March 03, 2012, 06:25 AM
paul hart
The hunger games neca
Hi may have missed a thread on these?
Anyone know set conposition?
Smile
March 03, 2012, 06:46 AM
m.o.b.
A German website(closeup.de)that sells NECA products included this break down of the cards:

1 Title Card
17 Character Cards
44 Story Cards
9 Poster Cards
1 Checklist Card

March 03, 2012, 04:48 PM
Scifi Cards
Yeah, there's another thread I started back there somewhere...

Sad looking set. Apparently no chase cards at all, and the same price that NECA charged for Twilight cards with chase and even a couple autographs (depending on the set).

My solicitation even came with a disclaimer that the cards were not to be sold on eBay, Amazon or the like. Apparently they don't want people to sell them either.

Yeah, I still ordered some. I guess I'm a sheep...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

March 04, 2012, 09:35 PM
Nathan MacKeller
Funny. I just saw packs being sold on Ebay. What is the release date on this Ed?

Thanks,
Nathan
March 05, 2012, 12:25 AM
Scifi Cards
Street date is Wednesday March 7.

Ed

March 05, 2012, 02:37 AM
Juelle Lou
So much for Necca's "No selling on eBay Rule" Smile

Really what did they expect?
March 05, 2012, 07:30 AM
paul hart
Thanks for the info everyone! How can people be told not to sell
Something on ebay! Even if its licence is usa then
People have option to only sell there.
Seems crazy!
March 12, 2012, 07:33 PM
Nathan MacKeller
Is this a Hobby only set? I have not seen any yet, only the small cheap looking figures.

Thanks,
Nathan
March 13, 2012, 01:27 AM
Scifi Cards
More like a retail only set.

Don't know if there will be gravity feeds at Targets, but I would bet NECA has them in every Hot Topic in the country.

Ed

March 13, 2012, 05:10 AM
Juelle Lou
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
More like a retail only set.

Don't know if there will be gravity feeds at Targets, but I would bet NECA has them in every Hot Topic in the country.

Ed

I agree, especially considering Hot Topic have their own range of licensed Hunger Games stuff.
March 13, 2012, 09:16 AM
wolfie
The film just got cut in the UK to get a lower 12A rating. You may find images on the cards which are not in the film over here.

March 13, 2012, 12:07 PM
Triple-Frog
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
The film just got cut in the UK to get a lower 12A rating. You may find images on the cards which are not in the film over here.

It's fascinating to see the differences in certification and the cuts required by the MPAA in the USA and the BBFC in the UK.

The films will actually run the same time but the UK version will have the blood removed and certain scenes darkened?cutaways,apparently all to do with one particular fight.

This is very similar to what happens on UK TV with certain shows from the US although hopefully it will be done with more skill than some of the hatchet jobs done on the likes of The Vampire Diaries,Buffy etc Shake Head.

If the film had been made as written in the book you can bet none of the nudity would have made it past the MPAA so the filmmakers did not even attempt it and apparently there is now only a suggestion of nudity Razz .

Getting back to the cards Smile it's a shame none of the quality card manufacturers could get the licence but I guess it was just too expensive.
March 13, 2012, 10:49 PM
Incarnadine
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

I was reading about this, they only cut 7 seconds to get the lower rating. I think it shortened a couple of the bloodier scenes by a few seconds.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

March 20, 2012, 06:36 PM
Lara7320
thanks for the set composition info. I'm surprised to hear they didn't want to sell these on ebay. That's where I bought my box. Comes in the mail in a couple days.
March 21, 2012, 09:09 AM
ts
I am shocked they didn't do autographs for this set. The cast are very good signers. My daughter is a huge fan and thanks to a family friend. Was able to get tickets to the premiere & after-party in LA. Had them sign my custom cards and a poster.

Here is a pic of my daughter and Cato (Alexander Ludwig)

March 21, 2012, 09:09 PM
DavidDeb
that's pretty cool Thumb Up

March 24, 2012, 04:37 PM
Lara7320
that's so awesome. Alex Ludwig is such a cutie. Lucky girl!
March 24, 2012, 07:20 PM
Triple-Frog
quote:
Originally posted by Lara7320:
that's so awesome. Alex Ludwig is such a cutie. Lucky girl!

Unlike his character in the movie Big Grin .
March 25, 2012, 12:20 AM
Sidewinder
Do you get all your custom autos professionally framed or do you do it yourself, they always look great Smile
March 25, 2012, 02:29 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
The films will actually run the same time but the UK version will have the blood removed and certain scenes darkened?cutaways,apparently all to do with one particular fight.

This is very similar to what happens on UK TV with certain shows from the US although hopefully it will be done with more skill than some of the hatchet jobs done on the likes of The Vampire Diaries,Buffy etc Shake Head.

If the film had been made as written in the book you can bet none of the nudity would have made it past the MPAA so the filmmakers did not even attempt it and apparently there is now only a suggestion of nudity Razz .

Getting back to the cards Smile it's a shame none of the quality card manufacturers could get the licence but I guess it was just too expensive.

Now that the film is out there have been a number of articles written about the books, which I have not read, and the deeper meanings of the film, along with the target audience reactions. I think some of this might be the reason why card manufacturers looking at this project might not have wanted to commit to an expensive license.

For one thing, this first part is the best of the story for popular consumption. The second two books are about the revolution and its political aspects with the conclusion largely seen as unsatisfactory to adult and young readers alike. I take that from the Daily News article, I don't know it to be true, but generally speaking "1984" tales of the future tend to be grimmer as they go along.

Secondly, and this is ironic, so far young audiences love this movie for all the wrong reasons. This goes to why the violent scenes may have been trimmed or have quick cut aways to preserve not only the PG rating, but to make it more like a fun adventure. Instead of being upset by all the injustice in this imaged world, fans want to be Katniss and run around on TV killing other kids with a cool bow and arrow. The film makes a lot of those kids look like villians who deserve it, which is another way to make it all less awful and more exciting than it should be.

Getting back to cards, this storyline is not nearly so much fantasy as Harry Potter, and I think at least on paper it would have looked like a big risk. The film will make a lot of money, but it would appear that they will be hard pressed to stick to the source material for sequels.