Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Series from Rittenhouse Archives
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Series from Rittenhouse Archives
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I will be interested to see what happens with Merlin given this is a BBC show and the problems other card companies have had when trying to produce cards licensed by them.
As was said, it's not the BBC that's the problem, but the production company. Merlin's people don't seem to be as precious as Who.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Lenticular Spartacus with on-off clothes Big Grin

Teehee Big Grin

Red Face

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I will be interested to see what happens with Merlin given this is a BBC show and the problems other card companies have had when trying to produce cards licensed by them.
As was said, it's not the BBC that's the problem, but the production company. Merlin's people don't seem to be as precious as Who.

BBC licensing are a nightmare. Whoever told you they are not has no idea what they are talking about. We have had dealings with them in several capacity's not just relating to cards. I wonder if this set will even be available in the UK? I very much doubt it will be a box product. More likely a factory set. Still good luck to them it will be interesting to see if they can make these sets profitable. Merlin would be a big retail seller in the UK, but I think NCIS would have done better a year or three back.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Really happy about Merlin and Caprica. Even though I've only seen the first couple of episodes of Caprica, I'm really liking it. I thought Merlin would make a great card set, so glad that's been picked up.

Although I don't watch Spartacus or Eureka and haven't seen NCIS for years, it's nice to see some new blood on the market - certainly been a bit stale lately.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great news. I'm hoping Eureka and NCIS will be box releases.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Well lets see....I will buy at least 1 case of NCIS I love the show and have wanted a set for ages. If they can do sets for CSI, CSI NY, and CSI Miami, and JAG then NCIS willl sell well I think.
Merlin was/is a horrible show but I own worse so I might pick those up as well.
Spartacus just lost its star so we will see if it survies the change.
I HATE new Battlestar but the cards always look nice so Caprica is on the list as well.
Eureka is a great show and should have gotten a set ages ago.
Over all I will buy most of these sets hoping that Rittenhouse keeps picking up new licenses, they are the leader of the pack right now and I wish them all the best.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hooray for Eureka! Since Eureka is already on Season 4, will they just start there or start back at the beginning?

Posts: 53 | Location: Hacienda Heights, CA | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well it would seem that I am in the minority here but, with the possible exception of NCIS, I think this line up has limited appeal. I'm talking mainstream popularity now, as obviously every one of these shows has its loyal fanbase. That doesn't mean they all merit a card set.

I would imagine that licenses are expensive and this is the best RA can pick up right now. Someone mentioned possible factory sets, I could also see them as premium pack only products.

I'm glad that RA keeps trying to expand into new titles now that some of the old franchises are drying up. I'm sure whatever they release will be good stuff, but if its too nichey too warrant a full size production it seems to me that it will be difficult to make it profitable.

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
BBC licensing are a nightmare. Whoever told you they are not has no idea what they are talking about.

Steve Charendoff at the Card Talk gathering in Philly.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
BBC licensing are a nightmare. Whoever told you they are not has no idea what they are talking about.

I heard him say the same thing Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Maybe now that Rittenhouse has picked up a couple of new CBS tittles, NCIS and NCIS:LA, they might give us a US based CSI set, or Big Bang set.

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
If it's a CSI:NY set, maybe they can get the elusive Mr.Sinise to sign Roll Eyes

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Then his experience differs greatly from that of many many others, myself included. Good for him.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
quote:

Merlin was/is a horrible show but I own worse so I might pick those up as well.

Aww shame you didn't like it, I hated the first episode but stuck with it and really glad I did, it improved alot and now I love it!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Based on the recent Warehouse 13 set, it looks like the Eureka cast are likely to be fan friendly signers which is nice.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth. I was told numerous times in my discussions with Inkworks, that the reason they were never able to get a Dr. Who set out, was the BBC.

As for the newly announced sets, I'm with Raven on this one. I see very limited appeal, but I also think it's good that RA is at least making the effort to get some new titles out to the public.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I to am with Raven, if WB won't let sets be made for Smallville, and Supernatural then I don't think Big Bang or other WB products are likely to see the light. I am just glad that Rittenhouse is stepping up and trying some new things and I will support them because of it. I may not like a couple of the sets but I will buy all of them to support Rittenhouse in the hopes that they can get some other licensees that I do really care about.
Many of us here have complained that Ritt seemed to be trapped into making more Trek, and Bond this at least gives them some more options and will maybe pull some new people into the hobby. I have a cousin who has given me **** about all my cards, although he thinks the autos are cool,however he is a huge NCIS fan I told him about the set coming out and he is talking about going in on a second case with me so he can get the auto's. To wrap up thanks Rittenhouse for bringing new stuff into the hobby.

posted Hide Post
quote:
If it's a CSI:NY set, maybe they can get the elusive Mr.Sinise to sign Roll Eyes

or maybe just ask mr sinise to hand over the cards we were told he was sent to sign in the first place.???????

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Topps did a sticker set in UK (which I have) which had offers of prizes of a visit to the show set & auto´s of Stars - so there must have been some co-operation there

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Eureka? Seriously?

This kind of thing reminds me back when Inkworks was making poor license decisions like "The Spiderwick Chronicles" and "Journey to the Center of the Earth".

Why no one has snatched up the "Fringe" license is a mystery to me. RA would be perfect for it. Instead we get sets for mediocre shows and every iteration of Trek & Bond. The only standout in the list could be Caprica. But that show was barely renewed. The question will be if it can sustain a third season.

Licenses RA should have:
Fringe
Tron Legacy

I suspect the opportunity for a timely Tron Legacy set will have passed by the time the film ignites the holiday box office. (So much potential lost... just like Avatar.)

Oh well. I guess it's quantity over quality these days.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post