Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Rocky 40th Anniversary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rocky 40th Anniversary
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
Topps has a Rocky 40th Anniversary set scheduled to go on sale Wednesday on their website.

330 cards covering Rocky through Rocky Balboa.

Some Stallone autographs, but not many.

http://www.beckett.com/news/20...ersary-complete-set/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's a sweet autograph card and, if that picture is clear, it does look to be on-card.

So there is that term "factory set" used again in non-sport. Commented in another thread how TOPPS is employing sports card ideas to its entertainment cards. This one is not bad for big Rocky fans, a sizeable set for the price of a modest box. However it is an online exclusive without much warning that I know about, so even when it looks old school there is a twist. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely in for a set, this looks cool.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Only 10 total autos in the set, and each one has a different image

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
There Are More than 10 Autographs Unless I Missed something......

"Also randomly inserted in select sets are Sylvester Stallone autographs. These are extremely limited. They come with a few different versions, each with a different image and numbered to 10. "

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Only 10 total autos in the set, and each one has a different image

No -- there are a few different autographs, each with a different picture. Each picture has 10 copies.

Don't know the total number of pictures, though.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
I read the topic title and realized only after clicking that it had nothing to do with a certain horror picture show...
Elephant

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The only "horror" would be in trying to get a complete set. Count me out Mr. Referee.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
The only "horror" would be in trying to get a complete set. Count me out Mr. Referee.

It's a factory set. Unless you HAVE to have an autograph and/or every variation of it, you're set.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was referring to getting all the autograph cards, which as a total completest, would be my goal.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to someone on another forum who just got a set the box states the Stallone autograph odds are 1:125.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Topps is having a "2016 Closeout Sale" and these sets are now only $24.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Very cool, order placed. Cant believe I am just now seeing this one.

Thanks for the info Ryan and Logan!! Thumb Up

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Only have a passing interest in the Rocky films but think they are nice cards and this is a great release from Topps. Would be cool if they did this for other vintage films in the throwback style that never had card sets back in the day.

I know there are only 40 autos out there but I am surprised to have only seen one on eBay (well done to Paul Hart on pulling one!) and still do not know what two of the auto styles look like.
Topps may have flair for making some crappy looking auto card designs and be in love with stickers but they have done such a nice job on these auto cards. For Stallone/Rocky fans it doesn't get better than this.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

I know there are only 40 autos out there but I am surprised to have only seen one on eBay (well done to Paul Hart on pulling one!) and still do not know what two of the auto styles look like.
Topps may have flair for making some crappy looking auto card designs and be in love with stickers but they have done such a nice job on these auto cards. For Stallone/Rocky fans it doesn't get better than this.

Ok, so given the insert odds, that puts the entire run at 5000 sets. Given Rocky's popularity that is not terrible. Given the half price sale Topps is having I got 4. Cool

Maybe I will get lucky with a Stallone auto but I pulled one from a 75th anniversary box so I am not in dire need of it. As you say it is a beautiful card!!

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sets are still available for $24 on Topps' site.