Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Series from Rittenhouse Archives
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Series from Rittenhouse Archives
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I've never seen Eureka, don't even know what it's about Big Grin

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Im with you graham as long as it doesnt involve the gladiators! lol
factory sets for merlin and spartacus sound great as long as the right mix of cards ,costumes etc! steve said at the card talk he hoped to release to tie in with the prequel series!! cant wait!!!! Clap

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paul hart:
Im with you graham as long as it doesnt involve the gladiators! lol
There would be more of a shudder if they were pop-ups Eek

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
ouch!!!

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
Eureka? Seriously?

This kind of thing reminds me back when Inkworks was making poor license decisions like "The Spiderwick Chronicles" and "Journey to the Center of the Earth".

Why no one has snatched up the "Fringe" license is a mystery to me. RA would be perfect for it. Instead we get sets for mediocre shows and every iteration of Trek & Bond. The only standout in the list could be Caprica. But that show was barely renewed. The question will be if it can sustain a third season.

Licenses RA should have:
Fringe
Tron Legacy

I suspect the opportunity for a timely Tron Legacy set will have passed by the time the film ignites the holiday box office. (So much potential lost... just like Avatar.)

Oh well. I guess it's quantity over quality these days.

Caprica has not been renewed, this is still the first season. And, since it's getting about 840,000 viewers per episode, renewal is not looking so great right now.

As for Fringe, I think it has been mentioned that WB is not willing to issue any licenses for cards right now. That's why there are no sets for Fringe, Smallville, Big Bang Theory, Inception, True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, etc.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Harry Potter is a Warner Brother property, yet Artbox seems to have no end of Potter sets. That's strange that WB won't allow other licenses. Smallville has been done before, and True Blood would be wildly popular.

Whoever is in charge of licenses needs a kick in the pants.

That still doesn't explain why the lack of a Tron Legacy set.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eureka? Seriously?

Eureka, from what I have seen of it, is not a bad show. It has also been around for a few seasons and it is on Sci-Fi- it is perfect for a card set.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
funny how no one as mentioned supernatural in thr warner won't now happen list,can you imagine the great auto's from all 5 season's and a bobby moustache relic card of course Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:

Whoever is in charge of licenses needs a kick in the pants.

Maybe because RA thinks that Tron Legacy has the potential to be the next Spiderwick Chronicles? I'm not saying it will (in fact I'm pretty sure it won't) but it really isn't a certaintly that it will be that big a hit, geek cred or no.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:

Honestly, movies are a tough source for cards to be made from.

You have to convince the studio to let you have the appropriate images to make a set of cards. Many effects laden movies like Tron Legacy don't have final images done in time for a set to be put out prior the the film's release.

You have to convince the studio to let your people know the plot, beginning to end.

With the current expectations for sets, you have to have studio help getting screen worn costumes, props, and actor's autographs.

It's not always as easy as "I want to make cards for this movie."

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Strangely enough I was just wondering when a Caprica set would be coming out

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

Honestly, movies are a tough source for cards to be made from.

You have to convince the studio to let you have the appropriate images to make a set of cards. Many effects laden movies like Tron Legacy don't have final images done in time for a set to be put out prior the the film's release.

You have to convince the studio to let your people know the plot, beginning to end.

With the current expectations for sets, you have to have studio help getting screen worn costumes, props, and actor's autographs.

It's not always as easy as "I want to make cards for this movie."

Ed

Also people attintion spans are alot shorter due to the amount of big budget movies that come out, that really only gives you couple weeks before and after a movie comes out that its still in peoples minds. Then you get a short sales increase when the dvd comes out but thats it really.

I think movie sets was one of the bigger down falls of Inkworks.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Last time I heard Upper Deck had the master license for Disney stuff is that still true? I know that Topps has done the HSM stuff and Hanna Montana but the movie stuff seems to go to UD.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I think movie card sets were easier to make back in the 90's where collectors were just happy with the base set and small chase sets. I remember collecting the Jurassic Park cards with my friends and chasing after the shiny prism special cards. Now sets won't make it unless there can be autos, costumes, props or sketches and when these things come into play they need approval for likenesses from the actors and also approval to buy props/costumes from the set as well as the actors being willing to sign for the autos. All this takes time and really the set needs to be out and available to buy whilst the movie is still in the cinema for maximum exposure.

It is a shame because there could be some great sets made for many films, but it's a hell of a lot more work than it was 15 years ago.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Very excited about the new licenses for RA! NCIS will be great! Will probably pick up Caprica and Eureka as well in some form. NCIS will be our 1st case purchase in a very long time though if the auto list comes through with some of it's potential!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Delighted to hear about RA getting Caprica. I will need to seriously consider a case given my Heroes Archives love affair.

RA provide such beautiful sets.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by william291077:
Howdy,

Delighted to hear about RA getting Caprica. I will need to seriously consider a case given my Heroes Archives love affair.

RA provide such beautiful sets.

TTFN

2nd that Wink I'm in for Caprica and more Heroes.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Don't know how much they'll get out of Caprica. Ratings are low and apparently there's supposed to be a new BSG spinoff called Blood and Chrome, due to be out next year. I can't imagine syfy will have two BSG shows in production at the same time, so I expect Caprica to be cancelled after this season.

posted Hide Post
Michael Ausiello of Entertainment Weekly is reporting Caprica was just cancelled.

Posts: 28 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alterna-tv:
Michael Ausiello of Entertainment Weekly is reporting Caprica was just cancelled.

Wow. Something tells me that the Caprica card set is next on the chopping block. Oh well. This will free up a slot for that fantastic Battlestar Galactica in Motion set that was rumored! (Just an FYI: I started that rumor. Yup. Just now. Right in this post. Enjoy.)

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post