Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Parks and Recreation (Press Pass)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parks and Recreation (Press Pass)
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Thanks for the link Harris, I love the look of the cards.
I've never watched the show, but I think I might have to start now Smile

I hadn't really heard much of Press Pass before, Incarnadine spoke of Racing and Elvis.
I don't collect either of those sort of subjects, have they done anything else?

Yes, in non-sport cards, they recently did a Yo Gabba Gabba series. In addition to several series of Elvis, they also have done KISS. Very early on, they did a Royal Family series and one for the Image Comics comic book Tribe.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I know that PP did several Elvis sets, KISS (the band) cards, Racing (NASCAR), College Football and Basketball and pro Bull Riding (8 Seconds).
There are probably others.

PP knows how to make cards, I don't collect NASCAR but those cards are amazing.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
They have done sport sets as well. Press Pass does a racing legends set that is a premium format set that is just incredible. I don't watch racing and even I picked up a box.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Thanks for the link Harris, I love the look of the cards.
I've never watched the show, but I think I might have to start now Smile

I hadn't really heard much of Press Pass before, Incarnadine spoke of Racing and Elvis.
I don't collect either of those sort of subjects, have they done anything else?

They did some cards featuring the rock group KISS not too long ago.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow, this company sounds interesting.
When everyone says the cards are amazing what exactly do you mean? is it the quality of the cards or the designs?
I've never even looked at any of the sets they have made let alone seen them in real life so I'm not sure what everyone means.

So this will be there first TV mainstream sort of set? Let's hope it does really well and Press Pass do more Smile

They might give Cryptozoic and Rittenhouse a run for their money if Parks and Recreation is a hit.
I'll be in for a couple of boxes, to help further the cause.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Well, on the Racing Legends, they chose a thicker card stock, foil stamping, a solid assortment of b/w, color, action and candid photos on the cards. A good bit of text on the back. Each base card was really appealing to look at.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
The racing cards also have some colorful pieces as PP got a wide variety of relics for their cards, like sheet metal, tires, gloves, firesuits and more. You can imagine the variations on the firesuit, those things are like 90% sponsors logo patches so nearly every swatch is a patch of some sort.

This one is a bit of an extreme example, but it shows the kind of patch you can get...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bill-E...&hash=item27c64c13ac

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Press Pass puts together some very nice sets. I particularly like the Elvis series. There have been some nice autograph cards from Elvis co-stars in those. Nancy Sinatra, Barbara Eden, Julie Adams, Yvonne Craig and Mary Tyler Moore to name a few. No Ann-Margaret yet, but here's hoping one day. The material swatches from Elvis clothing and the oversized swatches are also well done.

For some reason Press Pass has remained very low key and a couple of their licenses, like the rodeo thing, don't really make for a main stream product.

I think they could do really well with a popular title. Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta say this is shaping up a be a really nice looking release. Here is a confirmed list of signers so far:

- Amy Poehler (Leslie Knope)
- Rob Lowe (Chris Traeger)
- Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson)
- Aziz Ansari (Tom Haverford)
- Aubrey Plaza (April Ludgate)
- Jim O'Heir (Jerry Gergich)
- Retta (Donna Meagle)
- Mo Collins (Joan Callamezzo)
- Jay Jackson (Perd Hapley)
- Megan Mullally (Tammy Swanson)
- Paul Rudd (Bobby Newport)
- Fred Armisen (Raul)
- Parker Posey (Lindsay Carlisle Shay)

The only three names missing from this list are Adam Scott, Chris Pratt, and Rashida Jones...but this is the confirmed list SO FAR, so there is always a chance they are doing things like Crypto and waiting till the cards are in hand before releasing the info.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I'm in for a couple of boxes, at least.

I'm a LONGTIME fan of Saturday Night Live, so a shot at a pair of all-star cast members, Poehler and Armisen, alone would've piqued my interest even if I didn't watch Parks and Rec, which I have from the start. It's a great show, not as many jokes as the "30 Rock", but more heart. Not as much heart as "The Office" but more jokes.

If only these shows had horrible, blaring laugh tracks telling the audience when to laugh like the popular CBS and ABC sitcoms do, maybe they'd be more popular in the ratings.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anne N.
posted Hide Post
quote:
This set will feature the following:
- 90 Card Base Set featuring seasons 1-4 along with subsets!
- Two On-Card Autgraphs Per Box! Featuring regulars & guest stars!
- Three Autograph Levels: Silver Metallic, Gold Metallic #'d to 99, Red Metaillic #'d to 25!
- One Show-Worn Relic Card Per Box!
- One Foil Board Base Parallel Per Pack!

The confirmed Autograph line-up to date (character in parenthesis) consists of the following:
- Jim O'Heir (Jerry Gergich)
- Retta (Donna Meagle)
- Mo Collins (Joan Callamezzo)
- Jay Jackson (Perd Hapley)
- Megan Mullally (Tammy Swanson)
- Paul Rudd (Bobby Newport)
- Fred Armisen (Raul)
- Parker Posey (Lindsay Carlisle Shay)

The confirmed Show-worn Relic cards from the following 8 regulars:
- Rashida Jones (Ann Perkins)
- Chris Pratt (Andy Dwyer)
- Adam Scott (Ben Wyatt)

I'm liking the auto list a lot, but I'm hoping they'll be able to add Rashida Jones, Chris Pratt, Louis C.K., Ben Schwartz, or Adam Scott.

Maybe they could even move it back a few weeks if they could use that time to expand the set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anne N.,

Posts: 23 | Location: PA~USA | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I forgot all about Louis C.K. being on the show, that would be a great addition.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Press Pass has released some details on the costume cards from Parks and Recreation:

Straight Out Of Pawnee

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I like how the costume cards list the season and episode on them.
Even though I don't watch the show, I think Press Pass has (from the images I've seen) really got to town and this is going to be an incredible looking set.
I may have to pickup a box just because I am impressed.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
These look really nice.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
June 12th can't get here soon enough!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
These look really nice.

I couldn't agree more. I can't tell you how happy I am to actually SEE a picture of them wearing the costume on the card itself.. I've never understood how others miss that. You have a picture of somebody all in black and a white piece of fabric?? This is awesome.. I have to find a way to get a case of these in Canada now Smile.. at a reasonable price of course.

Posts: 35 | Location: Canada | Registered: December 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the release date get moved back?

Posts: 84 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heroeslost:
Did the release date get moved back?

I has a couple of times, each by a week. Currently slated for June 12.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe this means a Rashida Jones autograph could be added last second?