Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Parks and Recreation (Press Pass)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parks and Recreation (Press Pass)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
At the Industry Summit in Las Vegas, Press Pass announced a Parks and Recreation set.

2 autographs and a relic per box. Signers so far include Amy Poehler, Rob Lowe, Rashida Jones and Aziz Asnari.

I suspect this one could be VERY popular based on the autographs. Not much info yet as they're still finalizing details but expect a very strong autograph lineup.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This has just started showing on BBC in the UK(nothing like being up to date Razz ) and I quite like it.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Ooh, that's a good one. I've always been a fan of the show.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is awesome! If it is successful would love to see Press Pass maybe get the license for the 8:00pm slot on Thursday night (the show on before Parks and Rec) Community. Community is SO ripe for a trading card set. Its full of pop culture references and guest stars

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NonSportCardGuy26:
That is awesome! If it is successful would love to see Press Pass maybe get the license for the 8:00pm slot on Thursday night (the show on before Parks and Rec) Community. Community is SO ripe for a trading card set. Its full of pop culture references and guest stars

Agreed. Would LOVE Community. The audience might not be huge, but they're passionate. And while it's winding down, The Office would be another GREAT set.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
quote:
Originally posted by NonSportCardGuy26:

Agreed. Would LOVE Community. The audience might not be huge, but they're passionate. And while it's winding down, The Office would be another GREAT set.

Community is one of my Favourite shows Big Grin
I would love someone to do a Community set so badly, and yes, that very true about the fan base Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
It's nice to see Press Pass taking the next step and moving into the more mainstream non sports sets of tv shows and movies. Press Pass does very nice sets, especially the Racing and Elvis sets.
I hope this set does well, the success of the Big Bang Theory sets opened the door for sit-com sets and there are several I'd like to see (like Community, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Suburgatory and others) and if P & R is successful it makes it that more likely companies will give other shows a chance.
With all these new and different licenses and new companies it's feeling more and more like we are entering a new golden age of non sports. I haven't felt this excited about collecting since the early Buffy days.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I will own a Rashida Jones autograph Luv You

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
More info on the set...

http://www.cardboardconnection...eation-trading-cards

So, 2 on card autographs and 1 relic card per box, as well as different color ink variations for the autographs. Kind of neat, much like some of their Elvis sets which had red ink variations (I have 2 of the 24 Mary Tyler Moore red ink autographs).

I will definitely be getting some P & R cards for my collection. Big Grin

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
I'm so excited! I haven't collected a new release in a loooong time and this is my favorite show! I really hope they can get Adam Scott to sign. He seems very fan friendly (as does most of the cast), so I can definitely see it happening. I would kill (figuratively speaking, of course Wink) for a dual Poehler/Scott auto.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
No freakin way!

Finally a comedy set for me! I have always wanted an office set, Parks and Req are a close second for meSmile

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A Rashida jones auto would be nice but she could just as well have signed the office,i would have prefered some company did the office Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
There should be a "Lil' Sebastian" memorial card for sure.

And keeping with the spirit of the show, they could perhaps have all of the Jerry autographs signed upside down with the words
"Jerry! Why?!" printed on the card with an arrow pointing to the autograph.

For those not super familiar with the show, Jerry is a character who is always criticized by all of the others, pretty much no matter what he does, even when some of it is awesome. (He a genius painter, for instance, and is married to Christie Brinkley and the father of three daughters who are all very beautiful). The running joke is that he's a total fool who can do no right, and never gets credit, even when he does.

A Ron and ex-wife Tammy Swanson dual autograph card would be great since the actors who play them (Nick Offerman & Megan Mulally) on the show are married in real life, and the episode that introduced her is one of the funniest P&R episodes ever. A dual autograph card of the couples on the show, Ben and Leslie, as well as one from Andy and April would be great, too. Let's hope Chris Pratt, Aubrey Plaza, and Adam Scott are willing to sign, singles would be fine.

For genre fans, Lucy Lawless has been guest starring on the show lately, so Xena fans could get another crack at an autograph from Lucy, who has always been a willing signer in the past. There have been some great guest stars, too, including Paul Rudd, Mo Collins, and Detlef Schrempf (google him!) as the show has been on for around 4 years already.

Obviously, I'm a and will definitely pick up at least a few boxes. Way to go, Press Pass.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We have a preview of Parks and Recreation today on the blog including images of the base cards, autographs, and more:

Parks and Recreation Preview

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Harris, thanks for sharing! THAT IS AWESOME.

Finally, another set my wife can enjoy with meSmile

Great stuff!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
These look great! Seems like they used the opening credit sequence as inspiration for the design. I'm really anxious to see the final autograph lineup. I hope they can get most if not all of the main cast. There are also many guest stars I'd love to see sign.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Speak of Lil' Sebastian and he magically appears, on a base card, no less!

Nice to see John-Ralphio Saperstein, too, hope there's a signed card for him. His sister Monalisa was just introduced, played by Jenny Slate, and she's a real breakout character.
I see them spinning off into another show.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anne N.
posted Hide Post
Covering seasons 1-4 could lead to a stellar auto list.

Amy Poehler
Rashida Jones
Chris Pratt
Aziz Ansari
Paul Schneider
Nick Offerman
Aubrey Plaza
Jim O’Heir
Retta
Pamela Reed
Jama Williamson
Alison Becker
Mo Collins
Louis C.K.
Jay Jackson
Megan Mullally
Will Arnett
Ben Schwartz
John Larroquette
Andy Samberg
Michael Gross
Detlef Schrempf
Rob Lowe
Adam Scott
Natalie Morales
Brian McCann
Will Forte
Eric Pierpoint
Mara Marini
Parker Posey
Matt Besser
Patricia Clarkson
Dan Castellaneta
Sarah Wright
Paul Rudd
Kathryn Hahn
Mike O’Malley

I'd be happy if they even got half of that list to sign.

Posts: 23 | Location: PA~USA | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link Harris, I love the look of the cards.
I've never watched the show, but I think I might have to start now Smile

I hadn't really heard much of Press Pass before, Incarnadine spoke of Racing and Elvis.
I don't collect either of those sort of subjects, have they done anything else?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Thanks for the link Harris, I love the look of the cards.
I've never watched the show, but I think I might have to start now Smile

I hadn't really heard much of Press Pass before, Incarnadine spoke of Racing and Elvis.
I don't collect either of those sort of subjects, have they done anything else?

In the 90s they did a lot of collage sports cards. I remember that.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post