he would love it..

I would consider some Eureka depending on who they got to sign (maybe they had them sign eureka cards when they signed the Warehouse 13 cards)

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Any idea when there's an official RA statement on which new license gets what format and when they will approximately come out?

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
It's to bad about Caprica being canceled. Still RA can get one set out of it, and maybe merge it with a heroes and villains set with the other Battlestar. Or maybe a new complete set..hard to say. Maybe this will just give us one great set with lots of autos like the Heroes set. Either way I went from maybe buying a couple boxes to buying a case just to support RA's effort in picking the linemen up.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's true. At least now with RA knowing there won't be any more seasons they can get as many cast members as they can to sign for this set and load it with costumes and perhaps props (depending on whether propworx also buys the Caprica props as they did for BSG).

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Looking forward to Caprica, really liked the first part of the shows first season.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
If there is even a Caprica set at all after the show being cancelled and shoved off to the side by SYFY.

Hopefully there will be a "One and Done" set, but I could sure understand if RA decided not to invest any more money in a dead show.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much they would have paid for the license though? Would it be worth it to not even do anything with the set after they've already put money into it?

RA bought Heroes and I heard they are only doing that one set that they released last year. Why buy the license then only produce one set, seems like a lot of money to put out and not get much back in return.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
I wonder how much they would have paid for the license though? Would it be worth it to not even do anything with the set after they've already put money into it?

RA bought Heroes and I heard they are only doing that one set that they released last year. Why buy the license then only produce one set, seems like a lot of money to put out and not get much back in return.

Most licenses are on a per set agreement, not a blanket deal. You pay % of total estimated wholesale sales per release.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
I agree that the Caprica set may never see the light of day but I would like to see it.

I would also like to see more of the show but we don't always get what we want do we?

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

I think RA was banking on NBC renewing Heroes for at least another season.

They had full intention of doing more sets, which is why they had enough extra autograph cards to put 6 per box and there were several with photo variants.

Assuming RA had to pay some fee to lock in the license, it might be cheaper to eat that rather than spend the time and money to develop a set.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know if a Spartacus set is still happening? I crave info on that set!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
after rewatching the first 2 seasons of ncis there are alot of great autograph possiblities as far as guest stars go cant wait to see what ra comes up with

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
Does anybody know if a Spartacus set is still happening? I crave info on that set!

dito! Especially with the prequel "Gods of the Arena" airing soon.

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I read yesterday that series 2 will go ahead with a new Spartacus.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
I read yesterday that series 2 will go ahead with a new Spartacus.

Yes, the new lead has yet to be cast. Too bad Andy Whitfield had to drop out due to his illness.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is their any reason why Warner won't license Smallville or Supernatural anymore? We see with Harry Potter that they do license their properties still.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
I do think Rittenhouse is going to do extemely well with NCIS . People from all walks of life watch it . That is going to be huge .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stargaterules:
I do think Rittenhouse is going to do extemely well with NCIS . People from all walks of life watch it . That is going to be huge .

I hope so. It's certainly a good pick for moving outside their strong scifi/comics base, since if any general TV series is going to break through then NCIS is probably the one. However, I susepct the scifi/comics and cards communities overlap much more than the 'general TV' and cards communities. JAG had a good auto lineup and did okay, but it didn't produce a hit. Same with CSI.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Two words for all who think this set won't sell...
Abby Sciuto!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post